Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: Nix sure is a cocky son of a gun...

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    16,465

    Default

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    Quote Originally Posted by Otishawk View Post
    It is not confidence, it is an EGO and an inability to accept his many mistakes, especially in the draft (Troup, Carrington, Sheppard, A. Williams) that is causing this franchise to regress.
    Ego, that is a possibility, I personally dont think so since Nix has never been exactly laballed as arrogant or an egomaniac.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    16,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    Personally i think he was trying to say that he isnt going to give up and resign. Basically said im not going to stop trying to fix this team until either it turns around or wilson fires me.
    Hiddenlight has it right, spot on.

    End thread!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Arcade, NY
    Posts
    26,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    Personally i think he was trying to say that he isnt going to give up and resign. Basically said im not going to stop trying to fix this team until either it turns around or wilson fires me.
    I agree with you that was exactly what he was saying.

    Of course in BBMB crybaby-hysterics-land, what he actually said doesn't matter. He's just a cocky arrogant SOB for his comment.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Why is there SO MUCH discussion coming from the GENERAL MANAGER, “this week”? I suspect that he SUSPECTS, “CORRECTLY” that the Bills are going into Houston, Texas and defeat this great Houston Texans football team and he is getting OUT FRONT of the great GLORY that is about to happen for the Buffalo Bills organization. If this general manager was any good on his own merits, then Vince Young would be playing for the Buffalo Bills, READY TO START on Monday if Ryan Fitzpatrick lost this game on Sunday, which Ryan Fitzpatrick IS NOT going to lose, but not because of the GENERAL MANAGER.

    It is almost LUNATIC for a general manager or coach or ANYBODY not recognizing the correlation of great quarterback play in terms of “TURNING THE FOOTBALL OVER” to the other team and the overall won/loss record. It doesn't matter how thick your walls are on your house, when your roof is made out of tissue paper, which TURNING THE BALL OVER is tantamount to having a tissue paper roof on your house WHEN IT IS RAINING and then you can't understand why your Picasso or Van Gogh painting got wet and ruined along with everything else in your “thick walled” house (The team is LOSING).

    The Bills are GOING TO WIN on Sunday, not because of the GENERAL MANAGER. The Bills are going to win BECAUSE Ryan Fitzpatrick will “NOT TURN THE BALL OVER”, especially at the MOST IMPORTANT times in the game, where the momentum swings toward the Bills winning or not. And the Bills are going to win BECAUSE the coach, Chan Gailey is GOING to call the offensive plays better where he calls for bringing out the umbrella WHEN IT'S RAINING, putting on snow boots WHEN IT IS SNOWING, putting on a tee shirt rather than putting on a wool over coat WHEN IT IS HOT OUTSIDE, “NOT” like he has done in games lost this year, where he calls for snow shoes when the temp is 90 degrees or not open his umbrella when it's raining or turn on his head lights in the day and leave the head lights off at night and etc., etc. In other words, the coach WILL MAKE the APPROPRIATE calls that are APPROPRIATE at the APPROPRIATE time to keep the momentum away from the Houston Texans until the game is OUT OF REACH for them, the Houston Texans, to win it.

    And WHEN those two things happen (Don't turn the ball over and call the game in a way that keeps the Houston Texans “off balance”), the Bills DEFENSE WILL LOOK GREAT! And the ONLY TIME keeping the other team OFF BALANCE is not an issue is WHEN THEY CAN'T STOP ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING when they know what you are doing. If that is the case, it would be nice for the Bills, but I wouldn't count on that strategy, so keeping them OFF BALANCE will be the best approach mostly needed for THIS SUCCESS over the Houston Texans.

    Like the house with a tissue paper roof top, NO DEFENSE will play its best, when their quarterback is going to turn the ball over and keep the Defense in BAD SITUATIONS. Most good quarterbacks only need the defense to stop two or three “critical” drives and they can do the rest. Tom Brady and Eli Manning need JUST ONE critical stop by their defenses to win a football game. So, for the general manager to ask HOW MANY POINTS does a team need to WIN, when Ryan Fitzpatrick just needed to RUN THE CLOCK OUT for THREE MINUTES, yet he praises Ryan Fitzpatrick for his “STATS” is the pinnacle of “IGNORANCE” in terms of understanding winning football, in ADDITION to him firing Vince Young and MAKE US have to DEPEND on just Ryan Fitzpatrick to get to the Super Bowl.

    Anyway, “THIS IS NOT THE TIME” to be hearing from a GENERAL MANAGER when the team is about to go into Houston and DESTROY the Houston Texans! Why? Because the Bills NOW have “GOOD INFORMATION” as to what it takes to win. That is: If they have been reading here on this site, which I am CONFIDENT that they have. I'm so confident of a WIN, I thought today was SUNDAY! Can hardly wait for the Bills to get onto these Texans!
    Last edited by AlabamaWCH; 11-03-2012 at 01:18 PM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Posts
    26,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    Personally i think he was trying to say that he isnt going to give up and resign. Basically said im not going to stop trying to fix this team until either it turns around or wilson fires me.

    I'd amend that slightly. To me, it appeared he wasn't crossing out resigning, but he was absolutely saying that nobody is going to drive him out. To me he was saying that if he gets fired, he'll go, but if not, he'll resign on his own terms in his own time.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Rochester NY
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    IT is known as self confidence.

    If he wasn't confident, you would be screaming about what a whimp the guy is.

    Either way posters are going to dump on him.
    No. If he wins, they'll worship him. But he's a loser. So they don't. It's that simple.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Rochester NY
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaWCH View Post
    Why is there SO MUCH discussion coming from the GENERAL MANAGER, “this week”? I suspect that he SUSPECTS, “CORRECTLY” that the Bills are going into Houston, Texas and defeat this great Houston Texans football team and he is getting OUT FRONT of the great GLORY that is about to happen for the Buffalo Bills organization. If this general manager was any good on his own merits, then Vince Young would be playing for the Buffalo Bills, READY TO START on Monday if Ryan Fitzpatrick lost this game on Sunday, which Ryan Fitzpatrick IS NOT going to lose, but not because of the GENERAL MANAGER.

    It is almost LUNATIC for a general manager or coach or ANYBODY not recognizing the correlation of great quarterback play in terms of “TURNING THE FOOTBALL OVER” to the other team and the overall won/loss record. It doesn't matter how thick your walls are on your house, when your roof is made out of tissue paper, which TURNING THE BALL OVER is tantamount to having a tissue paper roof on your house WHEN IT IS RAINING and then you can't understand why your Picasso or Van Gogh painting got wet and ruined along with everything else in your “thick walled” house (The team is LOSING).

    The Bills are GOING TO WIN on Sunday, not because of the GENERAL MANAGER. The Bills are going to win BECAUSE Ryan Fitzpatrick will “NOT TURN THE BALL OVER”, especially at the MOST IMPORTANT times in the game, where the momentum swings toward the Bills winning or not. And the Bills are going to win BECAUSE the coach, Chan Gailey is GOING to call the offensive plays better where he calls for bringing out the umbrella WHEN IT'S RAINING, putting on snow boots WHEN IT IS SNOWING, putting on a tee shirt rather than putting on a wool over coat WHEN IT IS HOT OUTSIDE, “NOT” like he has done in games lost this year, where he calls for snow shoes when the temp is 90 degrees or not open his umbrella when it's raining or turn on his head lights in the day and leave the head lights off at night and etc., etc. In other words, the coach WILL MAKE the APPROPRIATE calls that are APPROPRIATE at the APPROPRIATE time to keep the momentum away from the Houston Texans until the game is OUT OF REACH for them, the Houston Texans, to win it.

    And WHEN those two things happen (Don't turn the ball over and call the game in a way that keeps the Houston Texans “off balance”), the Bills DEFENSE WILL LOOK GREAT! And the ONLY TIME keeping the other team OFF BALANCE is not an issue is WHEN THEY CAN'T STOP ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING when they know what you are doing. If that is the case, it would be nice for the Bills, but I wouldn't count on that strategy, so keeping them OFF BALANCE will be the best approach mostly needed for THIS SUCCESS over the Houston Texans.

    Like the house with a tissue paper roof top, NO DEFENSE will play its best, when their quarterback is going to turn the ball over and keep the Defense in BAD SITUATIONS. Most good quarterbacks only need the defense to stop two or three “critical” drives and they can do the rest. Tom Brady and Eli Manning need JUST ONE critical stop by their defenses to win a football game. So, for the general manager to ask HOW MANY POINTS does a team need to WIN, when Ryan Fitzpatrick just needed to RUN THE CLOCK OUT for THREE MINUTES, yet he praises Ryan Fitzpatrick for his “STATS” is the pinnacle of “IGNORANCE” in terms of understanding winning football, in ADDITION to him firing Vince Young and MAKE US have to DEPEND on just Ryan Fitzpatrick to get to the Super Bowl.

    Anyway, “THIS IS NOT THE TIME” to be hearing from a GENERAL MANAGER when the team is about to go into Houston and DESTROY the Houston Texans! Why? Because the Bills NOW have “GOOD INFORMATION” as to what it takes to win. That is: If they have been reading here on this site, which I am CONFIDENT that they have. I'm so confident of a WIN, I thought today was SUNDAY! Can hardly wait for the Bills to get onto these Texans!
    I nominate this for the ridiculous post hall of fame. Good job buddy.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    3,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    Someone using reason and not emotion. If BBMB posters had their way, would have a new GM and coach every year.
    As I've stated before....confidence if that's what you want to call it, is great.....when you've earned the right to be. No body is stating that he should be a coward & that he shouldn't "scratch & claw"....but I'm sure you realize that when you're a winner......what you say isn't scrutinized as much. However, I do applaud him for taking his time out to do the interview in the 1rst place, but now it's time to apply a sense of urgency...so talking about drafting a QB & Gailey keeping his job lights a fire under this team RIGHT NOW how exactly? Pardon me, I almost forgot, it's only an interview...what goes on in house @ OBD is almost the completely opposite of the smoke & mirror display that those looking in are witnessing.

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    Personally i think he was trying to say that he isnt going to give up and resign. Basically said im not going to stop trying to fix this team until either it turns around or wilson fires me.
    Is Ralph even in the position to fire him right now is the question? Football is probably the last thing on Ralph's mind right now....how many updates have we received on his health? Could this be a case of the warden being out on vacation & the "next in command" overestimating his power? Even his comments on drafting a QB & the timing of it....is this the PR marketing spin being proactive & trying to find a way to keep the fans engaged in the event that this team enters one of it's seemingly customary losing stretches? (8 games in a row 2010 & 7 in a row in 2011)

    Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    Yeah, I think so.

    He's saying only my boss has control of whether or not I go, unless I decide to resign. Pretty much every one of us could say the same thing. Most of us wouldn't bother, but most of us don't have thousands of people on the internet evaluating the job we've done, most of whom don't have patience enough to wait till it's reasonable to make good evaluations.
    I have no problem with patience, but @ what point does patience become complacency? Was it patience when they extended Fitz last season? I look @ it this way......when all of the signs are pointing in the right direction....then YES, you show patience. In 3 weeks, this team could very well be 3-7...& seasons end, we could easily be sitting @ 5-11 or 6-10 again. So, imo....Nix's comments about Gailey's job is premature.

    Honestly, the AJ Smith approach is a more reasonable one in this case. The defense is playing abysmal, the QB is throwing momentum swinging int's...."Everybody's job needs to be evaluated if this team doesn't finish over .500".... whether that includes his or not.

    Gentlemen....you know what happens if you wait too long on a sinking ship.....you drown right along with it.
    Last edited by GodZnKingZ; 11-03-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    ↱7↯

    RD 1: WR Sammy Watkins
    RD 2: OT Cyrus Kouandjio
    RD 3: LB Preston Brown
    Rd 4: DB Ross Cockrell
    Rd 5: OG Cyril Richardson
    Rd 6: WR Mike Williams via Buccaneers trade
    Rd 7: LB Randall Johnson
    Rd 7: OT Seantrell Henderson
    Rd 7 swap: RB Bryce Brown via Eagles trade 2015 3rd or 4th

    Oline = The Buffalo Bullies #OperationBulldozer is now in effect!

    #IMDB: http://www.imdb.me/aqen-aten
    #Facebook: Alphonso A'Qen-Aten Jackson
    #Instagram: AQenAten
    #Twitter: @AQenAten

    ↟☯7♠↲

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,981

    Default

    you gotta love the homers who still believe in this guy that has produced after sunday a 13-27 record and he is just as much to blame for it as is gailey, fitz and the whole front office. 13 wins in 40 games, WHERE DOES THE FOOLISH OPTIMISM COME FROM ?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    9,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodZnKingZ View Post
    Here's an excerpt from an article on Yahoo! entitled: "Bills GM backs Gailey; QB a question mark"



    I wonder what has happened in these 3 seasons that can make him so confident? What is the diagnosis on Ralph @ the current moment? Is Nix's statement backed by complete front office support OR is it a by-product of Ralph's current health situation?

    Or maybe this is a case of me just reading into it a bit to much?

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bills-g...9749--nfl.html
    stop trying to stir things and say what has he done to b so confident..
    Don't get hit


  11. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, N. C.
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    How do you know he doesn"t work hard? Because he hasn't picked up a player with "character issues" recently, that has been their stated MO, you might not agree with it but it is not indicative that he doesn't "fight and claw".

    So you want to compare him to the Pats, gee, that is a fair comparison. Do that & 28 other GMs dont match up either.
    We are told Buddy has complete football control, but what has he done this season other than sign Merriman a few times? Deals are out there if you are aggressive and unafraid. Saying there is nothing out there to be had, is a cop out, but he knows we can't prove otherwise, because the doubletalk and propoganda at OBD is about the same as it is in Washington D.C. And FYI, you assuming he does work tirelessly is less believable than me assuming he doesn't. The proof is in the pudding. JMO
    _________________________________________________

    The world is comprised of three types of people:
    1. Wolves
    2. Sheep
    3. Those that protect the Sheep from the Wolves
    Proud to be a lifelong member of category #3

    The human race is doomed when the forces of good refuse to aggressively confront the forces of evil.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, N. C.
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    BTW - The Saints acquired LB Barrett Ruud for a 5th, the Giants acquired LB Keith Rivers for a 5th, and the Eagles acquired LB DeMeco Ryans for a 4th. At least two of them would start on this team. Where was Buddy?????
    _________________________________________________

    The world is comprised of three types of people:
    1. Wolves
    2. Sheep
    3. Those that protect the Sheep from the Wolves
    Proud to be a lifelong member of category #3

    The human race is doomed when the forces of good refuse to aggressively confront the forces of evil.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tulsa Ok
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodZnKingZ View Post
    Here's an excerpt from an article on Yahoo! entitled: "Bills GM backs Gailey; QB a question mark"



    I wonder what has happened in these 3 seasons that can make him so confident? What is the diagnosis on Ralph @ the current moment? Is Nix's statement backed by complete front office support OR is it a by-product of Ralph's current health situation?

    Or maybe this is a case of me just reading into it a bit to much?

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bills-g...9749--nfl.html
    It means Ralph needs to die for us to ever clear up this mess

  14. #34
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    IT is known as self confidence.

    If he wasn't confident, you would be screaming about what a whimp the guy is.

    Either way posters are going to dump on him.



    Yer god**** right im gonna dump on him.
    He has proven nothing since taking over this sinking ship........and in fact, were worse off now than weve ever been.
    He cannot draft. He cant evaluate talent and has given too much control to Chan as the HC.

    Shameful.
    Can you dig it?

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NOT Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EscapedfromNY View Post
    BTW - The Saints acquired LB Barrett Ruud for a 5th, the Giants acquired LB Keith Rivers for a 5th, and the Eagles acquired LB DeMeco Ryans for a 4th. At least two of them would start on this team. Where was Buddy?????
    Buddy thought the price was to high for those LB's to sit the bench next to T. Jackson learning the playbook because they're not going to get snaps in practice.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    I was a big fan of buddy and the way he spoke of the Bills with passion like a guy that is actually driven to get the Bills winning again, but there was one thing in particular earlier in the year he said that made me realize this guy is really stubborn and can't be taken too seriously... "Fitz will not throw any more interceptions"... uh..what?? That was after Week 1 in fact. One of the worst traits for a GM or Coach is being stubborn...These old guys are the epitome of being stubborn...being stubborn means they refuse to admit to failure in approach and refuse to make necessary adjustments during the course of a season. Wannstedt, Gailey, and to a lesser extent Nix absolutely refuse to make the necessary adjustments.
    Haiku: Time to make a change // Seven years at dead end job // Bye boss wont miss you | Follow my journey

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,870

    Default

    I think this adds on to your comment.

    The Bills have gone through five coaches since Marv Levy retired 15 years ago. Nix said some of those changes were made to satisfy the fan base.

    "You appease 'em for about three months, and then when you line up you gotta do it again," Nix said
    I think what he is saying here is that they are done making changes to appease the fan base and that they are going with what they think. Wilson is old and in poor health. They wont be going through another rebuild. They are going the continuity route. A new owner may change that but this is the staff they are sticking with until that time.

    Nix fully believes in Chan:

    "I think Chan is the best -- he's one of the best offensive coaches in the league. We're playing three phases of our team -- two of them are playing well and we have to get the other one up to par."
    Nix also still believes in Fitz:

    "Listen, you score 34 points, you're supposed to win the **** game," Nix said. "How many do we have to score?"
    Nix on the continuity route:

    I hope I can put that to rest," Nix told the Buffalo News on Saturday. "The age-old thing -- and they've done it around here for years -- is to start over about every three years. What that does is make **** sure you don't make it.


    You change every three years and you never quite get there. That's my take."
    Whether you agree or disagree doesnt matter. This is what Nix believe and he is the guy in charge.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TulsaBillzFan View Post
    It means Ralph needs to die for us to ever clear up this mess
    This is the second time that I seen you bring this up. You are a sick **** to wish death on someone for a stupid football game.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    18,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koko78 View Post
    I agree with you that was exactly what he was saying.

    Of course in BBMB crybaby-hysterics-land, what he actually said doesn't matter. He's just a cocky arrogant SOB for his comment.
    Nope, he just wouldn't be a GM for any other organization. His record here speaks for itself-esp. the division record...poor scouting, drafting still....he's not the answer for GM.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    18,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    This is the second time that I seen you bring this up. You are a sick **** to wish death on someone for a stupid football game.
    your right..we disagree and complain, but it is still a game...it's not worth wishing someone's life to end, that's for sure..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •