Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well there you have it, Bills screwed for the long haul

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I'm assuming there is no limit on how many negative threads one person can make on here.

I get the impression that Nix is planning to leave in the next couple years and for now Gailey will remain in the franchise's employ as long as Nix continues to be GM. Once Doug Whaley is ready to be GM I suspect Nix will step down and we'll probably see a coaching change.

Quote Originally Posted by DCBillsfan View Post
    Gailey's play calling doesn't always benefit Fitz, and, by the way, this "no" QB of ours has 15 TD passes to 6 INT"s in the past six and a half games. What are your expectations for a real QB over that stretch? 18 TD's to 3 INT'S? 20 TD's 1 INT?
    yeah and those interceptions came when we needed him not to turn the ball over, wich he cost us the games

Nix is all bravado. He's very arrogant, selfish and sometimes clueless to the point of the matter. Fact is and all due respect to Nix, Gailey, and the short armed QB, all three wouldn't have the same titles for any other NFL run franchise.

I don't care that Fitzpatrick put up 34 points on the Titans. That's been the norm for the Titans defense. The Patriots, Chargers, Vikings, Texans all put 30+ up on the the Titans and the Lions put up 41. No matter who tries to swing it as the defense this or that, The Bills lost that Titans game due to the QB throwing a bad INT late in the game. That's been the problem with the QB. Fitzpatrick is 4-12 his last 16 starts with 25 TD's and 25 INT's. Can't win turning the football over.

Also, Buddy says..
    ''I came here to make sure this thing was turned around and on solid ground,'' said Nix, who's in his third year as GM. ''And I'm not going anywhere until it is, or unless the owner says I am. And he and I are the only two that can. How about that?'' and Buddy goes on with ''You appease (fans) for about three months,'' Nix said.

Three months? This board and Bills fans live this 24/7 365. It's annoying how Nix just takes it like it's no biggie. That's been the attitude of this franchise for way too long. "Oh, we'll get em next year." This is a disaster.
    ''You appease (fans) for about three months,'' Nix said. ~ 11/2/2012

Chan Gailey 12/26/2010 - Pass rush would of helped a couple of those. That guy (Tom Brady) stood back there forever and someone finally come open.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshawnLynch#23 View Post

I don't care that Fitzpatrick put up 34 points on the Titans. That's been the norm for the Titans defense. The Patriots, Chargers, Vikings, Texans all put 30+ up on the the Titans and the Lions put up 41. No matter who tries to swing it as the defense this or that, The Bills lost that Titans game due to the QB throwing a bad INT late in the game. That's been the problem with the QB. Fitzpatrick is 4-12 his last 16 starts with 25 TD's and 25 INT's. Can't win turning the football over.
    You dont care that our offense put up the same amount of points as 2 of the more higher power offenses in the league? That doesnt make any sense. Think about that... we put up the same amount of points as the Pats did against them. Yet the Pats D was able to hold them to 13 points. There is your major difference. The SD defense was able to hold them to 10 points while also throwing an INT. They had 3 fumbles as well but were able to recover them.

Any time your team scores 34 points, your D should be able to win you the game. I dont care what you say about an INT. I dont care at what point that INT came. The fact is, the defense should be held accountable to keep a team under 34 points. Thats just pathetic. You want to claim and entire loss on exactly 1 play. Before you guys had excuses for the D.... oh they were soooo tired oh Fitz turned the ball over 5 times blah blah blah. Whats the Ds excuse this game. They allowed the titans to score on every drive the first half except 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    You dont care that our offense put up the same amount of points as 2 of the more higher power offenses in the league? That doesnt make any sense. Think about that... we put up the same amount of points as the Pats did against them. Yet the Pats D was able to hold them to 13 points. There is your major difference. The SD defense was able to hold them to 10 points while also throwing an INT. They had 3 fumbles as well but were able to recover them.

Any time your team scores 34 points, your D should be able to win you the game. I dont care what you say about an INT. I dont care at what point that INT came. The fact is, the defense should be held accountable to keep a team under 34 points. Thats just pathetic. You want to claim and entire loss on exactly 1 play. Before you guys had excuses for the D.... oh they were soooo tired oh Fitz turned the ball over 5 times blah blah blah. Whats the Ds excuse this game. They allowed the titans to score on every drive the first half except 1.

It's the norm, buddy. Teams have been scoring at will on the Titans most of the year. when it all comes down to the matter, the Bills turnover prone QB threw a big time INT at the end of the game. The defense can't stop anyone, sure. So what does a QB do? Don't turn the football over. Can't do that. Same thing has happened a few times before with Fitzpatrick. The play calling is pathetic late in games. Look at the AZ game as another example of coaching late in games. Same old song and dance. Hence 12 years and counting of no playoffs.

Chan Gailey 12/26/2010 - Pass rush would of helped a couple of those. That guy (Tom Brady) stood back there forever and someone finally come open.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshawnLynch#23 View Post
    It's the norm, buddy. Teams have been scoring at will on the Titans most of the year. when it all comes down to the matter, the Bills turnover prone QB threw a big time INT at the end of the game. The defense can't stop anyone, sure. So what does a QB do? Don't turn the football over. Can't do that. Same thing has happened a few times before with Fitzpatrick. The play calling is pathetic late in games. Look at the AZ game as another example of coaching late in games. Same old song and dance. Hence 12 years and counting of no playoffs.
    Any defense worth its paycheck holds that drive to a field goal at most.
    Adopt A Bill 2012 & 2013: Jairus Byrd

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    Any defense worth its paycheck holds that drive to a field goal at most.
    It is what it is. Fitzpatrick also fumbled down there too. It's not the first time the Bills have lost a game like that. It's happened quite often over the past 12 years. They always choke it away one way or another. Just a few examples. The 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009 openers. Haha! How about the 2006 game vs the Titans? Cowboys and Browns MNF games? They almost always lose these type of games. Hence the looooooong playoff drought.

Im talking in that situation. But no it wasnt a surprise just based on how the d played that day. They were not good enough and tbe coaches should have torn the whole defense a new one after that game. They gave it away just like the patriots game. Both were 100% the defenses fault. Im not saying the offense was perfect, though in comparison to the d they were close, just that the defense has been shamefully bad. With the 20th ranked defense this team is 5-2 minimum, with a loss to the niners and a close game with the jests that would have went either way to make them 6-1.
    Adopt A Bill 2012 & 2013: Jairus Byrd

Gailey's play calling doesn't always benefit Fitz, and, by the way, this "no" QB of ours has 15 TD passes to 6 INT"s in the past six and a half games. What are your expectations for a real QB over that stretch? 18 TD's to 3 INT'S? 20 TD's 1 INT?
    Please stop posting forever. You like to twist stats to fit your statements and it makes you look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    Im talking in that situation. But no it wasnt a surprise just based on how the d played that day. They were not good enough and tbe coaches should have torn the whole defense a new one after that game. They gave it away just like the patriots game. Both were 100% the defenses fault. Im not saying the offense was perfect, though in comparison to the d they were close, just that the defense has been shamefully bad. With the 20th ranked defense this team is 5-2 minimum, with a loss to the niners and a close game with the jests that would have went either way to make them 6-1.
    The coaches are always nonchalant here. You'll never see any of them yelling or acting like they care. It's been that away for 12 years now. Same old lousy coaching with the same old results. No other team has choked as much as the Bills the past 12 seasons. How many times they been blown out the building as well? It's sickening and getting tiresome. You can dial all the would've, could've, should've deals all you want. Go ahead and go back to the Jauron era if you want. Them three straight 7-9 seasons in 2006, 2007, and 2008 all might've been 10-6 or better with a better leader walking the sidelines. It is what it is. I can't even get excited anymore on game day knowing the head coach, QB and DC are acting like the three stooges and the GM seemingly doesn't seem to really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Denverbill View Post
    This just CAN'T be true!

I'm going to prove it.

Lets see.... went to NFL.com and looked at stats. An O is all about scoring points, right. so lets see....

Huh.... 20 TDs by this O. 15 Passing and 5 Rushing in...well...gosh...7 games.

So, hold on..... Fitz is the WORST QB in the league so something can't add up here. Either Gailey is calling enough decent plays to get a crappy QB to throw 15 TDs in 7 games or Fitz is pretty good.

Total points per game? 24.4 avg? Well that is pretty good. Heck, Bills are #12 out of 32 in points per game? Weird. I expected this to be worse!

Something doesn't add up! Gailey sucks right? Fitz sucks right? Gailey doesn't call plays well right?

I guess Fitz must be at minimum okay and for this Gailey O to be #12 in PPG and at this rate going to score 34 passing TDs this season and 12 rushing TDs, something must be going well.

I wonder what this O would do with a Decent D?

I'm going to have to figure out a new way to bash Gailey. Sorry to bother you today.
    Winning games is the key. Gailey has proven that he can get decent results out of average QBs..but has he proven that he can win with that formula?

This team hasn't won over 3 games in a row under Gailey's command, yet they managed to lose 8 times in a row & 7 times in a row in consecutive seasons. Couple that with the amount of blow out losses suffered during that duration & it would appear that this team under his guidance, is more familiar with losing, than it is with winning.

2 defensive coordinators later, how many are we gonna have to go through & how much more losing do we hve to experience before we realize that this current set up just isn't going to get us over the playoff hump?
    Last edited by GodZnKingZ; 11-03-2012 at 09:57 AM.
    ↱7↯

RD 1: WR Sammy Watkins
    RD 2: OT Cyrus Kouandjio
    RD 3: LB Preston Brown
    Rd 4: DB Ross Cockrell
    Rd 5: OG Cyril Richardson
    Rd 6: WR Mike Williams via Buccaneers trade
    Rd 7: LB Randall Johnson
    Rd 7: OT Seantrell Henderson
    Rd 7 swap: RB Bryce Brown via Eagles trade 2015 3rd or 4th

Oline = The Buffalo Bullies #OperationBulldozer is now in effect!

#IMDB: http://www.imdb.me/aqen-aten
    #Facebook: Alphonso A'Qen-Aten Jackson
    #Instagram: AQenAten
    #Twitter: @AQenAten

↟☯7♠↲

Quote Originally Posted by Klaista2k View Post
    The Bills must be very thankful to have fans as gullible as you.

Easy money.

How is that gullible? The Bills suck right now because of coaching. It's obvious. There's talent on this team. Gailey is NOT a bad head coach. He's made this offense good enough to compete with anybody. We just need a top 10 defense, and all we need is a REAL DC to do that.

Do you realize what a difference Wade Phillips made for Houston? Ask any Texans fans what they thought of Kubiak before they got Wade, they never made the playoffs any of the 4 seasons he was there before Wade, and instead of getting rid of Kubiak, they just added a real DC, now they're a super bowl contender.

Why is that so much different from the Bills? You're downplaying what a joke Wannstedt is and how much better this team can be with good coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaBillzFan View Post
    Buddy Nix says he and Chan are here for the long haul which = we stay a crap team.

Well, that's certainly one opinion. Not one which has anything in particular over it's opposite in terms of believability or proof, though.

Quote Originally Posted by intimidatortj View Post
    Getting a new owner is not in anyone's control. But my suggestion is to hire Bill Polian as the franchisee's acting owner, aka COO. Buddy Nix and Russ Brandon would report to Bill Polian.

We need someone to add to this brain trust....and if Ralph is the owner for the foreseeable future then we need someone to act as owner. I don't know many other football execs smarter than Bill Polian...and that has some history with Mr. Wilson.

One of many problems there is the name that Polian is rumored to have called a member of Ralph's immediate family. That sort of thing isn't easily forgotten.

Another is that the rumor is that if you get Bill Polian you are also stuck with his son, who Bill may well want in a decision-making position. Which would not be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    How's his defense doing?

We'll know over the next year or so.

Just curious, is there any reason you didn't pick, oh, I don't know, maybe ... seven games? 'Cause generally people look at things in year increments. Like say, all of last year and all of this year so far. How has he done in that length of time? Ooooops.

But even ignoring that, 6 INTs in 6.5 games is good? That's 15 INTs per year. That would've put him in the bottom 10 in the league last year, and you only get to that rate when you throw out his worst performance.

You didn't encourage anyone much, I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    It totally amazes me how many people fail to understand that a Head Coach is in charge of the ENTIRE TEAM and not just the offense.

13 and 26 overall
    2 and 12 against the AFC East
    13 losses by 20 or more points

Gailey isn't the problem? Give me a break!

It totally amazes me how many people fail to understand that you can't judge a coach by win-loss record in the first two years of a rebuild. When you decide to rebuild, you are deciding to lose a lot of games for a couple of years and to start over with a young team. And no, the Colts aren't rebuilding, not when they kept Mathis, Freeney and a couple of other oldsters with some talent. It also totally amazes me how many people hear this argument and cite teams that DIDN'T rebuild as counter-examples.

When you rebuild, you suck for a couple of years. People who judge coaches by their record in the first two years are acting cluelessly.

If OBD told most of you clowns the world was going to end tomorrow you would believe it.