Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What if Sean Payton is available?

Default What if Sean Payton is available?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I know a lt of people hope Chan is not retained for next year but even if Buddy remains and wanted to keep Gailey, he is always talking about improving every position....does that include HC?

Suspended head coach Sean Payton's three-year contract extension through the 2015 season has been voided by the NFL.
    Payton and the Saints agreed to the extension in September of 2011, but the league voided the deal due to one specific clause that would have enabled Payton to walk away from the agreement if general manager Mickey Loomis was suspended, fired or left the New Orleans organization. There is some speculation that the 2012 season could "toll," which means it wouldn't count against the deal and Payton could be under contract for 2013, but most insiders believe that isn't the case. Payton is likely to be a head coaching free agent at the conclusion of the season. -Rotoworld

Lol... he isn't...
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.

They won't let him go. He's too valuable.
    Adopt-A-Bill 2014: Kenny Ladler

From December 2nd 2013:

Quote Originally Posted by BlokesAndHoes View Post
    I really hope I'm not alone in thinking the world of Dak Prescott, the Mississippi State QB. The way that kid has played in the last month through injuries and losing his mother to cancer, he earnt my respect. Can't wait to see how Dan Mullen brings him along in the next 2 years.
    One guy to watch out for is Elijah McGuire from ULL. He's a true freshman RB but he's averaging 7.7 YPC. Absolutely electric.

Very silly posting ... that's not even remotely possible

lol if the saints are this bad without Sean Payton, why would they let him go?

Quote Originally Posted by DKTurtle View Post
    Lol... he isn't...
    Yeah, actually he is available.

His contract extension was voided.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastOfTheEast View Post

You have to imagine that Payton will stay loyal and re-sign with New Orleans. He has a very close working relationship with the powers-that-be.

From December 2nd 2013:

I really hope I'm not alone in thinking the world of Dak Prescott, the Mississippi State QB. The way that kid has played in the last month through injuries and losing his mother to cancer, he earnt my respect. Can't wait to see how Dan Mullen brings him along in the next 2 years.
    One guy to watch out for is Elijah McGuire from ULL. He's a true freshman RB but he's averaging 7.7 YPC. Absolutely electric.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSeriousAllTheTimeTotallyNotAHypocrite View Post
    You have to imagine that Payton will stay loyal and re-sign with New Orleans. He has a very close working relationship with the powers-that-be.
    Oh, I believe you are right but he is available.

Let's see what monster contract Jerry Jones will offer him. Sometimes money does talk.

Yeah, actually he isn't. Not really anyway.
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.

Oh, I believe you are right but he is available.

Let's see what monster contract Jerry Jones will offer him. Sometimes money does talk.
    According to Spotrac, he's on $7,500,000 per annum at the moment. I wonder if Jerry goes to 8 figures.

From December 2nd 2013:

You are more likely to hire Vince Lombardi than Payton.

I just saw that, and though I doubt he comes to buffalo, very interesting. Maybe he does decide to go somewhere else. I figure they might just resign him in the next few weeks though.
    Adopt A Bill 2012 & 2013: Jairus Byrd

Alert ***official hire sean payton thread***

What do you guys and gals think of him? Would you be excited if he was our next coach? Why? Why not? Discuss

And Ralph will outpay Jerry Jones for his services?

From December 2nd 2013:

We got Mario no one saw that coming

Let me see how many other teams would step up and get in the bidding if he came to be available.

Quote Originally Posted by KBx315 View Post
    We got Mario no one saw that coming
    Paying for players isn't too much of a deal with the salary cap/revenue sharing. Coaches salaries come out of Ralph's pocket.

It could take $10 million per annum.

From December 2nd 2013:

stir the pot

It wont matter who is coach if all Nix gives him is the FitzThig. We need a new GM that knows QBs something we were told Nix knew but 3 years later all we have is the last failed staffs backup.

True.

you guys realize he IS chan Gailey but has a HOF QB right? wide open spread, never runs, **** defense and just happened to land top 3 QB in his lap... without Brees hes a mediocre coach