Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EJ Manuel Florida Seminoles = Roethlisberger with Better Wheels = Lets get him !!!

Default EJ Manuel Florida Seminoles = Roethlisberger with Better Wheels = Lets get him !!!

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Perfect Big, Fast, Smart, Strong Arm QB for the Buffalo Climate !!!

Cam Newton light ... without the flash!

The guy can step into the pocket and wing it, has good touch, or take off with some very misleading wheels for a big guy!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...0849/ej-manuel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1sp3S4wNig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l5DVH67zGE

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/201...for-the-bills/

http://franchisesportstalk.wordpress...ber-28th-2012/

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...forging-legacy

All kidding aside, lets hope we lose our share of football games from here on out!

Plays this Thursday at Virginia Tech if you're interested!
    Last edited by SWLYUOT; 11-04-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Everyone thinks their favorite college QB is right for the job.

I do like EJ Manuel, but we all know that Buffalo will have a top 15 pick at best and Manuel is not a top 15 talent. I wouldn't mind grabbing him in the 2nd round. He is exactly the type of QB Buddy Nix is talking about drafting and developing for a year behind Fitz. I'd rather have Manuel more then Tyler Wilson and Tyler Bray, just think he has alot more to offer in a Chan Gailey offense.

I'm a FSU fan....& I say no thank you.

Nice kid, nice story...but his long ball, even though he has the arm, doesn't have the accuracy. His decision making is suspect as well. Watch the game we lost to NC State....we could NOT run the ball @ all in the 4th & Jimbo didn't trust EJ enough to let his arm win the game.

Tavaris Jackson part II
    ↱7↯

RD 1: WR Sammy Watkins
    RD 2: OT Cyrus Kouandjio
    RD 3: LB Preston Brown
    Rd 4: DB Ross Cockrell
    Rd 5: OG Cyril Richardson
    Rd 6: WR Mike Williams via Buccaneers trade
    Rd 7: LB Randall Johnson
    Rd 7: OT Seantrell Henderson
    Rd 7 swap: RB Bryce Brown via Eagles trade 2015 3rd or 4th

Oline = The Buffalo Bullies #OperationBulldozer is now in effect!

#IMDB: http://www.imdb.me/aqen-aten
    #Facebook: Alphonso A'Qen-Aten Jackson
    #Instagram: AQenAten
    #Twitter: @AQenAten

↟☯7♠↲

Quote Originally Posted by davejr51179 View Post
    I do like EJ Manuel, but we all know that Buffalo will have a top 15 pick at best and Manuel is not a top 15 talent. I wouldn't mind grabbing him in the 2nd round. He is exactly the type of QB Buddy Nix is talking about drafting and developing for a year behind Fitz. I'd rather have Manuel more then Tyler Wilson and Tyler Bray, just think he has alot more to offer in a Chan Gailey offense.
    The Bills need a starting QB not one you think will sit behind Fitz for a year if Fitz even makes it to next year. I don't see buddy wasting another year on a failed QB.

Quote Originally Posted by davejr51179 View Post
    There is no way in H$% that EJ Manuel lasts into the second round! That may have been where he was projected at the beginning of this season, but no longer. I don't care where we pick, I would take him in round 1.

Quote Originally Posted by SWLYUOT View Post
    There is no way in H$% that EJ Manuel lasts into the second round! That may have been where he was projected at the beginning of this season, but no longer. I don't care where we pick, I would take him in round 1.
    If we can't get Smith in the 1rst....the better value imo.

1rst = Te'o
    2nd = Taj Boyd
    ↱7↯

↟☯7♠↲

Manuel is truly a developmental QB IMO. Obviously, you can not judge a QB without taking a single snap in the NFL. However, the young mans' skill set dictates needing time behind a respectable starter in order to learn.

My thing is, the Bills need a NEW STARTER next year. This would have been the year to develop someone behind Fitz. Pickpatrick is already on borrowed time and should not be handed the job next year despite an asinine contract.

Thus, this kind of eliminates Manuel as a realistic option.
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Adopt a Bill 2014- Sammy Watkins
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan View Post
    Manuel is truly a developmental QB IMO. Obviously, you can not judge a QB without taking a single snap in the NFL. However, the young mans' skill set dictates needing time behind a respectable starter in order to learn.

My thing is, the Bills need a NEW STARTER next year. This would have been the year to develop someone behind Fitz. Pickpatrick is already on borrowed time and should not be handed the job next year despite an asinine contract.

^^^^^
    *Co-sign*
    ↱7↯

↟☯7♠↲

Almost ANY QB is developmental. There is no Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin this year! Emanuel reminds me most of Tannehill from last year. We could start him if we wanted, but Fitzpatrick can hold the fort for another year, so why bother. JMO

Almost ANY QB is developmental. There is no Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin this year! Emanuel reminds me most of Tannehill from last year. We could start him if we wanted, but Fitzpatrick can hold the fort for another year, so why bother. JMO
    Well at least you said it was your opinion.
    Rookie QBs start now this isn't your old NFL this is play your way out, better handle the pressure NFL. If we get a rookie he will be starting. Fitz has not held the fort ever he will not be starting if and when we grab a QB.

You grab a guy like this when you have a QB established already. We don't have a QB so we need a starter.
    Last edited by GMBNix; 11-04-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodZnKingZ View Post
    If we can't get Smith in the 1rst....the better value imo.

1rst = Te'o
    2nd = Taj Boyd
    I'm not sol on Taj Boyd either, I'd give Glennon from NC State a look

sig by Slinkcsubacca

2012 Adopt-a-Bill: Rian Lindell
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Alan Branch

Every year I hear how there is no so-and-so in this years draft. Well not for nothing, Barkley is no Luck but not all too far behind. I mean if anyone wants to sit her and credit barkley for the talent around him then I will credit Luck's success to Harbaugh.
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Adopt a Bill 2014- Sammy Watkins
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

I do like Manuel a lot this year, he will take time to develop but he has come a long way from 2011 to 2012. His long ball is a lot more accurate than last year and his accuracy altogether is much better, his presence in the pocket is much improved as well but he will need time to develop.

I probably sound like a broken record but the guy shooting up the charts (and yes it could change by draft day) is Mike Glennon from NC St., You want to see a really accurate deep ball even when he is under complete distress? Just watch the Tennessee game where he threw 4 picks to a solid defense and yet was still in it until the end. Every game I watch of Glennon he has a big time NFL arm, his ball placement is top notch, he has zero help as far as WR's go and you will see that in every game these guys drop passes of his left and right it's ridiculous. This kid is the real deal, he stands 6'6" tall, 238 lbs., rocket arm, leader on the field, what more could you ask for?

No way.

You absolutely do not choose your QB based on who's better in the short run. The long run is all that matters.

You don't like Fitz? Fine. But we shouldn't pick a guy who can't step in the first year because you don't like Fitz. Makes no sense at all. Getting Schaub, for instance, was a sensational move, even though he wasn't NFL ready. Same with getting Alex Smith, who took a long time but now looks like a top ten guy. The long term is what matters.

Every year I hear how there is no so-and-so in this years draft. Well not for nothing, Barkley is no Luck but not all too far behind. I mean if anyone wants to sit her and credit barkley for the talent around him then I will credit Luck's success to Harbaugh.

And how did Luck do the year at Stanford after Harbaugh left? Oh, yeah, he was terrific.

Barkley may be worth picking, but he's no Luck. They're not in the same ball park.

Quote Originally Posted by GodZnKingZ View Post
    I'm a FSU fan....& I say no thank you.

Nice kid, nice story...but his long ball, even though he has the arm, doesn't have the accuracy. His decision making is suspect as well. Watch the game we lost to NC State....we could NOT run the ball @ all in the 4th & Jimbo didn't trust EJ enough to let his arm win the game.

Tavaris Jackson part II
    exactly! Been a FSU fan since 90........EJ does not have the accuracy to be a franchise QB. He also tends to lob too many of his throws instead of just using his arm and firing it in there........throws like Pennington when he has an arm like Cutler........baffles me.

Put it this way.........I was more confident with Ponder under center then I ever was with EJ. I always thought that Ponder would make better pro then college QB.........I don't get the same feeling with EJ.

Respectfully, I cannot disagree with this statement more!

Just because QBs start right away, doesn't necessarily make them the better option ... I really like Tannehill, but tell me he may have not been better off learning the system for a year.

One thing I do agree with is that there is nothing like actual experience for a QB's growth, so it is sort of a catch 22 situation.

I think best case for EJ is culpepper imo

I'd take boyd over him