Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: 5 Things to Take Away From Today's Game

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,247

    Default 5 Things to Take Away From Today's Game

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    Another week, another loss, another sad Sunday in Buffalo. Can't say I'm surprised.

    1. Mario Williams played well. Maybe the wrist was a problem after all. He actually seemed to be using much more motion and explosiveness regarding his arms today and had a pretty good day. I thought the wrist was just another excuse but if play like this continues from him, I'll be proven wrong. At least someone looked capable today out there.

    2. Spiller is better than Jackson at this point in their careers. I love Freddie, I'm pretty sure we all do. He puts in 110% every game and is everything you want in a player, but lets face it: Spiller is a superstar in the making. The speed, quickness, explosiveness, in Spiller are incredible and if given a full workload, he could easily be one of the leagues very best. Fred Jackson is still good, probably a top 20 back, but Spiller has the potential to be elite. The switching back and forth I feel is almost slowing us down. We need to name CJ the starter and have Fred be the backup, none of this rotation. Freddie comes in when Spiller is tired and that should be all. I will always rock my 22 jersey proudly, but it simply is time to pass the torch.

    3. Ryan Fitzpatrick was decent today, but a bunch of 5 yard passes aren't going to get it done. I wouldn't call Fitz the problem today, but he certainly didn't provide a solution. Sure, quick slants and screens are great...if used in moderation. Every play can't be one of these, it simply will get figured out, and it did. Fitz needs to at least try to get it deep, the teams who are successful in the league all stretch the field while we throw no passes longer than 10 yards it seems. I know he isn't accurate, but when your playing against one of the best teams in the NFL, you have to put up some points with some big plays. We failed to do that today.

    4. Go for it once in a while! I don't know why Chan Gailey always plays it conservative...clearly there hasn't been to many positive results. Playing a team like the Texans, you can't settle for field goals. They help, but there were some drives where we should have at least tried for 6. Kicking a 22 yard field goal should not even be a thought for a 3-4 and now 3-5 football team with their backs up against the wall. Try it Chan, what do we have to lose?

    5. It doesn't get any easier. When we looked at the schedule before the season, November and December seemed like gifts to the Bills. A bunch of "should win" games appeared and many felt confident we could limp out of the gates and finish strong. Now, I'm not so sure. The Patriots are obviously one of the best, the Dolphins seem to be on the rise, the Colts have been on fire, and the Seahawks defense is straight scary. The best chances the Bills have to win again this season are against NYJ, STL, and JAX, and I don't even feel very confident against these teams. We could be in for a long winter in Buffalo.

    Well guys, on to next week. The Patriots in Foxboro, should be competitive right? Right?
    Adopt-a-Bill 2014-15 - Nickell Robey

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    41,088

    Default

    Agree with all 5...

    Good post...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    15,851

    Default

    1. QB sucks
    2. Coaching staff sucks
    3. Defense still sucks
    4. GM sucks
    5. Owner sucks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PABillsFan23 View Post
    1. QB sucks
    2. Coaching staff sucks
    3. Defense still sucks
    4. GM sucks
    5. Owner sucks
    Optimism at its finest
    Adopt-a-Bill 2014-15 - Nickell Robey

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,648

    Default

    so the bullies surrounded you and demanded you hand over your lunch money.

    so you give it to them and they leave

    well, this time they didn't punch you and bloody your nose

    so that's a moral victory, right?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Agreed with almost everything here.

    1. M. Williams appeared to have a relatively good game. The sack was nice, but more importantly I think that the run defense didn't look as bad as it has been, and a lot of that was thanks to him.

    2. Spiller needs to be the starter, he just brings more to the table. The offense is better w/ him on the field than off.

    3. I think it's kind of difficult to say that Fitzpatrick played pretty well, when the team failed to put it in the end zone once. Up until this point, we have seen a super efficient red zone offense. I'm not sure what happened today, but it just wasn't there.

    4. I don't really mind the conservative play calling all that much, Houston has a pretty stout defense and we were still in the game when he decided to kick the field goal from down by the goal line. It could've been a huge momentum swing in their favor had they stopped that on fourth and short, and at that point things appeared to be going buffalo's way.

    5. Yeah, that schedule is looking more and more difficult every week we get closer. My hope is that they can keep these games competitive and generate some confidence in the fact that they can keep up with these other teams.

    Oh.. and go bills

  7. #7

    Default

    Great post OP. spot on
    2014 Adopt a Bill---Chris Williams



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    No Town
    Posts
    17,699

    Default

    1. bad owner
    2. bad GM
    3. bad coach
    4. bad players
    5. bad schemes


    1+2+3+4+5 = BAD FOOTBALL TEAM

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,275

    Default

    Im giving the OP an A for this.........good job.
    Can you dig it?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,921

    logo

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
    Another week, another loss, another sad Sunday in Buffalo. Can't say I'm surprised.

    1. Mario Williams played well. Maybe the wrist was a problem after all. He actually seemed to be using much more motion and explosiveness regarding his arms today and had a pretty good day. I thought the wrist was just another excuse but if play like this continues from him, I'll be proven wrong. At least someone looked capable today out there.

    2. Spiller is better than Jackson at this point in their careers. I love Freddie, I'm pretty sure we all do. He puts in 110% every game and is everything you want in a player, but lets face it: Spiller is a superstar in the making. The speed, quickness, explosiveness, in Spiller are incredible and if given a full workload, he could easily be one of the leagues very best. Fred Jackson is still good, probably a top 20 back, but Spiller has the potential to be elite. The switching back and forth I feel is almost slowing us down. We need to name CJ the starter and have Fred be the backup, none of this rotation. Freddie comes in when Spiller is tired and that should be all. I will always rock my 22 jersey proudly, but it simply is time to pass the torch.

    3. Ryan Fitzpatrick was decent today, but a bunch of 5 yard passes aren't going to get it done. I wouldn't call Fitz the problem today, but he certainly didn't provide a solution. Sure, quick slants and screens are great...if used in moderation. Every play can't be one of these, it simply will get figured out, and it did. Fitz needs to at least try to get it deep, the teams who are successful in the league all stretch the field while we throw no passes longer than 10 yards it seems. I know he isn't accurate, but when your playing against one of the best teams in the NFL, you have to put up some points with some big plays. We failed to do that today.

    4. Go for it once in a while! I don't know why Chan Gailey always plays it conservative...clearly there hasn't been to many positive results. Playing a team like the Texans, you can't settle for field goals. They help, but there were some drives where we should have at least tried for 6. Kicking a 22 yard field goal should not even be a thought for a 3-4 and now 3-5 football team with their backs up against the wall. Try it Chan, what do we have to lose?

    5. It doesn't get any easier. When we looked at the schedule before the season, November and December seemed like gifts to the Bills. A bunch of "should win" games appeared and many felt confident we could limp out of the gates and finish strong. Now, I'm not so sure. The Patriots are obviously one of the best, the Dolphins seem to be on the rise, the Colts have been on fire, and the Seahawks defense is straight scary. The best chances the Bills have to win again this season are against NYJ, STL, and JAX, and I don't even feel very confident against these teams. We could be in for a long winter in Buffalo.

    Well guys, on to next week. The Patriots in Foxboro, should be competitive right? Right?
    We are competitive. We are almost there.
    Welcome Brandon Spikes

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Another thing I thought did well for the most part was our punting, young punter but he drilled a nice one inside the 10 and kept Houston backed up.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York City, New York
    Posts
    10,497

    Default

    Five things that I took away from today's game:

    1. The Bills lost
    2. The Bills lost
    3. The Bills lost
    4. The Bills lost
    5. The Bills lost
    MommyBillsFan, we will never forget.........

    11/25/2012 9:50 pm EST - 11/25/2012 10:18 pm EST

    http://boards.buffalobills.com/membe...-MommyBillsFan

    _________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhbillsfan View Post
    I am into dudes but I can admit to myself that Stephon Gilmore is a good looking dude.
    Build a man a fire and he'll stay warm for the night.........

    Set a man on fire and he'll stay warm for the rest of his life.......

    ~NYCBillsFan

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,275

    Default

    Another thing we could took away from todays game is that at least we didnt have any 22 yard punts.
    And thats a start.
    Can you dig it?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    orchard park
    Posts
    15,433

    Default

    spot on op!
    go bills
    go sabres
    go knicks
    go sox

    steve johnson is our future star
    Fred jackson is my adopted player this year!!
    freddie freddie!!
    should change my username but oh well.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,896

    Default

    Gailey is fully responsible for points 2 through 4. Dude just isn't cut out to be an NFL head coach. He'd probably be an awesome OC for us, but without somebody with the authority to shoot down some of his dumber ideas around he ends up hamstringing our offense. He certainly doesn't inspire great play out of his players, either.

  16. #16

    Default

    Generally agree... but getting tired of people saying we don't throw it more than 10 yards down the field. Fitz had some fantastic throws over 10 yards, most notably the 20 + yard pass to Chandler.

  17. #17

    Default

    Well... I thought we punted well!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    10,528

    stir the pot

    Fitz stunk we got zero TDs and he even fumbled. QB is the leader on offense and every game Fitz leads us to a loss. Either way you spin it Fitz failed to do anything but dink and dunk a few series to FGs and IMO any backup QB can do that. Fitz never wins QB battles because he don't have the talent to do it.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pocari-sweat View Post
    Another thing we could took away from todays game is that at least we didnt have any 22 yard punts.
    And thats a start.
    Hahaha this one had me laughing
    Adopt-a-Bill 2014-15 - Nickell Robey

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    26,680

    Default

    I will go as far as stating that Mario's game was "acceptable", he didn't play especially well. It was his best game to this point. The left side of our defense collapsed too many times for me to say that he played well.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

    Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

    In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •