Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 Top Rushing Duo's in the NFL

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by FlaFitz View Post
    Miami as an example?

Didn't Foster miss three games where Tate averaged 22 carries as opposed to the 8 carries he averaged in the other 13 games?

Green Bay's 1137 yards and 3 TDs combined is hardly something to write home about.

Isn't that 5 out of 32 teams? Guess you could write the same thing for 26 coaches other than Gailey.

How many of those 5 above - of which i would throw out threee - had the injuries the Bills had and were forced to line up their back-up at WR?

Not to mention isn't not like Jackson was running the ball 30 times a game. His 17 attempts per game was 12th in the league. Basically on par with most starters.

MJD - 21.4
    Foster - 21.4
    Lynch - 19
    Turner - 18.8
    Benson - 18.2
    McCoy - 18.2
    Rice - 18.2
    Gore - 17.6
    Wells - 17.5
    S Jackson - 17.3
    Peterson - 17.3
    F Jackson - 17
    Forte - 16.9
    Hightower - 16.8
    McGahee - 16.6
    Johnson - 16.4

17 carries isn't bad. I certianlly wouldn't want to reduce it much. Why would you take the ball out of the hands of a guy playing like the MVP?

Seriously on that - he was getting all sorts of MVP talk, and at the top of the league in a number of categories with guys who had more touches and you want to give him the ball even less?

Do you really think that the Falcons should suddenly stop giving the ball to Turner simply because he turned 30?

You must put the ball in the hands of your most productive players to get the most production. Jackson is the most productive back they have and one of the most in the league. You give him the ball. Should Spiller get more touches? Yeah but not at the expense of Jackson's.
    Congrats! You gave the only logical and thought out response in this thread (including mine, lol)
    2013 Adopt a Bill - Kyle Williams

2012 Adopt a Bill - Chris Kelsay

"Good preparation precedes a good performance, let's keep doing it." - George Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post
    Year after year Gailey has said the same thing about Spiller and Jackson: "Both are great players and they both need to be getting carries."
    Absolutely agree.

Chan gets billed as an offensive genius on this board, but in two years hasn't figured out how to give the 9th pick in 2010 draft more than 3 carries a game.

Throw in Brad Smith having no role on the team last year and he has been pathetic in player management.

It was also a poor job on Buddy Nix's part to not have a real #2 WR in place so that we could stop pretending CJ Spiller is a WR.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaFitz View Post
    Miami as an example?

Didn't Foster miss three games where Tate averaged 22 carries as opposed to the 8 carries he averaged in the other 13 games?

Green Bay's 1137 yards and 3 TDs combined is hardly something to write home about.

Isn't that 5 out of 32 teams? Guess you could write the same thing for 26 coaches other than Gailey.

How many of those 5 above - of which i would throw out threee - had the injuries the Bills had and were forced to line up their back-up at WR?

Not to mention isn't not like Jackson was running the ball 30 times a game. His 17 attempts per game was 12th in the league. Basically on par with most starters.

MJD - 21.4
    Foster - 21.4
    Lynch - 19
    Turner - 18.8
    Benson - 18.2
    McCoy - 18.2
    Rice - 18.2
    Gore - 17.6
    Wells - 17.5
    S Jackson - 17.3
    Peterson - 17.3
    F Jackson - 17
    Forte - 16.9
    Hightower - 16.8
    McGahee - 16.6
    Johnson - 16.4

17 carries isn't bad. I certianlly wouldn't want to reduce it much. Why would you take the ball out of the hands of a guy playing like the MVP?

Seriously on that - he was getting all sorts of MVP talk, and at the top of the league in a number of categories with guys who had more touches and you want to give him the ball even less?

Do you really think that the Falcons should suddenly stop giving the ball to Turner simply because he turned 30?

You must put the ball in the hands of your most productive players to get the most production. Jackson is the most productive back they have and one of the most in the league. You give him the ball. Should Spiller get more touches? Yeah but not at the expense of Jackson's.
    The point of the thread is that Spiller should get more touches, period. He was on pace to get about 40 carries last year until Jackson got hurt and Gailey was forced to play Spiller. Thats completely unacceptable.

I don't want touches taken away from Jackson, I want pass attempts taken away from Fitzpatrick. If Fred averages 17 carries a game next year and Spiller is averaging atleast 12, I will be thrilled. This team is not making the playoffs on the arm of Ryan Fitzpatrick. It's just not going to happen.
    1. OT Jake Matthews, 6'6 309 Texas A&M
    2. OLB Kyle Van Noy, 6'4 243 BYU
    3. RB Andre Williams, 5'10 233 Boston College
    4. OG Trai Turner, 6'3 310 LSU
    5. CB Ross Cockrell, 6'0 191 Duke
    7. DE Ethan Westbrooks, 6'4 267 West Texas A&M