Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OK - Now I'm a Jim Kelly Believer !

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

frankly i don't buy this story buffalo is a small community and if this was true people talk word gets around ...this would have been common knowledge months or years ago
    "Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said -- A little I'm hurt but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile -- And I'll rise and fight again." marv levy

Quote Originally Posted by Josh14069 View Post
    I'm NOT a kid making up a bunch of BS to get attention. I was a huge, huge doubter about Jim Kelly's involvement with the future of the Bills. I'm not a huge fan of Jim's ability to be an effective Manager of anything.

This past week, through friends and my daughter, I had the opportunity to go out with 2 mid-level Bills Executives (marketing & administrative) for Halloween parties at Orchard Park bistro's. It's quite obvious they don't normally talk Bills business with anyone outside the organization. Both live on the same street as my daughter and are friends of hers through their same age children.

After a "few" beers they told me a few things and their general concerns about their future with the Bills. You can believe me or not. I have no reason to make this up. I don't need attention on this Board.

-Jim Kelly absolutely will have some involvement with the Bills future when Mr. Wilson passes. The word is that this will be in Mr. Wilson's will. Mr. Wilson has more or less treated Jim as the son he never had. It does not mean Jim will be given the job as President but he will have some control of who takes over the team ownership. When Jim started talking about putting together an ownership/financial partnership group very publicly he was told to tone in down by Mr. Wilson. It was supposed to be private and this talk would also drive down the value of the franchise. Jim is active with the Bills now but with no official title. Many people within the Bills aren't quite comfortable with his personality.

-Right now the Bills are like a ship without a rudder. Non-football people are basically making day-to-day decisions based on finances. Mr. Wilson is not involved. All feel sorry for Buddy Nix because he basically has no support above or anyone to report to and has a strict budget. If you want to buy something you have to cut something.

-Finally, when the Bills tried the return of the no-huddle offense a few years ago with Trent Edwards it came from Mr. Wilson and Jim Kelly. It was an order and not a suggestion. They said Jim and Andre Reed were involved to help implement it. Personally I don't remember much about that but it couldn't have been too successful!

I have to believe with Jim's involvement the Bills WILL stay in Buffalo. I'm a believer now!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    Actually it was somewhat successful for the first few games in '08 before Trent got knocked out in the Arizona game. Then everything went downhill again when he morphed into Captain Checkdown.
    Goonies Never Say Die
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Cordy "The Tank" Glenn
    2014 Adopt-a-Bill: Stephon "Stickybomb" Gilmore

2013 BBMB NFL Season Pickem

Quote Originally Posted by cksteele79 View Post
    frankly i don't buy this story buffalo is a small community and if this was true people talk word gets around ...this would have been common knowledge months or years ago
    We all had common knowledge a few years ago when Jim was running his mouth about having a group of financial investors and that the team would stay in Buffalo. Most people dismissed him including me. I thought he was full of BS just grasping for attention. He's been quiet because he was told to be. Many people still think he's a goof.

We all had common knowledge a few years ago when Jim was running his mouth about having a group of financial investors and that the team would stay in Buffalo. Most people dismissed him including me. I thought he was full of BS just grasping for attention. He's been quiet because he was told to be. Many people still think he's a goof.
    sorry but if all it took was "a few beers" for these guys to spill the beans it would have happened years ago and the story it would be coming from multiple sources not just jim kelly
    "Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said -- A little I'm hurt but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile -- And I'll rise and fight again." marv levy

I'm NOT a kid making up a bunch of BS to get attention. I was a huge, huge doubter about Jim Kelly's involvement with the future of the Bills. I'm not a huge fan of Jim's ability to be an effective Manager of anything.

This past week, through friends and my daughter, I had the opportunity to go out with 2 mid-level Bills Executives (marketing & administrative) for Halloween parties at Orchard Park bistro's. It's quite obvious they don't normally talk Bills business with anyone outside the organization. Both live on the same street as my daughter and are friends of hers through their same age children.

After a "few" beers they told me a few things and their general concerns about their future with the Bills. You can believe me or not. I have no reason to make this up. I don't need attention on this Board.

-Jim Kelly absolutely will have some involvement with the Bills future when Mr. Wilson passes. The word is that this will be in Mr. Wilson's will. Mr. Wilson has more or less treated Jim as the son he never had.
    It does not mean Jim will be given the job as President but he will have some control of who takes over the team ownership. When Jim started talking about putting together an ownership/financial partnership group very publicly he was told to tone in down by Mr. Wilson. It was supposed to be private and this talk would also drive down the value of the franchise. Jim is active with the Bills now but with no official title. Many people within the Bills aren't quite comfortable with his personality.

-Right now the Bills are like a ship without a rudder. Non-football people are basically making day-to-day decisions based on finances. Mr. Wilson is not involved. All feel sorry for Buddy Nix because he basically has no support above or anyone to report to and has a strict budget. If you want to buy something you have to cut something.

-Finally, when the Bills tried the return of the no-huddle offense a few years ago with Trent Edwards it came from Mr. Wilson and Jim Kelly. It was an order and not a suggestion. They said Jim and Andre Reed were involved to help implement it. Personally I don't remember much about that but it couldn't have been too successful!

I have to believe with Jim's involvement the Bills WILL stay in Buffalo. I'm a believer now!

Yes and yes. All very true.
    Jim is like a son to Ralph

Why do you all think Jim parades up and down the sidelines? I know for a fact that Jim thinks Fitz is a bad QB.
    The guys in charge now do not like Jim very much, and they should be very worried when the time comes because most of them will be out the door, including the overly pompous *** Brandon.

We will see a big time change at GM and coach, actual high quality guys. This team isn't moving anywhere, as I have stated before,"it is etched in stone."

Thanks for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastOfTheEast View Post
    Nix is working on a tight budget?

Then how do you explain Mario Williams?
    All I can say is that's Mario's 50 mil guaranteed is spread out over an annuity. I don't follow the salary cap stuff. But, if cuts of Florence, Dwan Edwards, Roscoe (?) etc. came near Mario's annual salary then it was a wash. They just care about annual expenses and revenue.

sorry but if all it took was "a few beers" for these guys to spill the beans it would have happened years ago and the story it would be coming from multiple sources not just jim kelly
    I'm not going to defend myself. This what they said and I heard. I believe it's true and hope it is!

All I can say is that's Mario's 50 mil guaranteed is spread out over an annuity. I don't follow the salary cap stuff. But, if cuts of Florence, Dwan Edwards, Roscoe (?) etc. came near Mario's annual salary then it was a wash. They just care about annual expenses and revenue.
    Are you sure about this? I never heard any info to say it was spread over an annuity, and idk why Mario or his agent would have it set up that way

The good news is you do not have to buy anything!! the info was not for sale to begin with it was volunteered by someone. How can you not feel like there is something in place, or at least have somewhat hope in it? The team could easily not be here right now if it was not for Ralph

-Jim Kelly absolutely will have some involvement with the Bills future when Mr. Wilson passes. The word is that this will be in Mr. Wilson's will. Mr. Wilson has more or less treated Jim as the son he never had. It does not mean Jim will be given the job as President but he will have some control of who takes over the team ownership. When Jim started talking about putting together an ownership/financial partnership group very publicly he was told to tone in down by Mr. Wilson. It was supposed to be private and this talk would also drive down the value of the franchise. Jim is active with the Bills now but with no official title. Many people within the Bills aren't quite comfortable with his personality.

Nobody likes his personality because he is a winner and OBD is full of yes men losers. I can't wait until a new owner comes in and tears apart this cluster-****.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wendigo View Post
    Unfortunately, Jim is an extremely loyal guy and his ties to the entitled horde of know-nothings and yes-men will probably ensure their employment for the next three or four decades. That could mean that even with a new owner, the status quo will continue and it will be business as usual at OBD, i.e. make money first, win second or maybe not at all.
    Not a chance.

The no huddle was abandoned when it didn't work during pre-season & the canned Alex Van Pelt before the start of the regular season.
    ↱7↯

RD 1: WR Sammy Watkins
    RD 2: OT Cyrus Kouandjio
    RD 3: LB Preston Brown
    Rd 4: DB Ross Cockrell
    Rd 5: OG Cyril Richardson
    Rd 6: WR Mike Williams via Buccaneers trade
    Rd 7: LB Randall Johnson
    Rd 7: OT Seantrell Henderson
    Rd 7 swap: RB Bryce Brown via Eagles trade 2015 3rd or 4th

Oline = The Buffalo Bullies #OperationBulldozer is now in effect!

#IMDB: http://www.imdb.me/aqen-aten
    #Facebook: Alphonso A'Qen-Aten Jackson
    #Instagram: AQenAten
    #Twitter: @AQenAten

↟☯7♠↲

I agree with and believe everything except for the tight budget:

Fitz extension 60 mil
    Fred raise. 2 mil raise per year
    Stevie j extension 50 ish mil
    Mario Williams signing 100 mil
    Mark anderson signing 16 mil

The bills won't ever leave buffalo ....
    No Chan, No Wanny, No Fitz ...... 2013 will be a good year!

Quote Originally Posted by GodZnKingZ View Post
    The no huddle was abandoned when it didn't work during pre-season & the canned Alex Van Pelt before the start of the regular season.
    They fired Turk Schonert and promoted Alex Van Pelt.

Quote Originally Posted by Billsfootball1027 View Post
    I agree with and believe everything except for the tight budget:

Fitz extension 60 mil
    Fred raise. 2 mil raise per year
    Stevie j extension 50 ish mil
    Mario Williams signing 100 mil
    Mark anderson signing 16 mil

The bills won't ever leave buffalo ....

That is all controlled with Cap space. But no matter I am not arguing with you and completely agree. I am sure Ralph just blew 250 million because he is tight and on a budget....you can give that excuse up fellows, and as we can be homers about players sometimes and you look outside the bills they totally disagree and think we suck, well, as much of a hard time you give ralph and the bills about the budget and money spent the same could be said, you go outside the bills fanbase and the outside will disagree, the Bills are not being cheap or on a tight budget, they are in to win.......you can laugh now, but its not because the money has not put forth, its more on the coaching and the effort put forth on the field

gadzod is offline Adviser of the Death Valley Devil Dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    When you spend a billion dollars on something, you want to make money off it. I mean, you could just park it somewhere at 4% and double it every 18 years, so you're not going to accept it if your money isn't making money.

If these bean-counters are gone, there'll be new ones. It's what capable business owners do. Every NFL team has them.
    What did Ralph spend $1B on? He bought the team for $25,000.....
    Official 3rd Year Season Ticket Holder!

Section 129 Row 12 Seats 1&2

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoSerious? View Post
    What did Ralph spend $1B on? He bought the team for $25,000.....
    How much did you spend on it? 25$? please...... you wouldnt be watching the game if were not for Ralph....be grateful and not hateful

Quote Originally Posted by BILLSwwjd View Post
    Nobody likes his personality because he is a winner and OBD is full of yes men losers. I can't wait until a new owner comes in and tears apart this cluster-****.

Who is a winner? Jim kelly? You feeling ok?

Quote Originally Posted by gunsgoodtime View Post
    How much did you spend on it? 25$? please...... you wouldnt be watching the game if were not for Ralph....be grateful and not hateful
    If it only cost 25,000 still I would pony that up money in no time to buy the bills. Unfortunately the NFL has priced me out of the competition with their Multi Hundred Million and Billion dollar franchises.
    Goonies Never Say Die
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Cordy "The Tank" Glenn
    2014 Adopt-a-Bill: Stephon "Stickybomb" Gilmore

2013 BBMB NFL Season Pickem

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonavenger View Post
    Actually it was somewhat successful for the first few games in '08 before Trent got knocked out in the Arizona game. Then everything went downhill again when he morphed into Captain Checkdown.
    The No-huddle was implemented in 2009, not 2008.
    Check out my blog please! Will be updating frequently for now on. Comment if you'd like. Last update: 1/12/2013 - New Year's Goals and Resolutions

http://bagsfosho.wordpress.com

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by SpielmanGilchrist View Post
    Obama will lose by at least 10 points....sig it!!!