Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: OK - Now I'm a Jim Kelly Believer !

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Like its not now?
    Maybe he means Matt Millen style..

as bad as we have been, we've never been that bad.
    Goonies Never Say Die
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Cordy "The Tank" Glenn
    2014 Adopt-a-Bill: Stephon "Stickybomb" Gilmore

2014 BBMB NFL Pickem

Quote Originally Posted by bilzfancy View Post
    I am firmly convinced that things have been happenning behind the closed doors for the last few years that will ensure the Bills remain in Buffalo. I also believe that a new ownership is already in place to take over when the time is right. I also think that there will be a new stadium in the next 5-7 years.
    I've been reading your posts for several years on these forums, and I am pretty sure you have connections inside the Bills organization.

Therefore, I will put a good bit of stock into this post.
    Welcome to Buffalo, Ken Whisenhunt!

Quote Originally Posted by POZitive View Post
    I've been reading your posts for several years on these forums, and I am pretty sure you have connections inside the Bills organization.

Yeah I believe this too ....
    I have been off the EJ is a "franchise QB" bandwagon since week 2 of 2013 season vs Carolina

lol people believe anything nowadays so guillable and dumb and who ever thinks Kelly taking over as the team not so gream i honestly hope he has minimal involvment with it once ralph passes and that a new owner just gets football people in there and gets rid of every single clown from the front office..... Look at Michale Jordan hes a gm/part owner of the charrolate bobcats worst drafting and worst team in the Nba thats how i feel like kellys going to be ! and hows kellys attitude in person ? ive heard jordan is the biggest ********
    http://boards.buffalobills.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154848&dateline=13370  34283

I don't believe one word of this, the Bills just spent $100 M & now are being cheap? Get a life guy.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=4446060

No huddle. 2009. You have misremembered.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonavenger View Post
    Say what you want about that, but I remember actual interviews being given to Trent Edwards and their fast start in '08 due in large part to the No Huddle.
    "I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it."

Missy Misdemeanor Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by scottdk View Post
    Who is a winner? Jim kelly? You feeling ok?
    Yeah, Jim Kelly IS a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by AM33 View Post
    lol people believe anything nowadays so guillable and dumb and who ever thinks Kelly taking over as the team not so gream i honestly hope he has minimal involvment with it once ralph passes and that a new owner just gets football people in there and gets rid of every single clown from the front office..... Look at Michale Jordan hes a gm/part owner of the charrolate bobcats worst drafting and worst team in the Nba thats how i feel like kellys going to be ! and hows kellys attitude in person ? ive heard jordan is the biggest ********
    I've got to be honest. This is one of the hardest posts I've ever attempted to read. But, I think I deciphered the code.

Some former athletes aren't good front office guys. Some former athletes are good front office guys.

You bring up "Michale" Jordan. So I will bring up Ozzie Newsome. John Elway has done well.
    "I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it."

Missy Misdemeanor Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by POZitive View Post

fancy IS Ralph Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by BeastOfTheEast View Post
    Yeah, Jim Kelly IS a winner.

No question there.

The next owner will have to raise revenues SIGNIFICANTLY to get a decent corporate return on the franchise. That means seating licenses, REAL box seats and tripling the ticket prices for starters.

God bless, but Buffalo cannot afford that unless the owner wants to hemorrhage $80-100Million a year.

Non-football people were making the day to day decisions three years ago when Jauron was the head coach, WHY HASN'T ANYONE BEEN HIRED TO FIX THIS?

lets hope jimbo will be sober!!!!!

There is a plan! Of course there is, millionaires always have a plan in place! What that plan is though is what is wide open! If Jim's involvement means our beloved bills stay in western NY I'm all for it! Even if we never have a winner! Why because sometimes they provide us with exciting games! I'm sure browns fans are cool with 0-16 verse's the ravens ring!

I believe it, except for the "within a budget" thing. They spent a ton of money this past off-season.

I get the feeling the OP is telling the truth about what he heard. Jim Kelly has certainly toned down his talk about having investors to buy the team and keep it in Buffalo even with daily involvement with the team.
    Why couldn't Ralph have something in his will making Jim the President of the Bills upon his death? The have Jim co-ordinate the sale of the Bills with Ralph's family. Didn't Ralph give Jim $1 mil at his retirement?
    Maybe the tight budget remarks refer to the coaching staff. Let's face it the facts that Ralph has never paid for HC's or their assistants.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh14069 View Post
    I'm NOT a kid making up a bunch of BS to get attention. I was a huge, huge doubter about Jim Kelly's involvement with the future of the Bills. I'm not a huge fan of Jim's ability to be an effective Manager of anything.

This past week, through friends and my daughter, I had the opportunity to go out with 2 mid-level Bills Executives (marketing & administrative) for Halloween parties at Orchard Park bistro's. It's quite obvious they don't normally talk Bills business with anyone outside the organization. Both live on the same street as my daughter and are friends of hers through their same age children.

After a "few" beers they told me a few things and their general concerns about their future with the Bills. You can believe me or not. I have no reason to make this up. I don't need attention on this Board.

These type posts are always subject to scrutiny, but all the points make sense. Kelly started opening his mouth about investors, then the talk just died. I'm surprised anyone wouldn't remember the "no Huddle" debacle. That was our T.O year. and there is no surprise about the GM's tight budget.

Quote Originally Posted by grundy208 View Post
    I've got to be honest. This is one of the hardest posts I've ever attempted to read. But, I think I deciphered the code.

Some former athletes aren't good front office guys. Some former athletes are good front office guys.

You bring up "Michale" Jordan. So I will bring up Ozzie Newsome. John Elway has done well.
    lol was doing multiple things at once so kind of ****ed that post up...but i'm not saying he won't be great or bad i'm just saying people are expecting so much out of kelly just because he was the greatest QB we had they believe that somehow is going to transition into him being a great owner/gm for us when ralph passes i would rather just have a new owner/front office someone who isnt currently assosicated with the front office we have in place
    http://boards.buffalobills.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154848&dateline=13370  34283

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    fancy IS Ralph Wilson
    well I am catching up to his age

​A True American Hero

"If ever a man had it all, it would have to be me"

"living is easy with eyes closed"

​"believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear"

Quote Originally Posted by row_33 View Post
    No question there.

The next owner will have to raise revenues SIGNIFICANTLY to get a decent corporate return on the franchise. That means seating licenses, REAL box seats and tripling the ticket prices for starters.

God bless, but Buffalo cannot afford that unless the owner wants to hemorrhage $80-100Million a year.
    You don't have to raise prices to field a competitive team. What's the best way to make money? By putting something on the field worth seeing. Games would sell out in December if this team was constantly in the thick of things like they were in the 90's. There is a reason we lead the league in attendance for many years.

sig by Slinkcsubacca

2012 Adopt-a-Bill: Rian Lindell
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Alan Branch

Quote Originally Posted by Jlewis16 View Post
    You don't have to raise prices to field a competitive team. What's the best way to make money? By putting something on the field worth seeing. Games would sell out in December if this team was constantly in the thick of things like they were in the 90's. There is a reason we lead the league in attendance for many years.
    The next owner will have to raise prices to help recoup the cost of buying the team. Ralph paid $25K 40+ years ago but a new owner will have to plunk down $800M for it.