Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buddy Nix is a good GM, and you're all hypocrites

Default Buddy Nix is a good GM, and you're all hypocrites

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Nix has done everything we wanted. Fitz was playing his butt off, so he extended him. Not working out, but it was the right thing to do at the time. Locked up Stevie, locked up Freddy. Worst pass rush in football? Signs the top 2 pass rushers in free agency who we all criticize now but at the time we were all ready to run out and buy Mario jerseys. Drafted a corner first round this year who looks like he's gonna be a stud. Bradham looks fantastic. Glenn was a steal.

So really, nix has made the right moves. It's only a matter of time before it all works out. Mario will be a good player here for a long time. He's coming off an injury, he's switching back to a 4-3, and wannstedt is subpar.

That's the real problem here. Bad coaching. Not a bad GM. Once he drafts our franchise QB this year, well be all set!

In buddy we trust!!!

Oh... And start Tarvaris Jackson! Lol

Agree with this.

It's not working out very well here in year 3 (and I don't believe Buddy about his recent comments re: playoffs), but I blame coaches and players not playing to their full ability. And not having a true franchise QB.

Everything you wanted?
    Like Torrel in the 2nd?
    Drafting Hairston & Carder in the exchange for the picks they got for Marshawn Lynch?
    Hiring Dave?
    Extending Fitz?
    Keeping Thigpen as a back up?
    Bringing Tavaris Jackson into a situation where he'll probably only be a spectator for a year for a draft pick?

*Our 1st = Browns 2nd 1rst rd pick, 2nd rd pick & 2015 3rd
    **Stevie = Giants for a 4th rd pick

1) WR-Kelvin Benjamin 6'5" 238 Clev*
    2) G-Gabe Jackson 6'4" 339 Clev*
    2) TE-Austin Seferian-Jenkins 6'6" 260
    3) T-Morgan Moses 6'6" 335
    4) DT/NT-Daniel McCullers 6'8" 360
    4) ILB-Andrew Jackson 6'1" 265 NYG**
    5) ILB-Max Bullough 6'3" 252
    7) P-Steven Clark 6'4" 230

Resign: Byrd, Branch
    FA- MLB Brandon Spikes, DE Johnny Jolly, G-Oneil Cousins

Quote Originally Posted by GodZnKingZ View Post
    Everything you wanted?
    Like Torrel in the 2nd?
    Drafting Hairston & Carder in the exchange for the picks they got for Marshawn Lynch?
    Hiring Dave?
    Extending Fitz?
    Bringing Tavaris Jackson into a situation where he'll probably only be a spectator for a year for a draft pick?
    You are going to pick on every single move, of course not but yes, the vast majority wanted Fitz extended when it happened, peopleLOVED the Qannstedt hiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Arnold View Post
    Agree with this.

It's not working out very well here in year 3 (and I don't believe Buddy about his recent comments re: playoffs), but I blame coaches and players not playing to their full ability. And not having a true franchise QB.
    I agree with Wayne n this and the OP. The vast majirty of BBMB are incredible hypocrites.

The funniest thing was last year after Maybin had a handful of sacks and some forced fumbles, so many were claiming that Nix screwed up by letting him go, if they were GM it never would have happened but of course back then 98% of BBMB posters wanted Maybin gone.

How about Mario, if things dont turn around the move that propelled the BBMB into a Bills love fest wil turn into another I told you so moment.

Agreed, which is why I ignore most of the posts on here. People are totally short sighted, both backwards and forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    You are going to pick on every single move, of course not but yes, the vast majority wanted Fitz extended when it happened, peopleLOVED the Qannstedt hiring.
    In all honesty, I thought it was a premature move quite personally & viewed it as an error in judgement.

I wasn't all that impressed with the Wanny signing either....I felt that using George Edwards as the scapegoat would come back & bite them. Of our 6 victories last year, our defense was just as, or even more instrumental than the offense.

Not saying he was any good....because I couldn't stand him either.....but, who hired him?

Everything you wanted?
    Like Torrel in the 2nd?- At the time Buffalo was in a defensive transition and Troup was in the mold if an ideal NT. A stupid pick yes, but not the worst
    Drafting Hairston & Carder in the exchange for the picks they got for Marshawn Lynch?Lynch was one suspension away from being suspended for an entire season and did not want to be in Buffalo anymore. Nix's hands were tied and plus FredEx was proven and Spiller is a far better back than Lynch
    Hiring Dave? No one could have imagined the guy would be this vanilla with the talent Buffalo has. That being said Wanny has always lived and died by the front four getting pressure and that falls on OUR FRONT FOUR
    Extending Fitz? After the Bills start last year you would have been silly not to extend Fitz when they did. If Fitz finished out the season on a high note the price tag would have been far higher
    Keeping Thigpen as a back up? Are you really going to gripe over backup QB? Let me know when the Giants or Packers complain about their backup
    End of the day, Nix might not be sterling but by no means is the guy a bad GM.
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

Mock 4/20
    1) Eric Ebron TE, UNC
    2) Scott Crichton DE, Oregon State
    3) Christian Jones OLB, FSU
    4) Billy Turner OT, North Dakota State
    5) Andre Williams RB, BC

13-26, 2-12 in the division..QB should have been priority day 1 like it is with other franchises, poor drafting........poor job. wake up. he wouldn't be a GM for any other organization.....throw in lousy coaches too....

he was hired because RW didn't recognise any other names from his list.....

He needs to get us a QB and hire a better DC. Face it whether we like Buddy or not he is here and he isn't goijg anywhere for now.

I'm not ready to give up on Buddy yet.

We obviously need a QB and Dave Wannstedt needs to be fired yesterday. I still believe a lot of talent has been added to the roster and the talent we had has been retained.

He needs to get us a quarterback. We'll see what he does.
    Quote Originally Posted by sackbrady View Post
    who cares how I type do you think your better then me I dont type much only on here so if you want to make yourself feel better buy making fun of my typing abilities then go for it but I would be very careful like my father always said be nice to everyone you never know who could be your boss!!!!!!
    helpful advice from a fellow message board member

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan View Post
    End of the day, Nix might not be sterling but by no means is the guy a bad GM.
    I'm not upset with the trade itself...it's what they did with the compensation that concerns me.

I agree, noone knows how a coordinator will pan out...but this is now STRIKE 2.

I don't buy that. The 1rst game vs Kansas City arguably his best game of the year....the Pats & Raiders game, were DECENT, Cincy ugly, Eagles decent, Giants UGLY. Make that man play out the season. If they were so worried about price tag, then where is Byrd's extenion? Byrd's demand will be more than Fitz's can even come close to...so as quick as they were to sign Fitz during the bye last year, Byrd should have seen the same consideration this year. Right or wrong?

Guess why the Giants & Packers don't have to complain about their back ups? Because their front office made securing their franchise QB's a priority.....guys THEY drafted.

There is not 1 GM in the NFL who hits on all his draft picks or even more than half. I think nix has done a good job with his 1st round picks. Although I hope Dareus is just having a sophomore slump

Buddy is easily our best GM this team has had in over a decade

Everything you wanted?
    Like Torrel in the 2nd?
    Hiring Dave?
    Extending Fitz?
    4th and 5th round picks are not easy to hit on. We may have hit on 1 of 2. That is a success to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sackbrady View Post
    who cares how I type do you think your better then me I dont type much only on here so if you want to make yourself feel better buy making fun of my typing abilities then go for it but I would be very careful like my father always said be nice to everyone you never know who could be your boss!!!!!!
    helpful advice from a fellow message board member

Quote Originally Posted by Jm2009 View Post
    he was hired because RW didn't recognise any other names from his list.....
    Wow. That's a good one. I've never read that on this forum before. Hilarious stuff.

If they were so worried about price tag, then where is Byrd's extenion? Byrd's demand will be more than Fitz's can even come close to...so as quick as they were to sign Fitz during the bye last year, Byrd should have seen the same consideration this year. Right or wrong?
    Maybe Byrd and his agent have something to do with that, no? Maybe Fitz had no reservations in resigning, while Byrd wants the season to play out. Or do you think a GM has absolute control over a player's decisions?

I mostly agree. you know, im not happy with the where the team is right now either but I keep wondering if all this hatred for Gailey, Nix, etc. would be here if we would've won the game against the Titans. Obviously we didnt and we can turn back time, but it was a really close game and IMO, we should've won. If we won, we would be tied atop the East and I doubt there would be all these cries for people to be fired. So should a couple bad plays against the Titans really decide the standing of our GM and coach?

We needed a football GM above all other things here in Buffalo. Levy, Jauron and the bean counter running things was abysmal at best.
    The coaches very well maybe gone after this year, but Nix stays absent of new ownership. He's the only one I back at this point.

Lynch was gone the day Nix took over. The Spiller pick says it, as well as showcasing Lynch. Starting out and rebuilding, why would you want a player with issues locally? Gone!

Is this the year we've been waiting for?

Bad coaching has haunted this franchise for a long, long time. Got to admit though, IF this team had a franchise QB and the DC could get his act together, this would be a playoff team. Not a bias opinion. I just feel that they would.
    ''You appease (fans) for about three months,'' Nix said. ~ 11/2/2012

Chan Gailey 12/26/2010 - Pass rush would of helped a couple of those. That guy (Tom Brady) stood back there forever and someone finally come open.

Quote Originally Posted by mol View Post
    Nix has done everything we wanted. Fitz was playing his butt off, so he extended him. Not working out, but it was the right thing to do at the time. Locked up Stevie, locked up Freddy. Worst pass rush in football? Signs the top 2 pass rushers in free agency who we all criticize now but at the time we were all ready to run out and buy Mario jerseys. Drafted a corner first round this year who looks like he's gonna be a stud. Bradham looks fantastic. Glenn was a steal.

So really, nix has made the right moves. It's only a matter of time before it all works out. Mario will be a good player here for a long time. He's coming off an injury, he's switching back to a 4-3, and wannstedt is subpar.

That's the real problem here. Bad coaching. Not a bad GM. Once he drafts our franchise QB this year, well be all set!

In buddy we trust!!!

Oh... And start Tarvaris Jackson! Lol
    Buddy Nix took a 7-9 3 years in a row team, said the talent was crap and made it WORSE. Sorry man I live in the world of reality and facts and that is fact. NO ONE else ever offered Nix a GM job, after seeing the mess he made here is there any doubt as to why?

Ralph Wilson can't get any quality coaches here because of his reputation in the league. Hell he couldn't get a quality GM after what Polian, John butler (Rest in Peace bud) and Tom Donahoe had to say about him after working for him. I mean ****, if one guy says it, thats one thing but this is THREE GM's that have been respected around the league.