Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Did the NFL screw us with our schedule?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by grovelandbillsfan View Post
    We always get NE after their bye. It's tradition
    Can anyone find a stat to back this?

Not going to bother, but I'd bet we have at least 4 out of 7 years

Quote Originally Posted by manitobabillsfan View Post
    Can anyone find a stat to back this?
    Hes wrong. We haven't played them after their bye since 2007.
    Goonies Never Say Die
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Cordy "The Tank" Glenn
    2014 Adopt-a-Bill: Stephon "Stickybomb" Gilmore

2013 BBMB NFL Season Pickem

04,05,06,07 we did

Quote Originally Posted by grovelandbillsfan View Post
    04,05,06,07 we did
    Boy.... that's pretty interesting. That's 5 times in less than a decade we've played the undisputed best team in the division and widely considered best team in the AFC coming off their bye. Top that off with the 4-game stretch we're in the middle of right now and even though I'm no conspiracy theorist, there might be something to it.

On top of this, can anyone find how many times in history 2 teams have played each other with both teams coming off the same bye?

And I'd still love it if someone could find out about stretches like this in history.

You have every right to call me a homer or crazy or whatever if you can find any of this info.

Yea i don't understand why they force the Bills to play NFL teams every year. At least give them a few college teams to play a year...

Quote Originally Posted by GMBNix View Post
    Yea i don't understand why they force the Bills to play NFL teams every year. At least give them a few college teams to play a year...
    You're pretty funny... look up those stats by any chance?

Maybe the NFL just loves us so much that they want us to get a high enough draft pick to get a franchise QB...?

Guess what folks, during this horrific 4-game stretch in our schedule we went 1-3. We lost 2 heartbreakers that we could have and maybe should have won with the way we were playing and 1 game against possibly the best team in the NFL who we played much closer than expected.

Give us any single one of those wins and we still hold hope for playoffs. Give us 2 and we're right in the thick of the hunt. This team actually looks like a much-improved team from the one we saw over that 2-week span of the 1st Pats game and the 49ers. I think with our schedule to end the season we'll end 7-9. Two more games would have made us 9-7.

PS: Before you call me a homer, remember you have no credibility calling me one unless you can find other teams that have gone through a similar 4-game stretch in their schedule... but I'm sure you just won't bother and you'll call me one anyway.

Nah, look at some other teams schedules.

NE going to Europe in the middle of the season
    Hell, look at the Bears crazy schedule: 2 Sunday night games, 3 Monday night games, 1 Thursday game

Quote Originally Posted by The Hippest Kat View Post
    Nah, look at some other teams schedules.

NE going to Europe in the middle of the season
    Hell, look at the Bears crazy schedule: 2 Sunday night games, 3 Monday night games, 1 Thursday game
    this is not the point.

The Rams also had to travel to Europe to play the Pats..it was not an advantage at all...same with the Bears..those other teams played those night games as well...

the point was that the Bills were scheduled to play teams who had EXTRA time off before the game with the Bills(although the Bills had a bye before Houston, negating that advantage).

it shouldnt matter if we play the hardest teams in the NFL..to win the super bowl u are going to have to play the best teams..we will not be making the playoffs this year and the 10000000th rebuild phase will start next year..

Quote Originally Posted by transplantbillsfan View Post
    I got unjustly flamed for posting something yesterday that had a similar title to one other thread. I'll preface this by saying sorry if this has been posted in the last couple days (I think it was discussed when the schedule came out, but it's gaining relevance over the next 2 weeks), but I did go through the first 3 pages AGAIN and didn't see this issue in any of the titles.

Our next 2 games are against opponents who will have an extra 3 days of practice and prep time. Both Arizona and the Titans are coming of Thursday night games. When we play the Titans, not only will they be coming off a Thursday night game, but the Bills will be coming off a physically and emotionally grueling road trip on the west coast... even playing in the late afternoon game against Arizona. Anyone who's flown from the west to east knows that the jetlag REALLY plays a factor and it takes a couple days to adjust.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people are going to say we should win the Titans game and that shouldn't be an issue... but let's get real. These people are human and human bodies have to adjust physically to different time zones. Add in the extra 3 days prep the Titans get, I'd almost put us as the underdog next week... no matter what we do against Arizona and how poorly the Titans play tonight.

I haven't even looked ahead in the schedule yet, but I seem to remember something about the Pats getting more prep for the 2nd New England game... but I stand corrected if I'm wrong. I would be very interested to see stats put together for every single NFL team compiling the total number of days prep, plus or minus, each team gets compared to their opponent. Our next two opponents are already up by 6 days on us. What do you guys think?

They screwed the Bills by making them play NFL teams. They should have moved the Bills into a semi pro league or maybe some kind of minor league football system.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post

They screwed the Bills by making them play NFL teams. They should have moved the Bills into a semi pro league or maybe some kind of minor league football system.
    Those jokes really aren't funny or applicable because the Bills aren't the worst team in the league, nor have they been in a very long time. Not only should you try something more original, but more relevant as well.

Very original... gee... pretty sure I've seen this exact sarcastic, supposedly clever remark already in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Those jokes really aren't funny or applicable because the Bills aren't the worst team in the league, nor have they been in a very long time. Not only should you try something more original, but more relevant as well.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Who's JOKING??????? I'm serious. Anyone can see the Bungling Bills can't COMPETE in the NFL. They get hammered! I would seriously bet a weeks pay our high school team Byrnes, (in South Carolina) could beat the Bills. High school football is BIG down south. Texas and South Carolina are serious when it comes to high school football. These teams have stadiums and also practice facilities just like the pros.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Who's JOKING??????? I'm serious. Anyone can see the Bungling Bills can't COMPETE in the NFL. They get hammered! I would seriously bet a weeks pay our high school team Byrnes, (in South Carolina) could beat the Bills. High school football is BIG down south. Texas and South Carolina are serious when it comes to high school football. These teams have stadiums and also practice facilities just like the pros.
    Slightly more original. But still not clever or funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Slightly more original. But still not clever or funny.
    It's not meant to be funny! Don't you get it, I'm serious. Haven't you ever watched a Bills game? Do you think they can compete with NFL teams other than a couple of other jokes like Jacksonville, Kansas City, and maybe Cleveland? Our high school team has won two state championships in the past few years. I go to their practices every now and then. I GUARANTEE you our high school quarterback has a STRONGER arm than PicksPatrick. I have seen him complete 70 yard bombs where the ball was in the air at least 65 yards.

If I had more time I would like to see the average rest/prep time Buffalo gets as compared to our opponents. I would guarantee opponents have more rest!
    Our time is now!!!
    2014 Adopt-A-Bill: Eric Wood

Well... thank you Chris Brown for devoting a story on the front page to yet another scheduling debacle by the NFL. And for all posters slamming my original question in this thread, which was for last year's schedule, but is clearly equally appropriate today, now you can even read the facts reported in Brownie's article about our disparity from every other NFL team. Interesting....