Thread: This is what we were Told by Nix after his hiring.

Default This is what we were Told by Nix after his hiring.

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

This is a direct quote from his first press conference:
    "It doesn't matter what kind of splash we make today. What matters is two years and three years down the road, if we have this thing turned around in the right direction and we're winning," Nix said. "I know before I'm asked this, you're going to think I'm crazy, but we're not that far away."
    So how do you think he is doing 3 years later? Are we still not that far away, or even farther? Still no QB, only talk of a possible future one. Still a coach with a record even worse than Dick Jauron. Also, we're told this coach is pretty much going to be here for a long time no matter what happens the remainder of the year. Some of the worst defensive stats in team history. We have gotten rid of long time popular punter for El shanko. Two place kickers on current roster. Pile all of this crap on top of having a 94 year owner, the current lease and stadium problems, and we are in a heap of trouble.
    The Buffalo Bills, rebuilding since the mid 90's!

You should know by now that what Nix and Gailey say today...could be COMPLETELY different from what they say tomorrow.

However, I still LOVE the way they say it.

Those southern drawls are what keeps me listening.

Hmm interesting. It's "2 years later" now.
    "I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it."

Missy Misdemeanor Elliot

I think Nix does a great job finding talent in the draft, he is getting some bigger named players in FA that we haven't had here in awhile and he is trying to put together a solid football team. It is going to take time for the youngsters to gel on both sides of the ball and there are many 1st and 2nd year players playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdigity2 View Post
    I didn't know Mitt Romney was running the show
    Kinda ironic you post in a thread about the guy in charge of our football team not doing what he promised. you post about a presidential candidate ,trying to compare similiarities, yet the current president seems to be even more talk and more disappointment than our GM... Thanks for bringing politics into this also. Always ends good.

Who I wanted with our pick versus who we picked:
    1) Sammy Watkins/ Sammy Watkins
    2) Morgan Moses/ Cyrus Kouandjio
    3) Gabe Jackson/ Preston Brown
    4) Keith McGill/ Ross Cockrell
    5) Shane Skov/ Cyril Richardson
    7) Colt Lyerla/ Randell Johnson
    7) JC Copeland/ Seantrel Henderson

He had many people thinking the Bills were a playoff contender this year, that is a step in the right direction. But again, the coaching staff is on him also and he hired a guy no one else in the NFL would have hired.

Quote Originally Posted by dqw 87 View Post
    This is a direct quote from his first press conference:
    "It doesn't matter what kind of splash we make today. What matters is two years and three years down the road, if we have this thing turned around in the right direction and we're winning," Nix said. "I know before I'm asked this, you're going to think I'm crazy, but we're not that far away."
    So how do you think he is doing 3 years later? Are we still not that far away, or even farther? Still no QB, only talk of a possible future one. Still a coach with a record even worse than Dick Jauron. Also, we're told this coach is pretty much going to be here for a long time no matter what happens the remainder of the year. Some of the worst defensive stats in team history. We have gotten rid of long time popular punter for El shanko. Two place kickers on current roster. Pile all of this crap on top of having a 94 year owner, the current lease and stadium problems, and we are in a heap of trouble.

We're NOT three years down the road yet.

It kills me how you guys who're feeling negative think that that's a good justification for, what, bending time? Is that what you'd call it? Warping time? It hasn't been three years. At the end of the season it will have been three years. This isn't higher math.

Are we still not that far away? We're closer. Pretty close to where I figured we'd be at this point. I thought, and posted a bunch, that the defense would start very slow this year and get better in the second half, but even I didn't figure they'd be THIS bad. But yeah, I think they're going to improve as they get used to each other and get used to the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Stud37 View Post
    Kinda ironic you post in a thread about the guy in charge of our football team not doing what he promised. you post about a presidential candidate ,trying to compare similiarities, yet the current president seems to be even more talk and more disappointment than our GM... Thanks for bringing politics into this also. Always ends good.

And you didn't do the same? The economy's headed up, and more new jobs are being created. That's not talk. And it looks right now (though it's far from a sure thing) that enough Americans agree with him that he's going to get another term. You wanna criticize Sdigity for bringing in politics, fine, but if you criticize him for bringing in politics and then throw your own two cents in , that's not such a reasonable argument.

I only wish Nix and the Bills had the same odds of winning this week as Obama does. Or even the same odds as Romney. Both have better odds than the Bills this week, though I give them maybe a 10% chance.

The Economist, made up of professional economists just threw their support behind the President
    Since their are likely experts here who still think they know better than a bunch of economists (lol) shall we also ask them about our Bills?

Our team has improved, and we are better, but I understand people's frustrations because it's not happening quick enough for many of you
    The QB situation does not bother me at all, it'll get upgraded, it's the run defense that concerns me more
    Even we get that placebo franchise QB it will not stop the endless posts about that position
    But we cannot play above .500 until we can stop the run

jc

Were worse now than weve ever been.

Nix should show an ounce of pride, pack his bags and head right the hell outta town.
    Can you dig it?

Quote Originally Posted by pocari-sweat View Post

Nix should show an ounce of pride, pack his bags and head right the hell outta town.
    Not even close. Record wise but not roster wise. Bills in a much better situation for the future. It just wont happen with this coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Billsnation2010 View Post
    I think Nix does a great job finding talent in the draft, he is getting some bigger named players in FA that we haven't had here in awhile and he is trying to put together a solid football team. It is going to take time for the youngsters to gel on both sides of the ball and there are many 1st and 2nd year players playing.
    You do realize that the average age of the Bills roster is above average for the NFL as a whole, and that the Bills start fewer 1st and second year players than any other team in the AFC east.
    Its only OTA's
    Its only mini-camp
    Its only training camp
    Its only preseason
    Its only week 1, its a 16 week season.
    But if the Bills don't beat the Dolphins week 2, batten down the hatches, it will get ugly.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

stir the pot

I like that Nix brought up wanting a franchise QB but he has been saying that since day 1. If a QB comes available we will go after him if the cards land right for us to get him. Im still not confident enough in Nix doing it and have a horrible feeling he is going to stick us with another season of the Fitz or god forbid a season of the Thig. I dont like that this season we are still using the QB we already know failed as our starter, I mean so hes saying we need a QB because Fitz is not it but your going to have to suffer the remainder of the season because Nix couldnt even find a replacement for the remainder of the season so we might sell some games out. Why bother even going to the game? Cut Fitz and prove your done otherwise I agree with the OP and think its nothing but lies.

Ralph told us he was sending Nix out to find us a QB and sadly we are still failing with the last staffs backup. When is he going to do what Ralph told him to do, isn't it priority #1 when Ralph himself asks for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post

It kills me how you guys who're feeling negative think that that's a good justification for, what, bending time? Is that what you'd call it? Warping time? It hasn't been three years. At the end of the season it will have been three years. This isn't higher math.

Are we still not that far away? We're closer. Pretty close to where I figured we'd be at this point. I thought, and posted a bunch, that the defense would start very slow this year and get better in the second half, but even I didn't figure they'd be THIS bad. But yeah, I think they're going to improve as they get used to each other and get used to the system.
    He said two years and three years down the road...past two years...

Technically you are correct. It has been 2 years and 9 months. Week 15 will be his 3 year anniversary. But, the reality is Buddy can't do a whole lot about the team this season. He is working on next year now.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post
    I like that Nix brought up wanting a franchise QB but he has been saying that since day 1. If a QB comes available we will go after him if the cards land right for us to get him. Im still not confident enough in Nix doing it and have a horrible feeling he is going to stick us with another season of the Fitz or god forbid a season of the Thig. I dont like that this season we are still using the QB we already know failed as our starter, I mean so hes saying we need a QB because Fitz is not it but your going to have to suffer the remainder of the season because Nix couldnt even find a replacement for the remainder of the season so we might sell some games out. Why bother even going to the game? Cut Fitz and prove your done otherwise I agree with the OP and think its nothing but lies.

Ralph told us he was sending Nix out to find us a QB and sadly we are still failing with the last staffs backup. When is he going to do what Ralph told him to do, isn't it priority #1 when Ralph himself asks for it?
    Buddy, did in fact say he was sticking with Fitzpatrick. And Thigpen's contract is up. So.....fill in the blank.

stir the pot

Quote Originally Posted by intimidatortj View Post
    Buddy, did in fact say he was sticking with Fitzpatrick. And Thigpen's contract is up. So.....fill in the blank.
    If Fitz is still the starter next season Im not buying season tickets, I dont even want to use this seasons and watch Fitz fail. Freakin waste of money once again they should just fire Nix and his entire circus. Why keep Fitz then? Why do the fans have to continue to suffer and know there is no hope? He offers this team nothing, not even in a backup position. Fitz failed everyone knows it, time to move on.
    Last edited by adrenaline; 11-03-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Did you read the quote?? It said 2-3 years down the road and YES, we are there now. It kills you how we bend time? It kills me how someone doesn't bother to read a post and then comments on it. We are past the time In Buddy's remarks, and as I said, we have no franchise QB, and are no better off than we were when he was hired. We are in even more of a bind then we were before because now the lease is up, our owner can't even attend games, and we can't make a stadium deal because everything is in limbo. Did I bend any of that, or is it pretty straight forward???
    The Buffalo Bills, rebuilding since the mid 90's!

Either way, this third year is looking like the previous two. I do agree it'll take time for the defense to come together. Thought they were crazy to think it'd be ready by week one of this season. However, IMO until they get that franchise QB and can win games in the AFC East they're going nowhere anyways. I believe that Nix is starting to see the light on a franchise QB being needed.
    ''You appease (fans) for about three months,'' Nix said. ~ 11/2/2012

Chan Gailey 12/26/2010 - Pass rush would of helped a couple of those. That guy (Tom Brady) stood back there forever and someone finally come open.

Quote Originally Posted by pocari-sweat View Post

Is this my first trolly troll lesson, oh master? It's a good one. Thanks!!