Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nix's "interview" on WGR.

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan42790 View Post
    Ah yes, can't wait for all the Floyd fanatics to come out and try to justify that somehow this all really means Michael Floyd is the pick at 10, and Nix is using smokescreens.
    What constitutes a Floyd fanatic? I think the guy will be a great pro... I also think the same of Gilmore, Keuchly, and Decastro, and I would be ecstatic to have any of them on the Bills. But am I a fanatic cause I have Floyd mocked? You sure told us! How many 5th grader I-told-you-so posters are on this board?!

Who I wanted with our pick versus who we picked:
    1) Sammy Watkins/ Sammy Watkins
    2) Morgan Moses/ Cyrus Kouandjio
    3) Gabe Jackson/ Preston Brown
    4) Keith McGill/ Ross Cockrell
    5) Shane Skov/ Cyril Richardson
    7) Colt Lyerla/ Randell Johnson
    7) JC Copeland/ Seantrel Henderson

Quote Originally Posted by BillyT92679 View Post
    yeah

the Bills had a fetish for drafting corners in the 90s... JD Williams, Thomas Smith, Jeff Burris, Antoine Winfield. Then Nate Clements came along in 2001.

But just McKelvin since.
    I just don't think the case for passing on gilmore or kirkpatrick should be that we drafted some corners over a decade ago lol

The only thing that worries me about gilmore is that he's a late riser, and you can never be to cautious of a late riser.
    Adopt a Bill 2013
    Robert Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Stud37 View Post
    What constitutes a Floyd fanatic? I think the guy will be a great pro... I also think the same of Gilmore, Keuchly, and Decastro, and I would be ecstatic to have any of them on the Bills. But am I a fanatic cause I have Floyd mocked? You sure told us! How many 5th grader I-told-you-so posters are on this board?!
    Have you been on this board lately? No, I'm talking about people who just like Floyd, I'm talking about the guys **cough**HaterNation**cough** Who try to find what little evidence there is just to try to convince themselves that Floyd is still in play. Sure, he technically is, but from everything Nix has said and done, from this draft and his history, I think it's pretty clear Nix doesn't regard Floyd as highly as a lot of other people do.
    Adopt a Bill 2013
    Robert Woods

Oh I agre completely. I meant they used to draft a ton of corners but not anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by we are View Post
    I just don't think the case for passing on gilmore or kirkpatrick should be that we drafted some corners over a decade ago lol
    Adopt a Bill 2011 Ryan Fitzpatrick

The only thing that worries me about gilmore is that he's a late riser, and you can never be to cautious of a late riser.
    But he's a late riser for a reason. I don't think Nix pays any attention to where the guy was slotted by draftniks 2 months ago vs today. They do their own homework and fill out their board accordingly. If Gilmore is in their top 10 players then I have to trust them with that, they are the professionals.

I also listened to this interview and although I try not to jump to conclusions, Nix's tone changed when he talked about Gilmore vs when he talked about Kirkpatrick. It really did sound like if he's there, he is the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by dt1021Roc View Post
    But he's a late riser for a reason. I don't think Nix pays any attention to where the guy was slotted by draftniks 2 months ago vs today. They do their own homework and fill out their board accordingly. If Gilmore is in their top 10 players then I have to trust them with that, they are the professionals.

I also listened to this interview and although I try not to jump to conclusions, Nix's tone changed when he talked about Gilmore vs when he talked about Kirkpatrick. It really did sound like if he's there, he is the pick.
    I noticed that as well. Like you said though it's all speculation, and I kind of think they might be leaning towards Gilmore. We'll find out next week though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut25 View Post
    note to self, never fly with jimbo if you want to have luck enough to actually get to where you're going.

Ah yes, can't wait for all the Floyd fanatics to come out and try to justify that somehow this all really means Michael Floyd is the pick at 10, and Nix is using smokescreens.
    I want Floyd more than anyone here. However, I am curious as to what you are trying to get across? We support Floyd because he is our favorite prospect that doesn't mean all Floyd fans will be crushed or uoset if the Bills go in a different direction.

I like Gilmore as well and would not mind if that is the direction goed
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Adopt a Bill 2014- Sammy Watkins
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by shaunta53 View Post
    As others have said I think it's going to be Gilmore at 10 if he's there...
    Seems to be leaning that way. I don't have problems with that pick. We need a corner. Mckelvin will be out after the year. McGee has no knees Florence is average Williams is unproven but promising

Thanks OP ... I've thought it would likely be CB for awhile, just seems that talent available at CB is greater than WR or LB, and it's a very real need. If it's really about a shutdown (over zone) that seems to indicate Gilmore over Kirkpatrick.
    justRN: "They carted off Freddies ACL after he ripped it out for being weak."

Mark Asper: "He'd come smashing in there and make a big play and he has no emotion. He just goes back to the defensive huddle, and we had to trash talk for him. Our big line was 'Kiko Smash.' "#TheLegendOfKikoAlonzo

www.billievers.com

I think with Nix's philosophy of BPA, you can't lock into a player or even a position Nix wants. I think Nix himself doesn't even know who he is going to pick. The only thing we know from this interview is that he likes at least 10 players enough to draft at 10. I could see Gilmore but I could also see Kirkpatrick, Floyd, Jonathan Martin, Claiborne, Blackmon and Kalil.

Quote Originally Posted by kanatablues View Post
    Thanks OP ... I've thought it would likely be CB for awhile, just seems that talent available at CB is greater than WR or LB, and it's a very real need. If it's really about a shutdown (over zone) that seems to indicate Gilmore over Kirkpatrick.
    I too have been leaning this way. I think Kuechly is the only real option other than CB that could be drafted at 10.

The Bills sadly are not traders of picks. But if they were I would hope they could do it this year. It isn't to say there isn't talent there worth the 10th pick. It is to say that there is enough talent at a lot of positions we can use later, AND having an additional first next year would be HUGE.

So, if there were ever a year to trade out for picks, IMO it is this year. Collect the OL depth we so desparately need, Get the CBs we need, and a WR, All while garnering another pick next year.

If Fitz does not pan out well this year (I really hope he does) then hacing that extra first will be a god send.
    Quote Originally Posted by likei'vebeentherebefore View Post
    the choice is made the traveler has come

your new name is... Mom'z_Spaghetti
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom'z_Spaghetti View Post
    nnnooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!