Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zebrie Sanders

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by hemma View Post
    Decided to bump this one & take a break from Fitz/Smith/Barkley threads.

Time is winding down on Levitre and I think the odds of him coming back are < 50%. Pretty sure he'll be 7 ... 7.5 mill and not sure the Bills will want to tie up that much with big needs at QB/WR/LB and some would say Safety & CB.

Now Coaching staff so it's tough to guess what may happen, but I think Sanders will be in the mix, somewhere.
    May even see Glenn moved inside to LG, Pears at RT and Hairston at LT and Sanders as the swing.

Anyway, something different to discuss/argue about.
    I really, really hope the Bills re-sign Levitre. It takes a lot to replace a guy. Plus Levitre has played like a champ and doesn't even take coffee breaks.

If we lose him and have to burn a pick on an OT and move Cordy Glenn inside, that hurts us. We need the picks for other things.
    2014 Mock Draft

Trade down

After trading back --> LB Ryan Shazier
    2a)TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins __ 2b) WR Donte Montcrief
    3) CB Bashaud Breeland - Clemson
    4) RB Lache Seastrunk - Baylor
    5) DE Taylor Hart - Oregon
    6) * WR Mike Williams *
    7) S Jestin Love, Central Arkansas

Keep drafting QBs. Fill the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by WhenTheFitzHitsTheChan View Post
    I don't think he has the nastiness to be a guard. I've watched him his whole career and haven't seen it. Hell, I didn't even think he was that great of a tackle to be honest.
    I'm NOT sure that you know what you are talking about. Guard is a less demanding position than OT, and many times NOT so great OTs can be successful at OG.

Personally, I'd value skill and talent over "nastiness" at any position.
    Should have kept Marshawn ... and Andy ... Jairus ...

Buffalo Bills, 2000-????: same trailer, different park.
    1999 ... 11-5, playoff loss
    2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10
    2010 ... 4-12
    2011 ...
    6-10
    2012 ... 6-10
    2013 ... 6-10

Quote Originally Posted by intimidatortj View Post
    I really, really hope the Bills re-sign Levitre. It takes a lot to replace a guy. Plus Levitre has played like a champ and doesn't even take coffee breaks.

If we lose him and have to burn a pick on an OT and move Cordy Glenn inside, that hurts us. We need the picks for other things.
    Why do so many Bills fans love to play musical OLers? If you need a guard, you sign/draft a guard. You don't move your C or LT over to play guard rather than acquire a guy to play guard!

Levitre is an OG. Glenn is the Bills starting LT. Since it's easier to replace an OG than an OT, it's much more likely that if they don't sign Levitre that they will look for another OG in FA or the draft than draft an OT and move Glenn.
    Should have kept Marshawn ... and Andy ... Jairus ...

Buffalo Bills, 2000-????: same trailer, different park.
    1999 ... 11-5, playoff loss
    2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10
    2010 ... 4-12
    2011 ...
    6-10
    2012 ... 6-10
    2013 ... 6-10

Last year towards the end of camp they moved him to guard and Nix himself has said that it's a lot easier to move them from tackle to guard than guard to tackle so I would not be surprised to see him battling for starting guard spot if Levitre isn't re-signed. Rhinehart is decent but he's nothing great.

Good bump, I forgot that guy exists..

Quote Originally Posted by LINDA_D View Post
    I'm NOT sure that you know what you are talking about. Guard is a less demanding position than OT, and many times NOT so great OTs can be successful at OG.

Personally, I'd value skill and talent over "nastiness" at any position.
    Huh? I don't think he's a good player in general no matter where he's lined up. I'm so sorry you disagree and have to use bolded words and quote me from August because you feel so strongly about a 3rd stringer. I watched him his whole career, so your words mean nothing to me. You and your condescension can get lost.
    3 years ago

"What matters is two years and three years down the road, if we have this thing turned around in the right direction and we're winning," Nix said. "I know before I'm asked this, you're going to think I'm crazy, but we're not that far away."

“Russ and I scanned a list of possible candidates,” Wilson said. “We didn’t know them. I didn’t know them. I don’t think Russ did. We narrowed it down to two candidates for the job of general manager of football, two in-house candidates.”

Huh? I don't think he's a good player in general no matter where he's lined up. I'm so sorry you disagree and have to use bolded words and quote me from August because you feel so strongly about a 3rd stringer. I watched him his whole career, so your words mean nothing to me. You and your condescension can get lost.
    Not sure, but I think the two of you are talking about different guys.

Both of you may be right. Hard to say ...

Not sure, but I think the two of you are talking about different guys.

Both of you may be right. Hard to say ...
    All I know is that I'm talking about Sanders, and I don't see him as a guard. His strengths are his athleticism, quickness, and long arms. He lacks strength and a strong base and will get pushed around in the inside.
    3 years ago

"What matters is two years and three years down the road, if we have this thing turned around in the right direction and we're winning," Nix said. "I know before I'm asked this, you're going to think I'm crazy, but we're not that far away."

“Russ and I scanned a list of possible candidates,” Wilson said. “We didn’t know them. I didn’t know them. I don’t think Russ did. We narrowed it down to two candidates for the job of general manager of football, two in-house candidates.”

All I know is that I'm talking about Sanders, and I don't see him as a guard. His strengths are his athleticism, quickness, and long arms. He lacks strength and a strong base and will get pushed around in the inside.
    I think she may have been talking about Glenn.

Who knows. She thought Driskel was Aaron Murray so...

Trent Dilfer says Tebow is a completely different QB. And he has a ring.

Do Work Zebrie Sanders!

Get it Done OBD!

He got nicked while he was shaving one day. The league doesn't say how serious the injury has to be in order to be placed on IR. Sanders needed time in a good strength and conditioning program. The Bills are going to have great depth at tackle next season. If Levitre bolts the team for a big money contract the interior of the line will be a bit more of a queston mark, but the cupboard wont be bare though. If Levittre leaves, I don't think the Bills will have too much difficulty re-signing Rinehart. He's not nearly as athletic as Levitre, but he's capable of starting. There is also some depth at guard. I think the Bills like Keith Williams. He's huge, but he's not going to move like Levitre can. They also have some other young players, some of whom have played in some regular season games with the Bills. I think the biggest thing the Bills give up is a little of their pass protection. Levitre excels at that, and no one else behind him is even close. On the other hand, Cordy Glenn will have a whole year under his belt and won't need any help on the outside, so the task of the left guard will probably be easier than it was last season.
    My adopt-a-Bill is Marcel Dareus.

That's her problem haha. The thread is titled Zebrie Sanders, and she quoted me from August.
    3 years ago

A few novels short of a full bookcase....

I don't think there is much of a doubt that the reason he was placed on IR was because he has raw talent but his conditioning and strength wasn't NFL ready. They probably sat down with him and explained to him that they know he has talent but sitting out and getting in shape would benefit him and the team. They likely told him to work hard on his conditioning and get in shape and he will have a roster spot in 2013. That gave him the oportunity to work hard during the season to get his body NFL ready for 2013. Let's face it, it takes more than a few weeks in the weight room to build up strength that can be carried throughout the long NFL season. If he comes to camp in good shape, he will be on the roster, if he comes to camp out of shape and over weight, he will likely be cut or put on the practice squad if he clears waivers. I think OBD definitely like his skill set and think if he works hard in the weight room, he can contribute and possibly become an above average tackle.
    MD-2014

RD 1) Jake Matthews OT TEXAS A&M
    RD 2) Troy Niklas TE NOTRE DAME
    RD 3) Terrance West RB TOWSON
    RD 4) Christian Kirksey OLB IOWA
    RD 5) Walt Aikens CB LIBERTY
    RD 6) TRADED
    RD 7) Quincy Enunwa WR NEBRASKA

THANK YOU RALPH WILSON JR - RIP

Quote Originally Posted by intimidatortj View Post

While I agree it would be nice to retain Levitre, I don't agree about what the Bills would or wouldn't have to do should Levitre sign elsewhere. Buffalo has another free agent guard they can probably re-sign for a lot less in Chad Rinehart. I know Levitre is better, and I'd rather have him all things being equal, but if signing Levitre turns out to be impossible, Rinehart is good enough to start. While he won't be as good as Levitre, at least in pass blocking, Cordy Glenn should be improved with a year under his belt. It may just balance out since left tackle is the guy who has to handle the other team's most dangerous pass rusher anyway. Buffalo also has some other interior linemen in reserve who have at least some regular season playing time. Buffalo could draft a lineman, but since guards are much easier to find in the draft than left offensive tackles, they could probably draft one in the middle rounds who could come in and compete for a starting spot. They could even stand pat and plan on Rineharts starting and continuing to groom Keith Williams, whom they like, Colin Brown and some others. They would probably be OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV448r5f2qI
    Zebrie Sanders? This is all I have to say.

That video is pretty funny. He'll probably never live that down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
    Do Work Zebrie Sanders!

Get it Done OBD!
    Do Work Everybody! Nice Job Doc.
    May The Schwartz Be With You.

Adopt-a-Bill 2013-14 Nickell Robey "The Diminutive DB"

FOrgot Zebrie was even on the team

Decided to bump this one & take a break from Fitz/Smith/Barkley threads.

Time is winding down on Levitre and I think the odds of him coming back are < 50%. Pretty sure he'll be 7 ... 7.5 mill and not sure the Bills will want to tie up that much with big needs at QB/WR/LB and some would say Safety & CB.

Now Coaching staff so it's tough to guess what may happen, but I think Sanders will be in the mix, somewhere.
    May even see Glenn moved inside to LG, Pears at RT and Hairston at LT and Sanders as the swing.

Anyway, something different to discuss/argue about.

I don't see him (Levitre) getting $7 mill.

$7.2 mill is what the 6th best paid guard in the league (Ben Grubbs) gets. The 7th best paid (Yanda) gets $6.5. Levitre has never been in a pro bowl. I'd guess somewhere around $6.5 will stand a very good chance of getting him.

http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/nfl/average/guard/

Only the top eight get above $6 mill.
    Last edited by Thurman#1; 02-02-2013 at 06:14 AM.