View Poll Results: What is your current Rating of GM Buddy Nix?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • 90%<

15 10.34%
  • 80%<

26 17.93%
  • 70%<

25 17.24%
  • 60%<

13 8.97%
  • 50%<

20 13.79%
  • 40%<

8 5.52%
  • 30%<

8 5.52%
  • 20%<

9 6.21%
  • 10%<

4 2.76%
  • 0%≤

17 11.72%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current Fan Approval Rating of GM Buddy Nix

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by 54 spielman View Post
    I didn't catch that part and assumed he would be let go at season's end. If we DO keep Wanny, then that generous 70% approval rating I gave will go down the toidy.
    While I am thinking that if Gailey hasn't fired Wanny by now he isn't going to any time soon and Gailey had said he wasn't going to fire Wanny as of now despite how bad the defense has been so far. I just don't think Gailey should be here any more, he has had his opportunity and failed and I can't believe Nix is saying he is there for the long haul.

Quote Originally Posted by DKTurtle View Post
    I honestly like a lot of the moves that he has made, but the fact that he has been here 3 years without even attempting to upgrade a very poor QB makes it impossible for me to give him a positive grade. Its a QB driven league and when you are 'all in with Fitz,' you are going to lose a lot of games.
    Quote Originally Posted by 54 spielman View Post
    I didn't catch that part and assumed he would be let go at season's end. If we DO keep Wanny, then that generous 70% approval rating I gave will go down the toidy.
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungEz View Post
    While I am thinking that if Gailey hasn't fired Wanny by now he isn't going to any time soon and Gailey had said he wasn't going to fire Wanny as of now despite how bad the defense has been so far. I just don't think Gailey should be here any more, he has had his opportunity and failed and I can't believe Nix is saying he is there for the long haul.
    Thats exactly the reason why I am on the fence right now. This season is a huge indicator of the future under this current regime. If they can't at least be competitive than what is the point of continuity?
    Goonies Never Say Die
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Cordy "The Tank" Glenn

2013 BBMB NFL Season Pickem

Quote Originally Posted by Jm2009 View Post
    13-26 overall, 2-12 in the division-how can anyone say Nix has done a good job?
    Is Nix coaching this team or trying to get talented players?

[QUOTE=WilliamCody;6409056]I'd say in general he's done a better job than not. I gave him >60%[/QUOT

I did the same, i dont the the issue is Nix, I think it is elsewhere, he has done his job

alshere Guest

On a scale of 1 to 10 I give Nix a 5 and as far as some of his decisions there is a guy named Moore sitting on the bench in Detroit who put Boise Stae on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by alshere View Post
    On a scale of 1 to 10 I give Nix a 5 and as far as some of his decisions there is a guy named Moore sitting on the bench in Detroit who put Boise Stae on the map.
    I agree with the issue on some of his decisions, but I highly doubt that Kellen Moore would've made any difference here. Sure he's better than Thigpen, but who isn't? and he's still here. So that invalidates that argument.
    Goonies Never Say Die

I've never cared enough about polls to vote.

This thread is a perfect example of why.

I like more of his decisions then i dislike, and anybody with half a brain and an ounce of logic can figure out why he has waited before getting a qb. Ive exlained it enough times around here that if you havnt figured it out your hopeless. If wannstache is still here and our defense hasnt started to pull out of this nosedive then my rating will go down. Like a rock.
    Adopt A Bill 2012 & 2013: Jairus Byrd

ok, how about now? since the season is basically over. The last game is meaningless.
    Goonies Never Say Die

I gave him 50%, could of done better with some draft picksall teams can say that) and coaching.

My entire approval rating depends on what happens within the next 7-10 days. If we are sitting here at this time next week and Gailey is still the head coach, I will not approve of Nix. If Gailey is gone, I will continue to fully back Buddy Nix.
    1. OT Jake Matthews, 6'6 309 Texas A&M
    2. OLB Kyle Van Noy, 6'4 243 BYU
    3. RB Andre Williams, 5'10 233 Boston College
    4. OG Trai Turner, 6'3 310 LSU
    5. CB Ross Cockrell, 6'0 191 Duke
    7. DE Ethan Westbrooks, 6'4 267 West Texas A&M

50/50..... 50 ok, and 50 ****.....

Lol..genuinely I think he is trying to make us a winner.i generally say he has done better then not. Those are some of the comments on here. Wow, we are going to go 5 in 11, he hired gailey,NEVER DRAFTED A FRANCHISE QB,EVEN THOUGH THIS PAST YEAR MIGHT GO DOWN AS ONE OF THE GREATEST QB CLASSES EVER. his drafts have been awful. Cincinnati drafted one spot behind us and drafted AJ green and Andy dalton. We picked marcel dareus and aaron Williams. Cinci in playoffs bills one of the 4 worst teams in football. I am glad that 98 % of you on here don't own companies because they would ALL BE BANKRUPT

When I hear that Buddy is fighting to keep Chan, I have to give him a zero & assume that his good decisions were accidental.

He is responsible for the team we fielded this year, so he FAILED us all, end of story.

I like many things Buddy has done:

bringing in FA's to help the pass rush; Williams got off to a slow start due to a wrist injury and Anderson missed almost all the season but the decision was bold
    re-signing players on the roster to keep them here
    finding some late round draft picks and street FA's that have been very productive
    Tried to give VY a shot

What I don't like:

Sticking with Gailey; his coaching/game management has not been good from day 1 and his refusal to utilize the run game has been frustrating
    Hiring Wanny to run the D; needed a system that would pressure and try to confuse Brady and other top QB's...his doesn't do that
    Sticking with Fitz and not drafting a QB to at least develop
    Drafting TJ Graham to be a deep threat and stretch the field for a QB that can't throw a deep ball...same round where he could have and obviously should have drafted Russel Wilson
    Traded for VJax who never dressed and was never given an opportunity; I feel this was in part Gailey so there would not be a QB controversy for his man Fitz

I would not be upset if he was retained, but there needs to be a new QB, HC and DC in place for next year.

Thanks Taylor for your insight. Giving free agents a shot and they have been productive. Re signing players on roster. We are going to be 5 in 11. Wow,what progress. He drafted troup instead of a hometown stud te. He drafted Williams instead of dalton or kaepernick. HERE IT IS AND VERY SIMPLE TO READ. GAILEY AND NIX BELIEVED THEY COULD WIN WITH A QUARTERBACK WHO SHOULDN'T EVEN BE IN THE NFL. TO COMPOUND MATTERS EVEN MORE,THEY NEVER DRAFTED A POTENTIAL REPLACEMNT. HIS ALZHEIMER'S HAS LIMITED HIM IN WHAT HE IS SUPPOSE TO DO AS A GM,HOW CAN YOU SIT HERE AND SAY HE HAS DONE ONE THING REMOTELY GOOD. THEY STINK

This thread should show one thing. Take all the nuts and ban them that voted 90% or above and those that voted 0%. Then you have reasonable fans left and judge that way. The people at the top and at the bottom are too biased no matter what facts you bring to them. Their minds are made up no matter what. They have tunnel vision and poor judgement.
    Trade down...

1. Cordarelle Patterson (WR)
    2.(a) Ryan Nassib (QB)
    2.(b) Keenan Allen (WR)
    3.(a) Tyrann Matthieu (CB)
    3.(b) Jon Bostic (ILB)
    4. Jelani Jenkins (OLB)
    5. Gavin Escobar (TE)
    6. Garrett Chilkey(OG)

Cavington,you hit the nail on the head. The people who voted 0% have poor judgment and tunnel vision,just like the bills organization for 13 years. If this was your business and you were not lying in a bed for 24 hours a day who in their right mind would say the bill s are remotely on the right track. 15 in 32 ,if you can sit there and say he has done even and adequate job you have no idea about football,business or success in life.