Thread: NFL's proposal to NFLPA

Hybrid View

Default NFL's proposal to NFLPA

If someone beats me at posting this, please merge

http://nfllabor.com/2011/03/11/exclu...osal-to-nflpa/

1. We more than split the economic difference between us, increasing our proposed cap for 2011 significantly and accepting the Union’s proposed cap number for 2014 ($161 million per club).

2. An entry level compensation system based on the Union’s “rookie cap” proposal, rather than the wage scale proposed by the clubs. Under the NFL proposal, players drafted in rounds 2-7 would be paid the same or more than they are paid today. Savings from the first round would be reallocated to veteran players and benefits.

3. A guarantee of up to $1 million of a player’s salary for the contract year after his injury – the first time that the clubs have offered a standard multi-year injury guarantee.

4. Immediate implementation of changes to promote player health and safety by:

◦Reducing the off-season program by five weeks, reducing OTAs from 14 to 10, and limiting on-field practice time and contact;
    ◦Limiting full-contact practices in the preseason and regular season; and
    ◦Increasing number of days off for players.
    5. Commit that any change to an 18-game season will be made only by agreement and that the 2011 and 2012 seasons will be played under the current 16-game format.

6. Owner funding of $82 million in 2011-12 to support additional benefits to former players, which would increase retirement benefits for more than 2000 former players by nearly 60 percent.

7. Offer current players the opportunity to remain in the player medical plan for life.

8. Third party arbitration for appeals in the drug and steroid programs.

9. Improvements in the Mackey plan, disability plan, and degree completion bonus program.

10. A per-club cash minimum spend of 90 percent of the salary cap over three seasons.
    Draft:
    1) Eric Ebron TE
    2) Moses Morgan OT
    3) Shane Skov ILB
    4) Michael Sam DE/Olb
    5) James Wilder Jr RB
    6) best player available
    7) best player available

I don't think it would have mattered what the owners offered, short of staying the status-quo, the union wanted to decertify all along
    Last edited by bilzfancy; 03-11-2011 at 07:39 PM.

"If ever a man had it all, it would have to be me"

"living is easy with eyes closed"

Bills mock (subject to change many times by May)

1) trade with Rams again 9 for 13 + 44 Kony Ealy DE
    2) Antonio Richardson OT Tenn.
    2)Troy Niklas TE ND
    3)Jeremiah Attaochu OLB GT
    4) Kenny Ladler DB Vandy
    5)Andrew Jackson MLB W. Kent.
    7)Russell Bodine C,G N. Caro

Quote Originally Posted by bilzfancy View Post
    I don't think it would have mattered what the owners offered, short of staying the status-quo, the union wanted to certify all along
    They want the books open so they can say 'why change it if you are making money?' there entire strategy is based on trying to prove that they dont need to agree to make a change. Sad really.
    Draft:
    1) Eric Ebron TE
    2) Moses Morgan OT
    3) Shane Skov ILB
    4) Michael Sam DE/Olb
    5) James Wilder Jr RB
    6) best player available
    7) best player available

In defense of the NFLPA one of their lawyers (can't remember his name) said that was complete lies. I don't trust a word from either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by KGUNNER View Post
    In defense of the NFLPA one of their lawyers (can't remember his name) said that was complete lies. I don't trust a word from either of them.
    I dont trust them either, but we will find out soon. Because when the courts get involved they will open everything and it will be a matter of public record.
    Draft:
    1) Eric Ebron TE
    2) Moses Morgan OT
    3) Shane Skov ILB
    4) Michael Sam DE/Olb
    5) James Wilder Jr RB
    6) best player available
    7) best player available

This offer is specific in some areas and alarmingly va-gue in the big one (the money). It's a solid offer, if true...but if I were a player or a player rep, my two sticking points would be 1.) proving the need to alter the financial structure and 2.) the 18 game season. It's possible that this offer resolves neither.

Quote Originally Posted by forever 7-9 View Post
    This offer is specific in some areas and alarmingly va-gue in the big one (the money). It's a solid offer, if true...but if I were a player or a player rep, my two sticking points would be 1.) proving the need to alter the financial structure and 2.) the 18 game season. It's possible that this offer resolves neither.
    I agree FCOL. This whole situation is CRUD.
    My platform includes:

Craig Nall, Josh Reed, Trent Edwards, Chris Kelsay, veteran depth-chart politics and character/morals in sports.

Feel free to discuss any of my platforms with me!

on the 18 game season it says it would be 16 for at least the next two years and wont go to 18 with out player approval. That is pretty clear.

It basically breaks it all down to the revenue split.
    Draft:
    1) Eric Ebron TE
    2) Moses Morgan OT
    3) Shane Skov ILB
    4) Michael Sam DE/Olb
    5) James Wilder Jr RB
    6) best player available
    7) best player available

Quote Originally Posted by sjhbillsfan View Post
    on the 18 game season it says it would be 16 for at least the next two years and wont go to 18 with out player approval. That is pretty clear.

It basically breaks it all down to the revenue split.
    That's not resolving the 18 game issue. It's deferring it. I would demand that the season remain 16 games for the entirety of the CBA.

And the revenue split is somewhat broken down, with no mention of whether or not the owners justified the demand by showing financial proof. I suspect they didn't show much.

If you're the NFLPA and you think you can get that info in a lawsuit, it's not just reasonable to, but it's almost necessary to pursue litigation before giving up money like that.

That's not resolving the 18 game issue. It's deferring it. I would demand that the season remain 16 games for the entirety of the CBA.

And the revenue split is somewhat broken down, with no mention of whether or not the owners justified the demand by showing financial proof. I suspect they didn't show much.

If you're the NFLPA and you think you can get that info in a lawsuit, it's not just reasonable to, but it's almost necessary to pursue litigation before giving up money like that.
    But it is two years of no change and an agreement to not change until both sides agree.
    Draft:
    1) Eric Ebron TE
    2) Moses Morgan OT
    3) Shane Skov ILB
    4) Michael Sam DE/Olb
    5) James Wilder Jr RB
    6) best player available
    7) best player available

Quote Originally Posted by sjhbillsfan View Post
    But it is two years of no change and an agreement to not change until both sides agree.
    If it was a complete shelving of the idea until "both sides agree" there would be no need to use the specifying language for 2011 and 2012. That implies that the decision will be re-visited after then. That's a deferral.

deferring is still a concession on the owners part
    "The only thing i miss more than winning is breathing" -George Steinbrenner

"Every loss is like a hole in my heart"

"No, it’s not the Yankees hurting baseball, it’s the Marlins."

μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος
    οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί' Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε' ἔθηκεν

Quote Originally Posted by DontCrossTheMoats View Post
    deferring is still a concession on the owners part
    Definitely. My point was only that if I was the NFLPA I wouldn't settle on that issue at all. The fans don't want it, the players don't want it, it's unsafe and irresponsible. I would give a little elsewhere to completely kill it.

Like I said, that's just me.

Definitely. My point was only that if I was the NFLPA I wouldn't settle on that issue at all. The fans don't want it, the players don't want it, it's unsafe and irresponsible. I would give a little elsewhere to completely kill it.

Like I said, that's just me.
    I actually believe a majority of the fans do want an 18 game season, but polls only select a few areas of fans. I have seen polls on smaller areas, and it is widely on the side of 18 games.

And then I have seen polls, here and other national sites, where is is the other way.

But if you asked every fan, I believe most fans would rather give up 2 preseason games for 2 more regular season games.

Just my opinion
    2013 Adopt a Bill---Chris Hairston

Quote Originally Posted by vegasloveforthebills View Post
    I actually believe a majority of the fans do want an 18 game season, but polls only select a few areas of fans. I have seen polls on smaller areas, and it is widely on the side of 18 games.

And then I have seen polls, here and other national sites, where is is the other way.

But if you asked every fan, I believe most fans would rather give up 2 preseason games for 2 more regular season games.

Just my opinion
    I think there is some selection/confirmation bias (confuse them a lot) in the polls I have seen (20-80, 30-70 against) but those numbers are substantial enough to suggest that, in general, there is probably a majority, albeit a smaller one, against it.

And regardless, public opinion is not a major concern on that issue. Sorry...if the public said play 100 games that would be clearly unreasonable. On issues of safety, the NFLPA has to ignore fans...it's their duty.

I think there is some selection/confirmation bias (confuse them a lot) in the polls I have seen (20-80, 30-70 against) but those numbers are substantial enough to suggest that, in general, there is probably a majority, albeit a smaller one, against it.

And regardless, public opinion is not a major concern on that issue. Sorry...if the public said play 100 games that would be clearly unreasonable. On issues of safety, the NFLPA has to ignore fans...it's their duty.
    I agree, public opinion truly doesnt matter, because if it did, we wouldnt be where we are right now.

As far as what they believe, we will have to agree to disagree. (by the way, I understand why people are against it, and would possibly lean that way as well.)
    2013 Adopt a Bill---Chris Hairston