View Poll Results: Want Vince Young in Buffalo?

Voters
1033. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

649 62.83%
  • No

384 37.17%
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Vince Young?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside02 View Post
    Are you willing to gamble or would you rather have Thigpen ?
    How are you at 850 posts you just signed up? I have a theory if someone has a lot to say he has nothing to say. Your theory on Vince Young doesn't work. He would not be able to grasp Gailey's offense and run it. I would add 31 other teams out there are not on the Young board as well. Maybe you do not have all the facts and are the one indeed reaching here in his analysis?
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

If you're going through hell, keep going

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

Winston Churchill

Well I suppose we would have just brought in Tebow then. Wasn't going to happen, this FO will not risk causing any dissention. Leave well enough alone until next year (unless Fitz proves otherwise)

Quote Originally Posted by The Wendigo View Post
    As I said, there's nothing wrong with having a competitive attitude about the position, the problem is he's not going to commit to a team with a firmly entrenched starter. According to Young himself, he has had some offers, but declined them because he didn't see a real possibility to compete for the starting job. We can't offer him that, so he won't come here.
    Vince Young SHOULD believe he can beat out Fitzpatrick OR I don't want him in Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by lms View Post
    Well I suppose we would have just brought in Tebow then. Wasn't going to happen, this FO will not risk causing any dissention. Leave well enough alone until next year (unless Fitz proves otherwise)
    Whatever......

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorCanuck View Post
    How are you at 850 posts you just signed up? I have a theory if someone has a lot to say he has nothing to say. Your theory on Vince Young doesn't work. He would not be able to grasp Gailey's offense and run it. I would add 31 other teams out there are not on the Young board as well. Maybe you do not have all the facts and are the one indeed reaching here in his analysis?
    No I answered every thread with a thank you...... Big deal

who cares about these retread qbs? Fitz is our starter, none of these guys are going to supplant that.

Get over it and get used to it. Thigpen hasn't even taken a regular season snap yet, so I dont know what everyone is *****ing about.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg
    14 years. Our Playoff drought has entered puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWien View Post
    who cares about these retread qbs? Fitz is our starter, none of these guys are going to supplant that.

Get over it and get used to it. Thigpen hasn't even taken a regular season snap yet, so I dont know what everyone is *****ing about.
    You better think backup or the season will slip away,just ask the Colts,, they had nothing as well.

Vince Young SHOULD believe he can beat out Fitzpatrick OR I don't want him in Buffalo.
    I'll try this one more time. What Young believes is only relevant insofar as it motivates his choice of team. He may think that he can beat out Fitz, but he won't sign here because Nix/Whaley will not be shy about the fact that the starting role is NOT up for competition. no matter how good Young looks in camp, he will NOT be our starter. They will let him know that in no uncertain terms and therefore he will NOT do a deal here. He will sign with a team with an unsettled QB situation or wait for an injury to open up a spot.
    THE BLUEPRINT

Ladies and gents, your 2013 Buffalo Bills!*

*Note: Same as your 2001-2012 Buffalo Bills

You better think backup or the season will slip away,just ask the Colts,, they had nothing as well.
    LOL good one, but for the people paying attention we didn't build our team around Fitz

I'll try this one more time. What Young believes is only relevant insofar as it motivates his choice of team. He may think that he can beat out Fitz, but he won't sign here because Nix/Whaley will not be shy about the fact that the starting role is NOT up for competition. no matter how good Young looks in camp, he will NOT be our starter. They will let him know that in no uncertain terms and therefore he will NOT do a deal here. He will sign with a team with an unsettled QB situation or wait for an injury to open up a spot.
    Nice quess but we really don't know. If the Bills offered the chance to start,he would be here.

Nice quess but we really don't know. If the Bills offered the chance to start,he would be here.
    I feel like we're speaking different languages. OF COURSE he would be here if the Bills offered the chance to start. He'd go ANYWHERE that offered him a chance to start. The point is, NOBODY is offering that, most especially not the Bills.

I'm not guessing, these are words out of his mouth. Did you read the article I linked? I bet I know the answer...
    THE BLUEPRINT

I feel like we're speaking different languages. OF COURSE he would be here if the Bills offered the chance to start. He'd go ANYWHERE that offered him a chance to start. The point is, NOBODY is offering that, most especially not the Bills.

I'm not guessing, these are words out of his mouth. Did you read the article I linked?
    If Young is better he will automatically start and I am sure he knows that.

Who cares, he is a one year backup. I will take my chances.

I am tired of the same Quarterback situation and its time to correct the problem with a proven veteran. We all know it is a problem, so do something, geeezz. All I see is 5th round draft picks on this board.

I want the Bills to address the problem and you are more forgiving then I....... I fix problems NOW!!

I have come to know you guys pretty well and IF Fitzpatrick struggles you will be calling for the backup Quarterback. You won't call for the backup if Tyler Thigpen is #2. Daaaa.
    Say what you want about Vince Young but he is better then any quarterback available in free agency. Stop looking for the perfect backup , he doesn't exist OR he wouldn't be available.

The key word is BACKUP

Thigpen or Young ? Its not even close.

Don't cry later, you had your chance.
    I'd rather have thiggy over Young.

I'm just glad its Thigpen and not Fitz the OP is hating on. But as stated before, bringing a QB in that is well known among CASUAL FOOTBALL FANS, is sure to cause an unnecessary controversy among the clueless. Fitz already proved he is durable enough to play hurt and finish the season under any circumstances, broken ribs are no joke. But I think you are a Dolphins fan troll... What did you mean by "I have a decent backup QB and you dont". Snake in the grass, TROLL.

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeAndy View Post
    I'd rather have thiggy over Young.
    I will remember that Andy

I will remember that Andy
    Do it up.

The fact no one will sign Young is very telling given that he is still young.

Dude is an inconsistent headcase who isn't accurate or intelligent enough to play in this scheme, and starting to look like the NFL as well.

Thiggy looked good last time he had Gailey, and last year he had no TC. Accept the fact the kid will get one more year.

If Young is better he will automatically start and I am sure he knows that.

Who cares, he is a one year backup. I will take my chances.
    Well, this post ends the discussion for me. If you hadn't noticed, I was actually agreeing with you about Young's value to this team, but I see now that you are fully delusional about our QB situation.

Fitz is a gamer and everybody knows that. He sucks in practice. SUCKS. He couldn't beat out Trent Edwards in TC and it wasn't close. That's bad. Fitz' worth only shows itself on Sundays and Chan is well aware of that. Fitz is our starter. Even if Fitz does nothing but throw INTs all day every day in TC, he will still trot out there to take the first snap of every game that he is healthy for this year. No performance by ANY other QB in TC or the preseason will change that. These are facts. Facts I thought EVERY Bills fan was aware of by now. Evidently, I was wrong.

Goodnight, sir. Enjoy your pointless thread and your fantasy world.
    THE BLUEPRINT

Do it up.

Dude is an inconsistent headcase who isn't accurate or intelligent enough to play in this scheme, and starting to look like the NFL as well.

Thiggy looked good last time he had Gailey, and last year he had no TC. Accept the fact the kid will get one more year.

Glad someone else besides myself stated that Young is a head case. Once a head case always a head case. You cannot simply change your mental instability. . One year of being "mentally stable" does NOT mean you aren't a head case. Give it time and Young will be back to his usual self.

Overall, I agree with your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut25 View Post
    note to self, never fly with jimbo if you want to have luck enough to actually get to where you're going.

Do it up.

I think opinions like this on Young are way off. The kid has NFL talent and his rep as a headcase is WAY overblown. The problem is he wants to walk into a starting job and nobody with options is going to let him do that. If he were to set his sights lower, he'd be signed already. If there is a season-ending injury to a QB on a team with playoff hopes (especially one without a legit backup), you'd better believe that Young is going to be at or near the top of the shortlist of names to replace the fallen starter. Young knows this and that's what he's banking on.
    THE BLUEPRINT

Well, this post ends the discussion for me. If you hadn't noticed, I was actually agreeing with you about Young's value to this team, but I see now that you are fully delusional about our QB situation.

Fitz is a gamer and everybody knows that. He sucks in practice. SUCKS. He couldn't beat out Trent Edwards in TC and it wasn't close. That's bad. Fitz' worth only shows itself on Sundays and Chan is well aware of that. Fitz is our starter. Even if Fitz does nothing but throw INTs all day every day in TC, he will still trot out there to take the first snap of every game that he is healthy for this year. No performance by ANY other QB in TC or the preseason will change that. These are facts. Facts I thought EVERY Bills fan was aware of by now. Evidently, I was wrong.

Goodnight, sir. Enjoy your pointless thread and your fantasy world.
    We don't agree , I can live with that. The best Quarterback starts. Bottom line. I have no fear because I don't believe the Bills are completely committed to Fitz. They may say so but I don't believe it.
    Sure the Bills signed him to a new deal but he is always tradable just like Bledsoe.