Thread: Does anyone doubt our coaching staff?

Default Does anyone doubt our coaching staff?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I think we have the best front office since the Polian days and just like they said they have put together a pretty good player staff within the 3 years they talked about.

Nows the time to win. Look at all contracts, we need to win now or Ralph can forget about seeing another winning Bills team. We are set to win RIGHT NOW. Or atleast in the front offices eyes in my honest opinion.

I have no current beef with Gailey and co but I just hope the coaching staff isnt being overlooked in certain areas just to set us back again due to a coaching overhaul.

One thing I like is the Wannsted move and firing of Edwards so that was a step in the right direction, just seems like there still a few grey areas.

This is sort of a random rant, hope you can make out what im saying.

Nope, when you start to doubt the coaching staff then you lose faith in the team, the organization starts to crumble from within and we are left with the last 12 years all over again.

I don't have much faith in Gailey to be honest.

I think the NFL passed him by 10 years ago and I just don't think he has what it takes to get this team to the playoffs. He is a horrible talent evaluator, his play calling is extremely inconsistent and his love affair with our mediocre quarterback will probabaly cost him his job.

Wannstedt I love, Gailey not so much.
    1. OT Jake Matthews, 6'6 309 Texas A&M
    2. OLB Kyle Van Noy, 6'4 243 BYU
    3. RB Andre Williams, 5'10 233 Boston College
    4. OG Trai Turner, 6'3 310 LSU
    5. CB Ross Cockrell, 6'0 191 Duke
    7. DE Ethan Westbrooks, 6'4 267 West Texas A&M

Sure, I still doubt Chan as an HC a bit, and though I expect Wanny to be a big upgrade I still want to SEE it first.

At the same time, it's hard to worry about it when I still feel better about our coaching than I have in practically a decade. Accentuate the positive I guess.

I wasn't totally thrilled with Gailey's playcalling last season. It seems like we didn't play to our strengths. Having Fitz throw the ball 40 times a game is not the recipe for success. I'm not as thrilled as most people are about the fact that our new QB coach is a wildcat guru. Having Edwards was a 2 year joke, so it seems like anyone would be an improvement. Assuming the NFL hasn't passed him by, Wannstedt's unit could have a great season.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post
    I don't have much faith in Gailey to be honest.

I think the NFL passed him by 10 years ago and I just don't think he has what it takes to get this team to the playoffs. He is a horrible talent evaluator, his play calling is extremely inconsistent and his love affair with our mediocre quarterback will probabaly cost him his job.

Wannstedt I love, Gailey not so much.
    What exactly has Wannstedt proven in the NFL versus Gailey?

Im hoping Wanny will one day have the opportunity to move up and take Chans spot.
    Chans a garbage play-caller and he cant make sideline adjustments.

I have no faith in Chan and the sooner he gets run out of town the same way as the Captain, the better.
    Can you dig it?

Until they get to the playoffs, I have my concerns about them.

In Wanny no, I think our defense will surprise even those of you who are optimistic about the Mario Williams signing. Every player on the field will be better because of his vision and tutelage.

in Gailey yes.. I have my doubts

but not as an HC, I've liked what he's done getting these guys ready, trained, and developed, especially when it comes to Fitz and the Oline. However, I do have issues with his playcalling at times. Even if we are up on the scoreboard, or only down by one score, he often has a brutal tendency to run away from the run even when it's working beautifully. This was more evident earlier on in the previous season before the injuries started taking their toll and the defense started limping along forcing us to play catchup too often later in the season, in which is not really fair to blame on him. Also like others have said, hopefully Smith gets a full body of training within Gailey's system this offseason, because the wildcat packages last year were just brutal and too easily predictable to watch. I literally cringed everytime I saw Smith run onto the field in place of Fitz, only to gain one to two yards at best and often stuffed on the norm without many legit threats that he could pass the ball if needed to keep the defense honest, which is something that is needed if you really want the wildcat to work effectively. Last year it was nothing more than a gimmick and it did not alter the course of any games, hopefully this year it is different.
    Goonies Never Say Die
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Cordy "The Tank" Glenn

2013 BBMB NFL Season Pickem

Quote Originally Posted by DCBillsfan View Post
    What exactly has Wannstedt proven in the NFL versus Gailey?
    He has a great rapport with our current players, he comes groomed from a great lineage of coaches through Jimmy Johnson having coached in the south (earlier in his career), oh and a superbowl ring as DC of the teams that beat us in the early 90's.

As a HC, you're correct he hasn't proven anything.. but as a DC he is much better at that job than even Gailey is or was as an OC.
    Goonies Never Say Die
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Cordy "The Tank" Glenn

2013 BBMB NFL Season Pickem

I doubt everyone on this team until the wins start stacking up.

I will have doubt until they prove something by getting to the post season and winning in the post season.

But for now I trust them enough to be optomistic. They no longer have excuses. They have spent big money on big time players, and added depth. They have the 3rd easiest schedule in the NFL this year, they are out of excuses.

What have they done on the field, until there is play-off wins I doubt the the coaching.
    Bills fan since 1964
    Bills fan forever!!

Quote Originally Posted by MoormanRules8 View Post
    I will have doubt until they prove something by getting to the post season and winning in the post season.
    For me, they can just make the postseason and I'll be on board. Winning a playoff game or two or three or four () would be nice, but just get back there. Get a winning record. Prove that the team is improving. Take the two steps forward without taking two more right back and ending up at the same exact spot AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut25 View Post
    I doubt everyone on this team until the wins start stacking up.
    Amen brother. Sucks being beat down year after year. Itís amazing what OBD can do when a huge drop in ticket sales is in their face. Just need to keep the axe tickling the back of their necks till the job is complete.

Seeing will be believing if he utilizes both Fred and CJ to his best advantage.

Wannstedt, when he coached the Dolphins was in the neighbourhood of 45% pass to 55% run heavy offense. These two will discuss game plans, etc., as equals behind closed doors. Chan has someone who is a friend with experience he can draw from in Wannstedt. I get Wannstedt is defense, but he oversaw the team and coaches.
    Fortune favors the Bold

an overachieving offense, like the Bills, reflects well on Gailey. I'd like to see what he could do with some real talent. As for defense we'll see, but I'm hopeful that the moves made in the off season -playing to DW's strenths -bodes well.

Quote Originally Posted by dogg View Post
    I think we have the best front office since the Polian days and just like they said they have put together a pretty good player staff within the 3 years they talked about.

Nows the time to win. Look at all contracts, we need to win now or Ralph can forget about seeing another winning Bills team. We are set to win RIGHT NOW. Or atleast in the front offices eyes in my honest opinion.

I have no current beef with Gailey and co but I just hope the coaching staff isnt being overlooked in certain areas just to set us back again due to a coaching overhaul.

One thing I like is the Wannsted move and firing of Edwards so that was a step in the right direction, just seems like there still a few grey areas.

This is sort of a random rant, hope you can make out what im saying.

I have a lot of faith in Gailey and his staff (Daryl Johnson said on the radio the other day he's amazed at what's happening with the Bills, that Gailey is a great coach, over looked for too long, that if he had stayed in Dallas they would have never fallen off and competed in the post season each year instead of missing the next 3).

So my question is you mentioned grey areas. What would those be?

I'm happy with everyone now that Wanny is on board.
    "Good teams put it in the end zone. Teams like us kick field goals.'' - TJ Houshmandzadeh

"Potential means you ain't done $&%# yet" - Bill Parcells

There's a difference between winning a single game and establishing a winning organization. - indybillsfan

2013 Draft
    1st) Keenan Allen WR - Cal
    2nd) EJ Manuel QB - FSU
    3rd) Chase Thomas OLB - Stanford
    4th) Darius Slay CB - Miss St
    5th) Matt Scott QB - Arizona
    6th) Jake Stoneburner TE - Ohio St

With the draft just a day away I like what I put up but I'm switching Allen to the 2nd and moving Manuel to the 1st

'14 FAs --> Zach Strief RT, Matt Flynn QB, Darryl Shaprton ILB, Trumaine McBride CB, John Carlson TE