Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coaching changes and hiring predictions

Default Coaching changes and hiring predictions

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Here's an article about Coaches in the Hot Seat:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/getting...9848--nfl.html

I think its pretty accurate that almost every coach listed will be fired except for Reid. Here are my predictions about who they hire:

San Diego - fires Norv, and hires Steve Mariucci. (They prefer coaches with prev HC experience)
    Dallas - fires Garrett, and hires Jon Gruden.
    KC - fires RAC, and if Pioli is still around, hires another Hoodie Disciple like Mangini. If Pioli is not around, ownership could go for an established HC like Billick or Holmgren.
    Carolina - fires the GM and Riviera, making way for the return of NC native son, Bill Cowher.
    Cleveland - fires Pat, and hires Ohio native son, Jay Gruden; or Nick Saban.
    Jets - will only fire Rex Ryan, if a big name is available like Holmgren, Cowher, or Gruden. Ownership has money to spend on a big name head coach.

Bills - fire Gailey, and I think the smart choice would be Marty Schottenheimer, depending on how much ownership wants to spend. I think some other good possibilities would be Hue Jackson, Jay Gruden, Fewell, Dennis Green.

why would the bills hire a bunch of hasbeens?

If Ron Rivera or Marvin Lewis get the boot, would you be interested in either of them?

Quote Originally Posted by billsrule View Post
    why would the bills hire a bunch of hasbeens?

Well Schottenheimer is actually one of the most successful coaches in history, and was only fired because he didn't get along with the GM. If you don't want your team in the playoffs, then don't hire him.

Hue Jackson, Fewell, Dennis Green all have a record of success, and have built playoff teams.

College coaches and coordinators are risky and might require a lot more time to build a winning team. Ralph Wilson doesn't have enough time for another mistake like Mularky, Gaily, Jauron, Williams.

Besides the Bills don't exactly have a star QB or other pieces that would make it easier for a 1st time coach to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by buffaloftw View Post
    If Ron Rivera or Marvin Lewis get the boot, would you be interested in either of them?
    lewis, yes. Rivera Hell no.

Solid predictions, however I don't see Saban leaving Alabama for Cleveland. Maybe Dallas, but not the Browns.

I wouldn't object to Marty in Buffalo, but have a wild hunch Brian would be brought in as part of the deal, and I have zero interest in seeing him run the Bills offense into the toilet.

RIP Jack Kemp (1935-2009)

I want the Bills to hire Cinci DC Mike Zimmer as their next head coach.

Cowher to the jets..... I'd bank on that
    I have been off the EJ is a "franchise QB" bandwagon since week 2 of 2013 season vs Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Bison View Post
    Solid predictions, however I don't see Saban leaving Alabama for Cleveland. Maybe Dallas, but not the Browns.

I wouldn't object to Marty in Buffalo, but have a wild hunch Brian would be brought in as part of the deal, and I have zero interest in seeing him run the Bills offense into the toilet.
    The Browns have a new owner and lots of money to spend.
    There will also be less pressure to succeed than Miami.
    The Browns also have a better QB potential than other places.
    Dallas wants Gruden.

I think Marty knows enough to get the team to the playoffs with or without Brian.
    Marty's not going to risk wins if his son isn't doing a good enough job.

Yea, let's hire even older, outdated men to replace the old men we already have. Here's an idea, how bout the BIlls hire a coach that doesn't have 1 foot in the grave?

I think it will come down between Norv Turner and who else sucks..... Dom Capers
    “Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in every place you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as long as ever you can”
    John Wesley

manashi12 Guest

coachhire.uk

Please just fire Gailey and get someone in here to take a q.b. in the 1st or 2nd rounds next year.

I think its pretty safe to say Gailey will be back next year

Gailey's lackey DC is the problem. His lack of blitzing is bad
    Gailey's terrible play calling at times hurts the team

I'll give you credit for putting this in the right forum but the content bites
    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.

Gailey obviously will be back next year. Its one thing to call for him to be fired but to say you predict him to be let go is pretty silly. What is that prediction based on? Nothing about this organization says that these people would fire Gailey.

Quote Originally Posted by flutie4ever View Post
    Here's an article about Coaches in the Hot Seat:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/getting...9848--nfl.html

I think its pretty accurate that almost every coach listed will be fired except for Reid. Here are my predictions about who they hire:

San Diego - fires Norv, and hires Steve Mariucci. (They prefer coaches with prev HC experience)
    Dallas - fires Garrett, and hires Jon Gruden.
    KC - fires RAC, and if Pioli is still around, hires another Hoodie Disciple like Mangini. If Pioli is not around, ownership could go for an established HC like Billick or Holmgren.
    Carolina - fires the GM and Riviera, making way for the return of NC native son, Bill Cowher.
    Cleveland - fires Pat, and hires Ohio native son, Jay Gruden; or Nick Saban.
    Jets - will only fire Rex Ryan, if a big name is available like Holmgren, Cowher, or Gruden. Ownership has money to spend on a big name head coach.

Bills - fire Gailey, and I think the smart choice would be Marty Schottenheimer, depending on how much ownership wants to spend. I think some other good possibilities would be Hue Jackson, Jay Gruden, Fewell, Dennis Green.

First of all Cowher does want a team with an established Good Starting QB. San Diego is the perfect spot for him. Nice weather, the 3-4 defense is already in place. Love him or hate him Phillip Crying on the local Rivers is there.

Gruden will end up in Philly, his brother will end up in Cleveland I believe and Dallas will either hire long hair aka Rob Ryan as LONG as he DOES NOT hire his brother Rex lol... The Jets will probably land the OC from Atlanta I forgot his name and I am just too lazy to look it up but those of you who know football know WHO I am talking about and why I am even mentioning his name. Also I can see Mike Zimmer from the Bengals getting a HC job somewhere as well...

IF the Bills fire Chan (for the record I hope they don't) I believe Ralph will go after the OC from Atlanta or Gary Zimmer DC from the Bengals. I wouldn't mind Perry Fewell but all you Johnny come lately types will cry that Ralph did go after a real Head Coach LIKE YOU ALWAYS do lol

I'm trying to think of one hc who returned to coaching after doing commentary?

Quote Originally Posted by bills for life View Post
    I'm trying to think of one hc who returned to coaching after doing commentary?
    Dick Vermeil won a SuperBowl with the Rams.
    Parcells led the Pats to a SB.