Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cant find anything on Tanney

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Here is the Link that I posted earlier.

GALESBURG —

Some opportunities are better than others.

That’s why ex-Monmouth College quarterback Alex Tanney will report to the Buffalo Bills’ rookie mini-camp next week instead of accepting a tryout invitation from the Pittsburgh Steelers. Tanney received the Steelers’ offer, which did not include a contract, shortly after the NFL draft ended last weekend and he was not selected.

“I’ve been in contact with the Bills’ quarterback coach David Lee all along,” said Tanney. “The Bills were one of the first teams to contact me after the draft.

“After talking to my agent, we thought this would be a better opportunity for me to earn a roster spot.”

Tanney is represented by Brian Levy of Goal Line Football Management in Miami.

Tanney said he made the decision Monday night and informed the Steelers on Tuesday.

“They were OK with it,” said Tanney. “My agent also represents (Steelers coach) Mike Tomlin, so they have a good relationship.”

He added, “After talking with my agent and putting quite a lot of thought into it, I think it’s the best decision.”

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the Bills’ starting quarterback, but the team also lists Brad Smith and Tyler Thigpen on the roster. The Bills signed undrafted rookie Aaron Corp from the University of Richmond following last weekend’s draft.

Bills general manager Buddy Nix was questioned on why he did not draft a quarterback last weekend and said he would try to obtain a quality backup to Fitzpatrick through free agency.

Buffalo has announced that veteran quarterback Vince Young, who played for the Philadelphia Eagles last season, would work out for the team today.

The Bills are coached by Chan Galley, but as quarterbacks coach, Lee has an interesting background. While a member of the Dallas Cowboys staff, he helped develop a 2003 undrafted free agent, Tony Romo, into a pro bowl quarterback in 2006.

The Bills are no strangers to DIII players. In the mid-1990s, then-GM Marv Levy gave a Carey Bender — a star runningback from his alma mater Coe College — a shot, which found him on the roster during the regular season. Another Coe College star, runningback Fred Jackson, was invited to 2006 camp after playing indoor football and has played five seasons with the Bills.

Tanney compiled an impressive NCAA Division III resume, finishing his career as the NCAA’s all-time touchdown passing leader with more than 14,000 yards and 157 touchdown passes. The 6-3, 223-pounder won the Melberger Award as the national’s top DIII quarterback in 2009 and was a two-time Gagliardi Trophy finalist. He as named an All-American by The Associated Press and the American Football Coaches Association following his senior season.
    Adopt a Bill T.J Graham

1a (16 From Rams): Keenan Allen WR, Cal/Cordarrelle Patterson WR, Tenn
    1b (22 From Rams): Ryan Nassib QB, Cuse/EJ Manuel QB, Florida State
    2 (41 Traded to the Rams)
    3a (71): Kiko Alonso ILB, Oregon
    3b (78 From Rams): Tyrann Mathieu CB, LSU (Risk/Reward scenario here. Might be a little to high for him, but we all know he can play)
    4 (105): Shamarko Thomas S, Cuse
    5 (143): Hugh Thornton OG, Illinois

Actually Das_Bills you proved shaunta right not sniper. But either way I'm all for bringing in rookie QBs to see what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindMind13 View Post
    Actually Das_Bills you proved shaunta right not sniper. But either way I'm all for bringing in rookie QBs to see what they can do.
    I removed it........crap you caught me lol
    Adopt a Bill T.J Graham

1a (16 From Rams): Keenan Allen WR, Cal/Cordarrelle Patterson WR, Tenn
    1b (22 From Rams): Ryan Nassib QB, Cuse/EJ Manuel QB, Florida State
    2 (41 Traded to the Rams)
    3a (71): Kiko Alonso ILB, Oregon
    3b (78 From Rams): Tyrann Mathieu CB, LSU (Risk/Reward scenario here. Might be a little to high for him, but we all know he can play)
    4 (105): Shamarko Thomas S, Cuse
    5 (143): Hugh Thornton OG, Illinois

Awesome. If we sign Young though, that doesn't bode well for him.

Can he even beat out Aaron Corp?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    No,

Your not understanding. The link shows up gibberish as the other poster mentioned.
    It works in both Firefox & IE8 browsers...

You might want to get a new computer...

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Awesome. If we sign Young though, that doesn't bode well for him.

Can he even beat out Aaron Corp?
    He's in for a rookie mini-camp, he's not even guaranteed to come to camp at Fisher...

http://m.galesburg.com/regmail/pm_29...tguid=eoSsxIzy

He's in Buffalo. And he's quite an athlete. Good stuff by Nix. If anything atleast w Nix and his scouts nothing falls through the cracks. I've been hearing of more talent and athletes ever than I have w any other front office group. Looking at San Diego Nix did the same.
    2013 the beginning of a new ERA - Go Bills!!!
    http://www.wantickets.com/Events/Sho...v1yUI.facebook - let me know if u want to support angelwish.org

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl...billspics.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PlWZDZboQw-The Dream
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWp-flMnLMQ-This Buds4u!

Visit : www.iexplore.acndirect.com for essential daily services as seen on the "Apprentice Tv Show w Donald Trump"