View Poll Results: Want Vince Young in Buffalo?

Voters
1033. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

649 62.83%
  • No

384 37.17%
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Vince Young?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Im not saying that Young is the answer but he for sure is a better back up option then what we have. Thigpen is awful, he was soo bad that it forced our starter to play hurt for half the season so he didnt see the field. We do need to upgrade the position, not find a replacement for Fitz, just a solid backup. Vince would be a solid back up.
    Adopt A Bill 2014: Cyrus Kouandjio ....... "Roll Tide"

"Season Ticket Holder - The Rockpile"

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Brad2992

Quote Originally Posted by IKLT View Post
    LarryDavid is a fun guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside02 View Post
    Are you willing to gamble or would you rather have Thigpen ?
    I don't want either. I'm just sick and ******* tired of fans wanting to take anyone at QB because they hate Thigpen so much. If that's the case, maybe Nix should give Jeff George, or, Ty Detmer a call.
    The Importer/Exporter, would like to extend a deep, warm welcome to Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama, to the Buffalo Bills family.

You never open your mouth, til you know what the shot is.

Quote Originally Posted by SpielmanGilchrist View Post
    People are obsessed with QBs on this board LOL
    And Tight Ends

YA BOY Feat CIK.MONEY "Stevie Johnson"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLwx9Qj7Mho

Quote Originally Posted by LarryDavid View Post
    Im not saying that Young is the answer but he for sure is a better back up option then what we have. Thigpen is awful, he was soo bad that it forced our starter to play hurt for half the season so he didnt see the field. We do need to upgrade the position, not find a replacement for Fitz, just a solid backup. Vince would be a solid back up.
    Thank you

I'd rather have McNabb than young. at least I know he will put in the time to study and be prepared if he gets called on. Young has shown that he's not willing to put the work on to be successful. I'd rather have a guy less talented but better prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by VandelayIndustriesWNY View Post
    I don't want either. I'm just sick and ******* tired of fans wanting to take anyone at QB because they hate Thigpen so much. If that's the case, maybe Nix should give Jeff George, or, Ty Detmer a call.
    Been calling for Young for 2 years now. Its didn't start today.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff's Da Stuff View Post
    I'd rather have McNabb than young. at least I know he will put in the time to study and be prepared if he gets called on. Young has shown that he's not willing to put the work on to be successful. I'd rather have a guy less talented but better prepared.
    I prefer Young over McNabb but I can live with either

I would support the move to bring in Young as an upgrade to Thigpen. The problem is this: Young still thinks he should be a starter. Clearly, this is the attitude you want out of any QB, however Andy Reid used it as the direct reason why he didn't intend to bring Young back for another year in Philly. Either Andy is just blowing smoke and looking for a convenient excuse to get rid of a guy who caused more trouble than he's worth or there's something in Young's mental makeup - active or passive - that makes him poorly suited to being a backup.

Still, if our only other option is Thigpen, I'd say we should jump on it, but Young isn't going to sign just to sign, he's going to wait as long as he can to find a situation that gives him at least an outside shot to start THIS YEAR. I wouldn't be surprised to see him unsigned through TC or the preseason, hoping to catch on after somebody blows an ACL.
    THE BLUEPRINT

Ladies and gents, your 2013 Buffalo Bills!*

*Note: Same as your 2001-2012 Buffalo Bills

But, I thought Fitzpatrick was the perfect backup quarterback

Quote Originally Posted by The Wendigo View Post
    I would support the move to bring in Young as an upgrade to Thigpen. The problem is this: Young still thinks he should be a starter. Clearly, this is the attitude you want out of any QB, however Andy Reid used it as the direct reason why he didn't intend to bring Young back for another year in Philly. Either Andy is just blowing smoke and looking for a convenient excuse to get rid of a guy who caused more trouble than he's worth or there's something in Young's mental makeup - active or passive - that makes him poorly suited to being a backup.

Still, if our only other option is Thigpen, I'd say we should jump on it, but Young isn't going to sign just to sign, he's going to wait as long as he can to find a situation that gives him at least an outside shot to start THIS YEAR. I wouldn't be surprised to see him unsigned through TC or the preseason, hoping to catch on after somebody blows an ACL.
    I want a backup that thinks he is a starter. I don't want a quartertback that thimks he is NOT a starter. He can leave the team next off season. I am talking about this year.

Never happen because of the distraction it would cause. They tied their wagons to Fitz and Young would certainly stir a Qb controversy at some point. So they want touch it.
    What would you be doing if nothing were impossible...

Quote Originally Posted by eregitano View Post
    Never happen because of the distraction it would cause. They tied their wagons to Fitz and Young would certainly stir a Qb controversy at some point. So they want touch it.
    This is correct.

This thread can now be ended.
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut25 View Post
    note to self, never fly with jimbo if you want to have luck enough to actually get to where you're going.

Quote Originally Posted by eregitano View Post
    Who cares, I have a decent back up, you don't

I can just picture Young and Fitz talking to each other and Young keeps interrupting him asking what the words Fitz are saying meanings.
    Trent Edwards career summed up on 1 play

Against the Saints on 9-27-09

It was in the 4th quarter and we are trailing 20 to 7 with 2:26 left in the game. It was a 4th and 23 ball on our 14th yard line. The game is on the line and Trent checks down to Jackson coming out of the backfield 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage. The game is on the line and he throws a check down on 4th and 23???!!!!!!! This sums him up in one play.

Quote Originally Posted by your climax View Post
    I can just picture Young and Fitz talking to each other and Young keeps interrupting him asking what the words Fitz are saying meanings.
    Can't buy that. I think Young moves on after one season and the Bills draft a new quarterback in 2013.

Not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboismyman View Post
    This is correct.

This thread can now be ended.
    Nope, nice try though

Did we sign him yet?

This guy sounds serious.

Quote Originally Posted by 1313 View Post
    Did we sign him yet?

This guy sounds serious.
    I would love it, we now have a backup. Thigpen sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside02 View Post
    I want a backup that thinks he is a starter. I don't want a quartertback that thimks he is NOT a starter. He can leave the team next off season. I am talking about this year.
    As I said, there's nothing wrong with having a competitive attitude about the position, the problem is he's not going to commit to a team with a firmly entrenched starter. According to Young himself, he has had some offers, but declined them because he didn't see a real possibility to compete for the starting job. We can't offer him that, so he won't come here.
    THE BLUEPRINT

Ladies and gents, your 2013 Buffalo Bills!*

*Note: Same as your 2001-2012 Buffalo Bills