Thread: Check out these pics. The best is yet to come

Default Check out these pics. The best is yet to come

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I have posted pics and other Bills stuff on my garage walls for over 30 years. Back in January of 1990 I tacked the bottom photo of Bills running back Ronnie Harmon dropping a game winning Jim Kelly touchdown pass vs the Cleveland Browns in a playoff game. (That was the game in which the K-Gun was born.) I was at that game in the the midst of the dog pound. As the Bills were driving I just knew they were going to win, until the Harmon drop. I put that pic on the wall to remind me how much that drop hurt me, but I also believed that the Bills were on the verge of something good. Good as in 4 Super Bowl trips and a decade of great Bills football.

Last November I posted the top pic, also from Sports Illustrated,of Stevie Johnson dropping the game winner from Fitz vs the Steelers. I posted it for much of the same reasons. It broke my heart and I thought the Bills were about to get better. When I put the pics up I told anybody who would listen that the turning point for the Bills is near.

Harmon went nowhere for the Bills but Stevie is looking like the real deal.Who knew dropped passes could be so meaningful.

Just thought I'd share. Pretty eerrie don't you think. Lets hope that the Bills are improving to the point that the next decade will be another great ride for us all. Go Bills

Sorry for picture size, you'll need to click on it to view. I'm old, computer illiterate, and don't know how to post the big ones. But not too old to root for the Bills!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tax man; 09-28-2011 at 07:06 PM.

I sure hope you are right! I was at that Pitt game last year with like 10 Steelers fans. Boy did that one hurt. It worked out in the end though (we got Dareus because of it). Thanks for sharing. Hopefully the stars are aligned for us again, as they did back then.

OMG I had that Ronnie Harmon dropped pass picture on my wall for years.

Haha most folks here don't even remember that, if they were even born yet lol.

I remember that dropped pass by Harmon. I also remember for years afterward there was controversy about whether or not there were shenanigans involved (some people thought he got paid off for that "dropped" pass).

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I did find the rumors that persisted for years about that sort of interesting.

This year's Bills team might be one if not THE most favorite group of players I've ever seen play for the Bills. Love the fact that they seem to be so much more grounded and not so full of themselves. I hope they stay that way.

Thanks to -realfan- for the beautiful tribute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wquq4DTbC9E

Twitter @wyobilzfan

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    I remember that dropped pass by Harmon. I also remember for years afterward there was controversy about whether or not there were shenanigans involved (some people thought he got paid off for that "dropped" pass).

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I did find the rumors that persisted for years about that sort of interesting.

This year's Bills team might be one if not THE most favorite group of players I've ever seen play for the Bills. Love the fact that they seem to be so much more grounded and not so full of themselves. I hope they stay that way.

A lot of people think Harmon threw the 1986 Rose Bowl too. Give that a Google search.

I remember that dropped pass too. I had just moved to Buffalo and although I had already become a Bills fan, I wasn't a TRUE Bills fan. At that time I didn't understand the heartache that most of my friends were experiencing.

Fast forward a few years, ok, quite a few years and I fully understand that heartache. I also know that good things are on the way and actually seem to already be here.

History somehow has a way of repeating itself. Let's just hope it brings 4 wins in a row!
    GO BILLS!!!!!

The topper to that dropped pass was when Harmon came out and blamed Jimbo for it, saying it was a bad pass lol. Oh the heartache.

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post

The big reason the rumors have persisted that the crooked bastard threw the game are below:

Quote Originally Posted by bferra13 View Post
    A lot of people think Harmon threw the 1986 Rose Bowl too. Give that a Google search.

Check out this link if you want to see what Hawkeye fans think of old Ronnie.

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/o...-didnt-he.html

This post stuck out to me:

lets do the math here.....

Ronnie had two agents, Waters and Bloom. One went to prison and the other was murdered, execution style.

Ronnie was shown in SI prior to the UCLA game, wearing copious ammounts of gold jewelry and sitting on a new Vespa.

MayBe his student loans came through?