Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: 5 QBs I think Buddy Nix will be targeting

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,393

    Default

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    Quote Originally Posted by jayryp80 View Post
    Please stop with this ridiculous argument.

    John Parker Wilson and Greg Mcelroy "won" with Alabama. Playing for an NFL factory and winning games doesn't mean you "win."
    There was more to the post than just "those 3 words" you chose to exclusively use just to try to make your point...however, I don't recall Parker Wilson or McElroy not throwing any interceptions or having a 180+ QB rating...yes the Defense is the best but his numbers also prove that he is a good QB playing against top competition too.

    2012 Adopt-A-Bill: T.J. Graham

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,207

    Default

    Tyler Bray. He's Eli Manning 2.0

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the Hearts and Souls of many children.... i'm a tape worm.
    Posts
    19,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhySoSerious View Post
    Question how good is McCarron? I haven't really been able to watch that many Alabama games this year
    As a diehard bama fan and someone who watched AJ since I heard he made a soft verbal commit in high school, this kid is the real deal. He isn't putting up big numbers because he is playing Sabans game. Run + defense.

    But he is very efficient and can make all the throws.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    25,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brivers View Post
    As a diehard bama fan and someone who watched AJ since I heard he made a soft verbal commit in high school, this kid is the real deal. He isn't putting up big numbers because he is playing Sabans game. Run + defense.

    But he is very efficient and can make all the throws.
    I don't see why, with a new DC who's complex and competant, that we can't use San Francisco as the template. McCarron could be our Alex Smith. I doubt he's a first round pick so we could possibly get Te'o to be our Willis. We have guys who can rush the passer but the scheme is really bland.
    Adopt-A-Bill 2014: Kenny Ladler

    Quote Originally Posted by AZbacker View Post
    I want to see two plays. Run and play action bomb.

    I'll call it the "Dubstep" system.

    Run, run, run, run, BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMB!!! run, run, run, BOOOOOMMMMBBB, run, BOOOOOMMMMBBBB!!!! Bomb, bomb, bomb, BOOOOOMMMMMMBB!!!

    My OC will be replaced by a DJ

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brivers View Post
    As a diehard bama fan and someone who watched AJ since I heard he made a soft verbal commit in high school, this kid is the real deal. He isn't putting up big numbers because he is playing Sabans game. Run + defense.

    But he is very efficient and can make all the throws.
    He kinda reminds me Eli Manning.

    2012 Adopt-A-Bill: T.J. Graham

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto (905)
    Posts
    567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brivers View Post
    As a diehard bama fan and someone who watched AJ since I heard he made a soft verbal commit in high school, this kid is the real deal. He isn't putting up big numbers because he is playing Sabans game. Run + defense.

    But he is very efficient and can make all the throws.
    Thanks, another question: how good is his arm stretngth, and athleticism?
    I am guessing he is accurate and makes smart decision. I have to watch that Bama vs LSU game tonight

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    25,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhySoSerious View Post
    Thanks, another question: how good is his arm stretngth, and athleticism?
    I am guessing he is accurate and makes smart decision. I have to watch that Bama vs LSU game tonight
    He doesn't have a cannon of an arm but he throws a pretty pass. Try and have a look at the touchdown he threw to Cooper against Tennessee, great throw.
    Adopt-A-Bill 2014: Kenny Ladler

    Quote Originally Posted by AZbacker View Post
    I want to see two plays. Run and play action bomb.

    I'll call it the "Dubstep" system.

    Run, run, run, run, BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMB!!! run, run, run, BOOOOOMMMMBBB, run, BOOOOOMMMMBBBB!!!! Bomb, bomb, bomb, BOOOOOMMMMMMBB!!!

    My OC will be replaced by a DJ

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Are they going to let Nixs who picked Fitz pick our next QB?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    25,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drywater View Post
    Are they going to let Nixs who picked Fitz pick our next QB?
    Who is Nixs?
    Adopt-A-Bill 2014: Kenny Ladler

    Quote Originally Posted by AZbacker View Post
    I want to see two plays. Run and play action bomb.

    I'll call it the "Dubstep" system.

    Run, run, run, run, BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMB!!! run, run, run, BOOOOOMMMMBBB, run, BOOOOOMMMMBBBB!!!! Bomb, bomb, bomb, BOOOOOMMMMMMBB!!!

    My OC will be replaced by a DJ

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PABillsFan23 View Post
    No better than the QB before him who's currently holding a clipboard
    which is where pickspatrick should be right now but because of pure ignorance, he is allowed to keep adding to the pile of losses !

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manitobabillsfan View Post
    I almost think we draft 2 qbs, kind of like hedging our bet.
    ya we dont have any holes elsewhere

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STG44Tiger View Post
    Tyler Bray. He's Eli Manning 2.0
    yeah except in the 4th quarter instead of winning like eli, bray fumbles the game away

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    25,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hearywhistle69 View Post
    yeah except in the 4th quarter instead of winning like eli, bray fumbles the game away
    It's not coincidence that a 'bray' is the noise a donkey makes.
    Adopt-A-Bill 2014: Kenny Ladler

    Quote Originally Posted by AZbacker View Post
    I want to see two plays. Run and play action bomb.

    I'll call it the "Dubstep" system.

    Run, run, run, run, BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMB!!! run, run, run, BOOOOOMMMMBBB, run, BOOOOOMMMMBBBB!!!! Bomb, bomb, bomb, BOOOOOMMMMMMBB!!!

    My OC will be replaced by a DJ

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    7,428

    Default

    Pretty interesting that you say Nix won't touch Matt Barkley because of his geographical location, yet Nix was at a USC game scouting a couple weeks ago.

    I wonder who he was looking at?
    4-15-BUF 34

    (4:46) (Shotgun) 14-A.Dalton pass deep middle to 11-D.Sanzenbacher to BUF 11 for 23 yards (35-J.Leonhard). Caught in coverage at BUF 15.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    25,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V-Expression View Post
    Pretty interesting that you say Nix won't touch Matt Barkley because of his geographical location, yet Nix was at a USC game scouting a couple weeks ago.

    I wonder who he was looking at?
    Competent coaching, probably.
    Adopt-A-Bill 2014: Kenny Ladler

    Quote Originally Posted by AZbacker View Post
    I want to see two plays. Run and play action bomb.

    I'll call it the "Dubstep" system.

    Run, run, run, run, BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMB!!! run, run, run, BOOOOOMMMMBBB, run, BOOOOOMMMMBBBB!!!! Bomb, bomb, bomb, BOOOOOMMMMMMBB!!!

    My OC will be replaced by a DJ

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Lol. Jim Kelly has already been in Nix's ear about not drafting another California QB. Watch if the Bills even bring Barkley in for a workout next year.

  17. #37

    Default

    The more and more I watch Mike Glennon the more I like, his deep ball is very comparable to many of the elite passers and hits them right on stride, This is who I'm getting excited about so far. people will be moved all around by the combine and then leading up to the draft so who knows by then.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Liverpool/Buffalo
    Posts
    21,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V-Expression View Post
    Pretty interesting that you say Nix won't touch Matt Barkley because of his geographical location, yet Nix was at a USC game scouting a couple weeks ago.

    I wonder who he was looking at?
    Any fan who says that shouldn't be taken seriously.

    Barkley is a legit QB prospect and is a perfect fit for Chan.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    'Cuse
    Posts
    2,567

    Default

    Sell the farm to get Geno I dont care

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STG44Tiger View Post
    Tyler Bray. He's Eli Manning 2.0
    He has the most potential out of all the college QBs. He has an absolute cannon for an arm, and has one of the most beautiful deep balls I have seen (NFL included). Almost every throw he makes is a nice, tight spiral. He has some question marks (born in 1991, limited mobility) but I have been impressed with his arm, accuracy and touch. Give him until we are out of playoff hunt next year, then give him the keys.

    I would be stoked to get Wilson, Barkley, or Geno too. A few others I think could turn into something. While there are not many "guaranteed" NFL star QBs in this draft
    , there are PLENTY who have the potential to be special.

    I don't really get the "draft a defense first, then QB in later rounds" view...we have had that type of philosophy before and we have drafted busts or players that left...and had to put up with pathetic QB play for years. We have weapons galore on offense, lets get our man who will lead us into the future and utilize our talent. I almost think some fans are scared to draft a QB early bc of the potential heartbreak of another bust, but if we don't take a "chance" we probably won't be much better than we are now. Or they like cheering/complaining for the "lovable losers".
    Last edited by Thurmanator3434; 11-03-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •