Thread: Van Miller

Default Van Miller

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

As we all know, Van Miller was the voice of the Buffalo Bills. All of the flashbacks and highlights of the 80's and 90's are best seen and heard when you can hear Van Miller calling the game. Many of us have the fondest of memories while listening to him call the game, and to me, hearing his voice reminds me of the "Glory Years." Really, who doesn't get chills hearing Van Miller get excited?

Buffalo has been blessed to have people like Rick Jeanerette and Van Miller be the voice of our sports teams. But unlike Rick Jeanerette, the voice of the Buffalo Sabres, when you google search or youtube Buffalo Bills or Van Miller, you can't really find any highlight films or tributes. I'm thinking of making a montage of the best highlights and moments of Van Miller. We should have a topic where we post videos or even audio of any Van Miller calls or highlights of any Buffalo Bills games/videos including him. Good idea?

great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i miss uncle van behind the mic.

unfortunately, there's really no character left with most play-by-play guys.

It's pandemonium

I also loved that many times on the radio call he could guess the play right before it was even snapped to Kelly. Run to Thomas, pass to Reed... not like guessing who was getting the ball was tough...
    Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. - Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Moradian View Post
    As we all know, Van Miller was the voice of the Buffalo Bills. All of the flashbacks and highlights of the 80's and 90's are best seen and heard when you can hear Van Miller calling the game. Many of us have the fondest of memories while listening to him call the game, and to me, hearing his voice reminds me of the "Glory Years." Really, who doesn't get chills hearing Van Miller get excited?

Buffalo has been blessed to have people like Rick Jeanerette and Van Miller be the voice of our sports teams. But unlike Rick Jeanerette, the voice of the Buffalo Sabres, when you google search or youtube Buffalo Bills or Van Miller, you can't really find any highlight films or tributes. I'm thinking of making a montage of the best highlights and moments of Van Miller. We should have a topic where we post videos or even audio of any Van Miller calls or highlights of any Buffalo Bills games/videos including him. Good idea?
    Great Idea!!!!! Grew up listening to his voice and the TV muted. Would love to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by jIM_Ohio View Post
    It's pandemonium

I also loved that many times on the radio call he could guess the play right before it was even snapped to Kelly. Run to Thomas, pass to Reed... not like guessing who was getting the ball was tough...

I miss Van getting excited and rushing the "no huddle" offense. If Van was our OC, the "no huddle" would have been 5 to 7 seconds faster.

It was like he was rooting Kelly on, like "Come on Jimbo, let's go, what's gonna be next?"

When you find some of the old audio...see how many times he says something like, "Kelly...(long pause) from the shotgun."
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

Tony, you bring back good memories with this Van Miller stuff. What were you about 10 years old at the time ?? How about Stan Barran, the voice of the Bisons, who always closed his shows by saying, "this is Stan Barran, so long and be a good sport".

Default van miller call

we were playing seattle he came out of a commercial break and said the super sonics were coming to the line

I listened to many many games. Van was the man! I would sometimes turn the volume down on the tv and listen to the radio call instead. Van Miller vs Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen or worse...Marv Elbert, no contest!