Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eye on Carolina

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaBillzFan View Post
    Yes they are. Richardson had serious issues with Scam but Hurney convinced him to let him draft Scam. Hurney got his *** canned in part for that personnel decision. That said, Rivera, the entire staff and Scam will be jettisoned this offseason. Steve Smith will Retire.

Time for a complete rebuild in Carolina. Look for the chin to be made the offer to run the org and a GM brought in strictly for talent scouting and cap management. And YES they will take a QB
    I can't wait to bump this thread when try don't take a qb and you look like a fool! Who are they gonna take in place of newton! And what's supporting your theory? Probably the fact that you are a bills fan and want him hwre

Quote Originally Posted by UTBILLSFAN22 View Post
    Normally, I couldn't care less about what teams other than the Bills are doing. However, 1 situation has me legitimately concerned, and that's Carolina.

As we all know, new regimes like to polish their own egos and bring in "their guy." And, since Carolina will have a new GM, if that guy wants Matt Barkley then, guess what? Matt Barkley's going to Carolina.

It's little secret that the Bills would have drafted Scam Newton instead of Dareus had he fallen to 3 in 2011. Now, for the low, low price of a 2nd round pick, our front office gets to chase bring in Scam after all. It's a move that would sell tickets, and they'd sell it to Scam by saying hey, let's just reset everything, come in and learn from a couple of solid guys like Gailey and Fitz, and you'll take over sometime in 2013 or the start of 2014. The front office would package it to the fans by saying, hey, we got Te'o AND a QB of the future.

I like Te'o a lot, and if the draft were tomorrow, I'm not sure if I'd take him, Wilson, or Glennon if all 3 were available. However, under NO circumstances do I want Scam Newton as our quarterback of the future. He's getting exposed by NFL defensive coordinators.

Am I paranoid with this theory? Has anyone else thought of this?

I live in Raleigh, and trust me, Cam isn't going anywhere. Rivera will get the door before they replace Cam. However, we should be concerned with three teams, that will probably pick ahead of us, scooping up a new signal caller. The Chiefs and Jaguars for sure, and possibly the Browns with their new regime wanting to have "their guy" at QB.

The world is comprised of three types of people:
    1. Wolves
    2. Sheep
    3. Those that protect the Sheep from the Wolves
    Proud to be a lifelong member of category #3

The human race is doomed when the forces of good refuse to aggressively confront the forces of evil.

newton is vy part 2

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaBillzFan View Post
    Yes they are. Richardson had serious issues with Scam but Hurney convinced him to let him draft Scam. Hurney got his *** canned in part for that personnel decision. That said, Rivera, the entire staff and Scam will be jettisoned this offseason. Steve Smith will Retire.

Time for a complete rebuild in Carolina. Look for the chin to be made the offer to run the org and a GM brought in strictly for talent scouting and cap management. And YES they will take a QB
    I thought I told you to stay under your bridge!!!!!!!! Who paid the troll toll to get into this boy's soul?

Quote Originally Posted by ermaniron View Post
    newton is vy part 2
    Not even close.

Cam is the precedent, there is no athlete in the NFL that you can compare him to.
    Last edited by D2k; 11-03-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EscapedfromNY View Post
    I live in Raleigh, and trust me, Cam isn't going anywhere. Rivera will get the door before they replace Cam. However, we should be concerned with three teams, that will probably pick ahead of us, scooping up a new signal caller. The Chiefs and Jaguars for sure, and possibly the Browns with their new regime wanting to have "their guy" at QB.
    I also don't see Cleve giving up on Weeden after 1 year. Even in a new regime. Has shown enough already to secure a second year.

As far as Jax, I think Gabbert gets one more year, but I wouldn't be shocked if they go QB. I just think he gets another year mainly because they moved up for him. Even though it was done by previous regime.

Also, I believe most GMs believe in 3 years for a young qb.
    2013 Adopt a Bill---Chris Hairston

Why no Glennon? Both times I've seen him this year, he looked awesome. Beats #3 Florida State at home, outplayed Manuel. Last week, loses to UNC, but not his fault the defense gives up 45. My only question after the first game was, can he throw the deep ball? A laser that traveled 59 yards in the air for a subsequent touchdown answered that 1.

I like Wilson a lot, too. Haven't seen him since he was Mallett's backup, so I gotta watch him this year. But, I think Glennon is playing his way into the 1st round.
    Ive become an NC State fan since I've moved to Raleigh. Seen a ton of his games. He's very slow, takes too long to make a decision, and he telegraphs his throws. He would be a project at the very least. He can thrive when he has a ton of time and receivers get wide open. Look at him so far today...

Go Bills!!!
    Marcel, Kyle Williams, and Mario Williams in for the sack. Its a ham sandwich!!!!

"The only things you will regret in life are the risks not taken"

Quote Originally Posted by EscapedfromNY View Post
    I live in Raleigh also, people are not quite as high on Cam as they used to. Even the local sports radio station are questioning his character.

Go Bills!!!
    Marcel, Kyle Williams, and Mario Williams in for the sack. Its a ham sandwich!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by billsballer311 View Post
    I live in Raleigh also, people are not quite as high on Cam as they used to. Even the local sports radio station are questioning his character.

Go Bills!!!
    so you want to get a guy for qb who has character concerns?

Really? I said that? News to me! Please, show me where I said I wanted him!

Jury is still out on Cam...

Go Bills!!!

Quote Originally Posted by billsballer311 View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure actually. I live in Raleigh, NC and all the Panther fans are down on Cam right now. A lot of them think he's a bum. Yes, I understand, that's ridiculous but its true.

Go Bills!!!
    The kid is just immature that's all. NO WAY Carolina drafts another QB. com' on man.....

I can't believe this is even a thread! Cam is not going anywhere hahahahaha!

#1 they aren't trading cam
    #2 if they did it would be for Much more than a 2nd
    #3 cam to buffalo sounds like a dream to me not a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by t browback21 View Post
    Ok so the bills are going to basically steal newton from Carolina? For a second rounder? Wow there is some serious optimism in this thread
    My thoughts exactly.

Live south of charlotte. Some are iffy on cam some are not. Real problem how they run there offense they ran read/option last year which is why cam was successful but not so successful this year. Pretty much scrapped it the bears game. Really don't have no other receiver besides steve smith and olsen at tight end. Carolina needs to have a few upgrades on the offensive side of the ball and new HC and OC.

Stranger things have happened, I suppose, but I'm not too concerned about it at this point. Now, while I don't think Cam was ever as good as people thought a year ago, neither do I think that obtaining him is necessarily a disaster. The problem is, he was not a finished product when he was drafted, and he still isn't. He's also kind of immature. He's not going to come in and master Chan Gailey's offense right away. That means Chan would be faced with a choice. Does he dumb down his offense so Cam can play sooner, or does he keep starting Fitzpatrick until Cam is able to run a reasonable facsimile of the way it's supposed to run when all the pieces are working as they should?
    My adopt-a-Bill is Marcel Dareus.

Quote Originally Posted by Baad 1 View Post
    The kid is just immature that's all. NO WAY Carolina drafts another QB. com' on man.....
    I agree it would be dumb, I'm just saying, don't rule it out.

Go Bills!!!

Let's break down the rest of Carolina's schedule to examine the likelihood of all this happening. Currently, their record is 1-6.

No shot at winning: Atlanta, Denver, @San Diego, @ Philly. And, yes, I put those last 2 in because those teams, fighting for their lives, will win games they're favored in. Now, they're at 1-10.
    Could go either way: @Washington, Tampa. Let's say they split these 2. Puts them at 2-11.
    Now, there's the other 3. @KC, Oakland, @NO with the worst defense in football. If Scam doesn't win 2 of these 3 to at least go 4-12, he MAY (Notice I said MAY) be available. Anyone who thinks otherwise is naiive.

If they finish 3-13 and Scam's rating stays at 75 where it is now, they will not get a #1 pick for him unless KC or Jacksonville is hopelessly infatuated. Unless those teams are in the mix to jack the price up, they MIGHT get a 2 and a 5. NFL teams aren't in the business of forking over draft picks very easily.

Normally, I couldn't care less about what teams other than the Bills are doing. However, 1 situation has me legitimately concerned, and that's Carolina.

As we all know, new regimes like to polish their own egos and bring in "their guy." And, since Carolina will have a new GM, if that guy wants Matt Barkley then, guess what? Matt Barkley's going to Carolina.

It's little secret that the Bills would have drafted Scam Newton instead of Dareus had he fallen to 3 in 2011. Now, for the low, low price of a 2nd round pick, our front office gets to chase bring in Scam after all. It's a move that would sell tickets, and they'd sell it to Scam by saying hey, let's just reset everything, come in and learn from a couple of solid guys like Gailey and Fitz, and you'll take over sometime in 2013 or the start of 2014. The front office would package it to the fans by saying, hey, we got Te'o AND a QB of the future.

I like Te'o a lot, and if the draft were tomorrow, I'm not sure if I'd take him, Wilson, or Glennon if all 3 were available. However, under NO circumstances do I want Scam Newton as our quarterback of the future. He's getting exposed by NFL defensive coordinators.

Am I paranoid with this theory? Has anyone else thought of this?
    You hope Carolina has the worst record as they don't need a QB. You also then have to hope the Bills don't do so well as there are other teams who will mortgage the farm for that top pick.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

I would trade our first round pick for Newton without a doubt. There is little chance the Panthers do this. Seriously, the Rams could have had RG3, but they just took Bradford first overall. Bradford has had even less success than Newton up until that point. There is little chance they just give up on Newton.

Rams got a new HC too.
    Last edited by premierwildbill; 11-04-2012 at 11:02 AM.