Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Fitz goes, so does Steve Johnson's success?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Russian View Post
    He is hitting 61% of his passes. He has 1000 yards the last two seasons WITH Fitz. Fitz is having his best statistical season in his career. I am not sure I agree with what you are saying. I do agree that Fitz is not accurate.
    Im talking just the ones targetting stevie. He has been targeted 63 times this year and has 32 catches. Thats 31 misses. Now lets assume that 10 of those incompletions are stevies fault either through drops or getting beat by his defender. That leaves 21 misses. If Fitz hits stevie on half of those thats about 8 more receptions. Assuming that he gets his average ypc (12.1) on each catcb that adds 96.8 yards to his current total of 387. That gives him 484ish yards. That moves him up from the 46th ranked WR to the 24th. Big difference. Now the top 10 wrs in the league average 47 completions each. If he had that many receptions hed be up to the 15th reciever in the league. 7 of the top 10 wrs have 70+ targets so far, 1 actually has 92. With a better QB i have no doubt stevie would have better stats. More likely a higher average ypc due to longer passes as well which would make him go even higher.
    Adopt A Bill 2012 & 2013: Jairus Byrd

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    Im talking just the ones targetting stevie. He has been targeted 63 times this year and has 32 catches. Thats 31 misses. Now lets assume that 10 of those incompletions are stevies fault either through drops or getting beat by his defender. That leaves 21 misses. If Fitz hits stevie on half of those thats about 8 more receptions. Assuming that he gets his average ypc (12.1) on each catcb that adds 96.8 yards to his current total of 387. That gives him 484ish yards. That moves him up from the 46th ranked WR to the 24th. Big difference. Now the top 10 wrs in the league average 47 completions each. If he had that many receptions hed be up to the 15th reciever in the league. 7 of the top 10 wrs have 70+ targets so far, 1 actually has 92. With a better QB i have no doubt stevie would have better stats. More likely a higher average ypc due to longer passes as well which would make him go even higher.
    And I think this is perfectly valid.

Like I said he should have had a 50 yard TD against the Pats, but Fitzpatrick sailed the throw.

He missed 2 throws to Steve at the very least against Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by GMBNix View Post
    See now you follow me around making things up. I don't know what your obsession is why you like to troll me but it is disturbing.
    I don't actually "follow you around", it seems you're everywhere on this board or we have a lot in common as far as what we're interested in reading

Go Bills!!!
    Marcel, Kyle Williams, and Mario Williams in for the sack. Its a ham sandwich!!!!

"The only things you will regret in life are the risks not taken"

Nice analysis, it illustrates Fitz's inability to be accurate on the medium to intermediate throws. Sometimes he throws some beauties and sometimes lame ducks. Either way, he's inconsistent a lot of the time and that's showing up in Stevie's stats.

Go Bills!!!
    Marcel, Kyle Williams, and Mario Williams in for the sack. Its a ham sandwich!!!!

"The only things you will regret in life are the risks not taken"

Can someone tell me how many TDs this season have come from screens?

Fitz is throwing tons of TD's I think he helped Stevie become where hes at. Stevie is also a role receiver on a good team. He's not in the top ten and arguably not in the top 20. I think if they didnt have to throw the ball 35 times a game their numbers ironically would better but alas when you give up over 30 points every game teams can key in on routes. When fitz throws less than 25 times

Like Ive said many times perceived top Qbs are often paired with really good defenses which help mitigate bad turnovers and mistakes be erased quickly. The more I read this board the more I realize people dont understand that relationship despite an insane about of evidence. I think Ill call it Brady syndrome.

Still doesn't make him elite, like I said he is a good receiver but FAR from elite.

Quote Originally Posted by NHNEPATFAN View Post
    Still doesn't make him elite, like I said he is a good receiver but FAR from elite.
    Bandwagon fan is back. Even pats fans hate you. He has a Jets name a Bills name hand a Miami name on different forums. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdot View Post
    Fitz is throwing tons of TD's I think he helped Stevie become where hes at. Stevie is also a role receiver on a good team. He's not in the top ten and arguably not in the top 20. I think if they didnt have to throw the ball 35 times a game their numbers ironically would better but alas when you give up over 30 points every game teams can key in on routes. When fitz throws less than 25 times

Like Ive said many times perceived top Qbs are often paired with really good defenses which help mitigate bad turnovers and mistakes be erased quickly. The more I read this board the more I realize people dont understand that relationship despite an insane about of evidence. I think Ill call it Brady syndrome.
    So much wrong with this statement to even explain.

If we had a real QB Stevie would be 10 times better

Has the OP actually watched where Fitz delivers the ball to SJ?
    The throws are high,behind and generally off target, SJ is good in spite of our bearded QB.
    A guy that is accurate will keep SJ more healthy and turn him into a Pro Bowl player, just like Kelly did for Andre Reed.

Stevie is wide open on almost every play. I think tyat says all you need to know.

This ^^^^^^^^

Fitz is the master of the 5 yard dink pass but im pretty sure they can find someone who can throw the dink just as good

Quote Originally Posted by GMBNix View Post
    So much wrong with this statement to even explain.
    You may have Brady syndrome.

The stats are in my favour.

There are very few elite QBs in the league and even fewer true QBs among the all time greats. Only Brady can consistently throw 50 passes a game and carry a team with a below average D.

Fitz isnt an elite Qb. He is average. Like I said, when he throws under 25 passes the team is a playoff team. Its not a playoff team because the defense is garbage. Theres many SB QBs that were average but mistakes were covered up by good defenses.

Ill stick by my comments SJ13 is a good, not great wr. The fitz comparable in the wr class. They have put up a ton of TD's and points. If they didnt have to pass all the time because the D gave up 30+ on a frequent basis both their numbers would look much better.

Lee Evans got hurt in Baltimore and Torrey Smith stepped in during his absence and played out of his skull. If Lee had remained healthy, who knows? I believe Lee Evans and Stevie Johnson would both have greatly benefited from an elite QB. Stevie was open on back to back plays in the first quarter of the Arizona game and Fitz couldn't get him the ball. Even an average QB makes those throws.

Quote Originally Posted by lonce View Post
    Has the OP actually watched where Fitz delivers the ball to SJ?
    The throws are high,behind and generally off target, SJ is good in spite of our bearded QB.
    A guy that is accurate will keep SJ more healthy and turn him into a Pro Bowl player, just like Kelly did for Andre Reed.
    Yes I do watch and generally they are actually on target (he completes 61%) but they are short passes mostly. He also has a fair amount of passes that are not on target, I am not disputing that. FITZ IS INACCURATE FITZ IS INACCURATE I KNOW!!!!!! OP wrote things that you obviously did not read. Even though he is innacrrate with some of the throws does not mean that it is not possible that Fitz could happen to be a great QB for Steve Johnson. I'm not even saying that Steve would suck without Fitz, but it is possible his production would go down, different QB's have different skill sets and they don't always match each WR.

Steve has a subset of desirable WR talent not that indifferent that Fitz who has a subset of desirable QB talent. They happen to match up well on the areas they excel at.

[QUOTE=GMBNix;6409893]Bandwagon fan is back. Even pats fans hate you. He has a Jets name a Bills name hand a Miami name on different forums. True story.[/QUOTE

What's wrong, you can't provide any info on why Stevie boy is elite, cuz he's not. True story on all forums!

This is not a good thread. A quarterback with no accuracy and no arm strength is good for Stevie? Really? Really? That is like saying that Eric Decker and Demarius Thomas are better WR's if Tim Tebow was still there quarterback in Denver, instead of Peyton Manning.
    Trade down...

1. Cordarelle Patterson (WR)
    2.(a) Ryan Nassib (QB)
    2.(b) Keenan Allen (WR)
    3.(a) Tyrann Matthieu (CB)
    3.(b) Jon Bostic (ILB)
    4. Jelani Jenkins (OLB)
    5. Gavin Escobar (TE)
    6. Garrett Chilkey(OG)

Quote Originally Posted by Jdot View Post
    You may have Brady syndrome.

The stats are in my favour.

There are very few elite QBs in the league and even fewer true QBs among the all time greats. Only Brady can consistently throw 50 passes a game and carry a team with a below average D.

Fitz isnt an elite Qb. He is average. Like I said, when he throws under 25 passes the team is a playoff team. Its not a playoff team because the defense is garbage. Theres many SB QBs that were average but mistakes were covered up by good defenses.

Ill stick by my comments SJ13 is a good, not great wr. The fitz comparable in the wr class. They have put up a ton of TD's and points. If they didnt have to pass all the time because the D gave up 30+ on a frequent basis both their numbers would look much better.
    Shhh... just let it go. Your last post says it all about what you actually know which is nadda so I didn't bother to read this.
    Last edited by GMBNix; 11-04-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Is Stevie really getting open every play or are you all basing that on 1 artical that said so and showed 3 plays to back it up. If he is indeed getting open on every play is that because he is that good or because of the defenses design. Remember... you all say the defenses play the bills, the way they do, because Fitz cant throw more then 5 yards. If thats true then they are probably playing soft and dont care that he gets open. Also, if he supposedly gets open every play then he is the best reciever in game. No reciever gets open every play. Whats the likelyhood that we have the best reciever, in the NFL, and he was a late draft pick.