Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Who is the best Bills TE ever?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by ExNorthBuffaloLad View Post
    That was mentioned a few times prior on this thread before you posted that.

Do keep up please
    Says the guy who had no idea Peters played TE in the NFL. Then gets high and mighty to the people correcting him.
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.

I've seen McKellar, Metzellars, and Riemersma. I gotta go with Metzellars. I think McKellar was the most talented of the three, and had good production but his career was shortened due to injury. Riemersma was not bad and is better than anyone on the roster, but Metzellars perfomed well consistently and in big games so I gave him the edge. Plus he has a great name for Buffalo.
    "The Sausage King of Chicago"

"We are all erring creatures, and mainly idiots, but God made us so and it is dangerous to criticize."-Mark Twain

2014 Buffalo Bills: Things might not be so bad.

Jay Riemersma and Pete Metzalaars

I cant choose between them.
    "The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It ... will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president."

Quote Originally Posted by DKTurtle View Post
    Says the guy who had no idea Peters played TE in the NFL. Then gets high and mighty to the people correcting him.
    Hey stoopid, you do not understand when the 'winky's are in use and what purpose they serve ... apparently not.

I guess you also didn't pick up the part that he scored a TD while on special teams by recovering a blocked punt for a TD, and was playing as a 'tackle eligible' when scoring on JP's 1st TD pass

'Why so serious'

Hey stoopid, you do not understand when the 'winky's are in use and what purpose they serve ... apparently not.

I guess you also didn't pick up the part that he scored a TD while on special teams by recovering a blocked punt for a TD, and was playing as a 'tackle eligible' when scoring on JP's 1st TD pass

'Why so serious'
    Ok stoopid, I guess you missed the part where he played TE as a rookie and had a number in the 80s.
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.

teyo johnson
    Go Bills
    sec 140 row 2 all season

Definitely Dave Moore (caught a TD the last time we beat New England) or Ryan Neufeld.
    This. Right Here. Is My. Sig.

Joe Klopenstein!!!! But seriously I would have to say Metzellars.

Quote Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
    Id have to go with Metzalaars. Although Riemersma was really good. I never got to see Warlick play so I can't say whether he was better than these guys.

Metz used to make me laugh. He always seemed like a big slow lunker but he always found ways to get open and he had great hands.

We used to call him Pete "The Camel" Metzalaars because of how he lumbered when he ran.
    "Good teams put it in the end zone. Teams like us kick field goals.'' - TJ Houshmandzadeh

"Potential means you ain't done $&%# yet" - Bill Parcells

There's a difference between winning a single game and establishing a winning organization. - indybillsfan

Adopt a Bill 2014 - #93 Randell Johnson - HOOT!!!!!

'Why so serious'
    Nah. You had no idea he played TE. It's quite obvious.

Then when called on it, you start acting like a child.

You didn't know. No point in arguing.
    These words were written:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampten View Post
    Call me crazy, but I'd trade Watkins for our first and their (Cleveland) 1st next year.

No disrespect to WARLICK but METZELAARS by far is the best tight end that has ever played for the BILLS, especially if you look at things like longevity, stats and worth to the team. It's really not even close.
    <a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/kishoph/DSC_1469--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...um_540_360.jpg</a>
    CJ........SPILLER........CJ.........SPILLER

Quote Originally Posted by DVS1 View Post
    No disrespect to WARLICK but METZELAARS by far is the best tight end that has ever played for the BILLS, especially if you look at things like longevity, stats and worth to the team. It's really not even close.
    Tell you what. If you saw Warlick play and have this opinion, fine. If not, then you have no basis for comparison. I have seen both. Warlick was as good a receiver as Metz and was a better blocker. Metz gets props because he was on the Super Bowl teams. A solid #2 on the list, but Warlick was the better all around player.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1864 View Post
    Pete Metzelaars was the Bills best tight end. No question.
    Agreed. End thread.

Butch Rolle started out with a big 4 catch season in 1986, he was averaging 14 yards a catch with a longest of 20 yards but no TD's.

So the Bills found a new role for him and history was made. From 1987 to 1991 he went on a record steak of 10 catches all for touchdowns, he was averaging less than 2 ypc. Then in a meaningless game 16 against the Lions he caught a 5 yard pass and it was not for a TD. Needless to say, it was his last season here.

Metz was the best even though there were better athletes here at times, they just never got it all together (McKeller, Johnson, Everett and Nelson) Metz was the better player of the position. Jay was #2, Mckeller's low TD #'s and ypc take him out of consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by indybillsfan View Post
    Tell you what. If you saw Warlick play and have this opinion, fine. If not, then you have no basis for comparison. I have seen both. Warlick was as good a receiver as Metz and was a better blocker. Metz gets props because he was on the Super Bowl teams. A solid #2 on the list, but Warlick was the better all around player.

I can't say I ever seen WARLICK play seeing that I was 3 when his career with the BILLS ended, but I can look at things such as longevity with the team ( 4 yrs. for E.W. and 10 yrs. for P.M.) and worth to the team as I posted. WARLICK played on a team that did win championships but they won them mainly because of their Defensive play, while METZELAARS was a big part of an Offensive powerhouse that went to the Super Bowl 4 years in a row. Also I think that METZELAARS 29 TD rec. far outweighs WARLICK's 4 TD rec. I wish I could of seen the early Championship teams, I might have a greater love for them, but I thing I'm being pretty realistic in saying that METZELAARS was far more valuable to his team than WARLICK was his. I do respect your opinion though, I just can't agree with it.
    <a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/kishoph/DSC_1469--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...um_540_360.jpg</a>
    CJ........SPILLER........CJ.........SPILLER

Quote Originally Posted by jayryp80 View Post
    Nah. You had no idea he played TE. It's quite obvious.

Then when called on it, you start acting like a child.

You didn't know. No point in arguing.
    Are you Dr Phil in disguise?

He was un-drafted, played special teams, blocked punt recover for a TD, and scored another TD as a 'tackle eligible'.

Was moved from right to left tackle.

Can you actually name me a game that he either started at TE or came into a game as an actual TE, not as a tackle?

or ... can you only name me a time when he was on the roster as a TE but only played special teams ....

I never have a problem admitting I didn't know something.

Why he's even being mentioned in this thread was a joke anyways ..
    Last edited by ExNorthBuffaloLad; 05-17-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by touque View Post
    Pete metzalarz(sp)
    Agreed, hands down. One of the greatest at his position that you never, EVER hear about.

I can't say I ever seen WARLICK play seeing that I was 3 when his career with the BILLS ended, but I can look at things such as longevity with the team ( 4 yrs. for E.W. and 10 yrs. for P.M.) and worth to the team as I posted. WARLICK played on a team that did win championships but they won them mainly because of their Defensive play, while METZELAARS was a big part of an Offensive powerhouse that went to the Super Bowl 4 years in a row. Also I think that METZELAARS 29 TD rec. far outweighs WARLICK's 4 TD rec. I wish I could of seen the early Championship teams, I might have a greater love for them, but I thing I'm being pretty realistic in saying that METZELAARS was far more valuable to his team than WARLICK was his. I do respect your opinion though, I just can't agree with it.
    Thanks for putting this into a better context with some stats. I saw EW play as kid and he is definitely in consideration for the best. But in the end you gotta go with the Pete. He was an integral part of the K-gun offensive juggernaut of the 90's. Who can forget watching this giant tree of a man running down field with a catch. When Reed, Lofton, and Thurman wre covered there he was keeping the D off guard.

Well, that's why we have this board. Having watched both I would take Ernie over Pete, not that Pete was bad by any stretch. Ernie was the kind of athlete that would have excelled in any era.