Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone think Spiller is actually going to be any good?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

lolz at crackhead crackur

International fashion/travel photographer and Bills extraordinaire - well, at least one of that is true!
    My Facebook

Formerly Rhythm N' Blue

Official Meatball Handler: Kyle Williams Facebook Fan Page

Going into this season Spiller hadn't shown an ability to be an every down back. His blocking was subpar and his patience needed work. Perhaps by watching Fred who is a very good blocker, and who has very good vision, CJ filled those gaps in his game. Sometimes it takes a player a while to break out, and today's football fan has little patience, especially when your team hasn't had much success.
    A new year, a new hope, go Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Going into this season Spiller hadn't shown an ability to be an every down back. His blocking was subpar and his patience needed work. Perhaps by watching Fred who is a very good blocker, and who has very good vision, CJ filled those gaps in his game. Sometimes it takes a player a while to break out, and today's football fan has little patience, especially when your team hasn't had much success.
    I thought then that he showed flashes and definitely had the ability. He exceeded my expectations this year by making the Pro Bowl (hey alternates count!). So I look forward to a bright future
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Marcel Dareus

check your bobber, i just hit this.

i would worry more about gilmore panning out if i were you !

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    My God, you're such a worthless dumbass.

I am not a number, I am a free robot.

you are the biggest nuthugging,clueless poster on this board !!!

Quote Originally Posted by NOVABilliever View Post
    EVERYTHING the Bills do is criticized on this board. And it's the same people 99% of the time.
    Got that right. I thought this post was some kind of joke but then I saw the date lol.

He already has.

Bills fans pessimism is half the problem. We pick apart every draft pick and signing who isn't a star from day one...

There was a lot of discontent on the Spiller pick back in the day. Kind of amusing to see these old threads, but it is kind of like posting a pick of someone drunk in junior high. Let it go folks. What happened in 2011 stays in 2011...

Quote Originally Posted by General Lee Evans View Post
    Neato. A callout thread from ages ago before Spiller had done anything of note. I'm glad he's turned out to be an incredible back but what did I say in my post that wasn't true?
    Dude Spiller had already scored a kickoff return TD by then far more than Maybin the comparison was far from fair.

Quote Originally Posted by 54 spielman View Post
    My God, you're such a worthless dumbass.

Just put him on your ignore list. It will improve your bbmb experience immensely.

Think about what you just said for a second. How could he bring us back for our fifth in a row when there's been a bunch in between? This is what you call a fairly bad zing. It didn't make any sense.

Besides, there's not a whole lot of articles on the subject. Are you saying that RB isn't the easiest position to transition to? Did you bother to read either article? The date of the article really doesn't matter does it? It's still football unless I'm missing something.

"Cool" comment though. Kinda surprised you didn't end it with a "you mad bro?"
    It went over your head, I was making a joke about how out dated your article was. But yeah, if you don't think the NFL isn't different today than 18 years ago I won't try to explain it to you. You mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by runwillis32 View Post
    Cool article from 94 man, what's next, you going to tell us Kelly is brining us back to our fifth in a row?
    Lol yeah I just started Kindergarten and barely knew who the Bills were when this article was written. Now I'm a college grad and have had my heart ripped out by this team many times since.

the funny thing is in 2 years someone may be able to make all the fitz hate look dumb, or all the byrd love, or we may be laughing at doubting nassib.... noone ever knows.

Quote Originally Posted by caffeine addict View Post
    Just put him on your ignore list. It will improve your bbmb experience immensely.
    I would, but triple homering ol' Buffy has sent him into a tizzy on numerous occasions. Knowing I'm his favorite is reason enough to carry on.
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

you are the biggest nuthugging,clueless poster on this board !!!

Think about what you just said for a second. How could he bring us back for our fifth in a row when there's been a bunch in between? This is what you call a fairly bad zing. It didn't make any sense.

Besides, there's not a whole lot of articles on the subject. Are you saying that RB isn't the easiest position to transition to? Did you bother to read either article? The date of the article really doesn't matter does it? It's still football unless I'm missing something.

"Cool" comment though. Kinda surprised you didn't end it with a "you mad bro?"
    You have to be kidding me. Some of the top players in 94' would be average players in today's league. That article is almost 20 years old. That's like saying those old Macintosh computers that was only good at playing Solitaire can be used in today's age doing the same tasks your computer can do.
    Official 3rd Year Season Ticket Holder!

Section 129 Row 12 Seats 1&2

Quote Originally Posted by crackur View Post
    Does anyone think Spiller is actually going to be any good?
    Nice job, you got a smile out of me.

What I want to see is what the fans think when the new coach gives Spiller maybe 4 or 5 more runs per game, because that's about the most you would want to run a guy with his build. I'm betting that's how it works out, maybe 17 attempts per game and maybe four or five shots at getting him a pass. How will the boards react to this.

CJ's a favorite here, as well he should be. But IMHO, he's not built to be a workhorse, and that's what most of the boards seem to want him to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    That RB is the easiest position to transition to. It clearly isn't, especially for a speed back.

Or ask Fred Jackson how well that transition worked.

But yes, yours was not as bad as the OP calling him "Maybinish".

Hunh? RB and LB are generally considered the easiest positions to transition to. No question about that, really. But that doesn't mean everybody does well right away. Just that a larger percentage do than at other positions.

DT is often very tough because college guys need more growth and strength, WRs often take a long time because the blitz adjustments and the different patterns demanded by different defensive formations are often really tough. QB has traditionally been a very tough one, though Russell Wilson and a few others are putting the lie to that one, but it's not a coincidence that just as Flacco starts to mature the Ravens get into the Super Bowl. OLs need a while to catch on to all the stunting and twisting and complicated blitzes as well as the more physical nature of NFL football.

RBs often have a problem with pass blocking. That's the one area of the game that is often really tough to adjust to. But the rest is just understanding the playbook well enough to know which hole you're supposed to aim towards, hitting holes quickly, seeing when that hole isn't there and quickly finding the new one ... all things they also had to do in college. Mostly RBs don't have a very big adjustment, compared to other positions anyway.

No question, though, that CJ really did take a season and a half to figure out that unlike college his speed wasn't going to win him the edge every time. He's adjusted well, though, now that he's figured that out. No question.
    Last edited by Thurman#1; 01-26-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Gailey not utilizing Spiller in games incensed me, and many other BIlls fans