Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FLOYD thread

Default FLOYD thread

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I think the Bills absolutely love Michael Floyd and have him rated higher than Blackmon. The lack of a OBD Floyd visit, Buddy talking up WR draft depth, and both Nix and Whaley deferring talking about him at the press conference is all smoke. The Bills love his size, speed, and especially his blocking, not to mention him growing up (Minnesota) and playing (ND) in cold weather climates. The Bills greatest need is LT but they don't view anyone outside of Kalil to be top 10 worthy, second need is WR. Short of Kalil being there, look for Floyd to be the pick. My opinion is that Bills are targeting Floyd, Keuchly, and Gilmore at 10, but would snap up Kalil in a heartbeat if he fell.

You know they love him.......how?

wont be upset with a floyd pick...just dont think it's him.
    1 - Mike Evans WR
    2 - Morgan Moses OT
    3 - Troy Niklas TE
    4 - Demarcus Lawrence OLB
    5 - Michael Shofield OG/OT
    6 - Bennett Jackson CB/S
    7 - Jerome Smith RB

Goes against everything they've done in the past...

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    Goes against everything they've done in the past...
    They've only been there 2 years.
    I have concluded that I am not qualified to make a mock draft since I don't have access to tape, and don't watch ever college football game every weekend.

Can't wait to see who we get and then do some research!

Quote Originally Posted by akcash View Post
    They've only been there 2 years.
    And the 1st two years they played no tricks...

Not Buddy's style.

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    And the 1st two years they played no tricks...

Not Buddy's style.
    2 years isn't a huge sample size to determine a gm's definite style... but I do agree that that's how its been so far.
    I have concluded that I am not qualified to make a mock draft since I don't have access to tape, and don't watch ever college football game every weekend.

Can't wait to see who we get and then do some research!

Adopt a Bill: Vince Young

Right he's blowing smoke about Floyd because the first 9 teams in the draft are all drooling all over Flyods jockstrap?!
    Buddy Nix, "we have shut down corners, it's just the guys they shut down ain't no good".
    -------------------------------------------------
    Bills coach Chan Gailey made it clear after Friday's third round picks that he's not losing any sleep over what kind of reviews the Bills receive.

"You use that term experts loosely, by the way," Gailey said.

There is something strange going on with the Bills and Floyd.

Floyd said today that the Bills wanted him to come in for a visit but both sides couldn't work it out in their schedules......huh? The Bills managed to bring in 30 different guys on visits but couldn't find a time to bring in Floyd? Even if they didn't have much interest in him they still would have brought him in.

Then Floyd goes on to say that he and the Bills haven't talked since the combine but then our GM last week said the he went to Notre Dame to visit with Floyd and his coaches and "know everything we need to know about Floyd"..

Something just seems strange with this. Either the Bills just have no interet in him whatsoever and Nix was just trying to keep that under wraps until the draft or their using smoke and mirrors in hopes that someone does trade up in front of them for him.
    1. OT Jake Matthews, 6'6 309 Texas A&M
    2. OLB Kyle Van Noy, 6'4 243 BYU
    3. RB Andre Williams, 5'10 233 Boston College
    4. OG Trai Turner, 6'3 310 LSU
    5. CB Ross Cockrell, 6'0 191 Duke
    7. DE Ethan Westbrooks, 6'4 267 West Texas A&M

Quote Originally Posted by thelaststraw311 View Post
    Right he's blowing smoke about Floyd because the first 9 teams in the draft are all drooling all over Flyods jockstrap?!
    The Rams, Jags, Panthers, Dolphins, even Browns could go WR, and reports are that many teams have Floyd rated higher than Blackmon. Floyd could easily go in the top 9.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFergusonFan View Post
    You know they love him.......how?
    and when in the past few years have you seen either Buddy or Chan blow smoke? They telegraph everything.

- They have said they like the WR corps they had.

- they want someone with speed opposite SJ - Floyd's 40 time is nearly the same as SJ's pro day time (4.46 vs 4.47), but what is an issue is his slow 10 yd split - 1.57 - he does not get off the line quickly and that is apparent on film. Forget the 40 time and watch film - Blackmon runs away from Stanford DBs and breaks long ones - Floyd does not burn them that often.

- they like the depth of the WR class and have said you can find the fast guys later in the draft.

I just don't see them falling in love with this guy
    Coming soon - my wish list for 2014

Gaffney is my sleeper pick

3 alcohol related arrests

no mirrors here, they just won't invest into questionable character at #10
    Trolling the Trolls

Quote Originally Posted by dddaryl View Post
    3 alcohol related arrests

no mirrors here, they just won't invest into questionable character at #10
    Yeah this is probably the case.

I've been telling people on this board about the Floyd fanatics like you. Refusing to deny that the Bills probably wont draft him, so you try to give yourself some hope.
    Adopt a Bill 2013
    Robert Woods

Quote Originally Posted by terdburglar View Post
    The Rams, Jags, Panthers, Dolphins, even Browns could go WR, and reports are that many teams have Floyd rated higher than Blackmon. Floyd could easily go in the top 9.
    Good, I hope any one of them take him.
    Makes it more likely Kalil falls to #10.

Everyone of those teams have bigger needs than WR. Rams is the only one and they might have kalil fall in their laps. No body has Floydd above Blackmon. NOBODY.
    Buddy Nix, "we have shut down corners, it's just the guys they shut down ain't no good".
    -------------------------------------------------
    Bills coach Chan Gailey made it clear after Friday's third round picks that he's not losing any sleep over what kind of reviews the Bills receive.

"You use that term experts loosely, by the way," Gailey said.

I think the Bills absolutely love Michael Floyd and have him rated higher than Blackmon. The lack of a OBD Floyd visit, Buddy talking up WR draft depth, and both Nix and Whaley deferring talking about him at the press conference is all smoke. The Bills love his size, speed, and especially his blocking, not to mention him growing up (Minnesota) and playing (ND) in cold weather climates. The Bills greatest need is LT but they don't view anyone outside of Kalil to be top 10 worthy, second need is WR. Short of Kalil being there, look for Floyd to be the pick. My opinion is that Bills are targeting Floyd, Keuchly, and Gilmore at 10, but would snap up Kalil in a heartbeat if he fell.
    I like your moves. I like your style.

OP, I think you'll be proven correct today.

I think Floyd has character questions and Nix would rather stay away from such a risk.

3 arrests is a major red flag, and anyone saying it's just Alcohol is a fool..
    Trolling the Trolls