Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 82

Thread: Thank god we ran Perry Fewell out of town.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    956

    Default Thank god we ran Perry Fewell out of town.

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    Remember when he was our D coordinator, then got our team fired up and led a late season rejuvenation as interim HC.....then was given a token HC interview then promptly told to GTFO. Gee, he went on to really suck as the Giants D coordinator, and our team defense improved incredibly. Thank goodness we pulled that move off.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,583

    Default

    Not until Ralph dies.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    29,845

    Default

    Guy yells on the sideline a few times and he's a good coach. Good to know!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    16,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenWheels View Post
    Guy yells on the sideline a few times and he's a good coach. Good to know!

    You have identified he #1 attribute of a great coach as defined by the BBMB.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Goose Creek, SC
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenWheels View Post
    Guy yells on the sideline a few times and he's a good coach. Good to know!
    I think most folks just want to see some passion out of the head coach at this point. Someone to give the team a bit of an attitude.

    The fact that he has a ring doesn't hurt either.

    At this point, I'm ready to see a change myself.
    "Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try.
    Though we know that time has wings, we're the ones who have to fly" - RUSH

    Help a kid out, join BallBurglar.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    29,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    You have identified he #1 attribute of a great coach as defined by the BBMB.
    Right? I mean, ****, I loved him yelling when we were running it up on the Fins too. After DJ ball it was a breath of fresh air. But he was no great shakes his first year in NY, has tons of talent there so he SHOULD succeed, and just never showed much here....and it's not as if he didn't have time, at least on D. His D largely stunk.

    Now I could be convinced he might have been better by this point than Chan. But that is saying nothing really.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    29,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HOTDOG View Post
    I think most folks just want to see some passion out of the head coach at this point. Someone to give the team a bit of an attitude.

    The fact that he has a ring doesn't hurt either.

    At this point, I'm ready to see a change myself.
    He should have that ring inscribed with the names of his D-line!

    I don't think the guy was a BAD coach....but if the idea is that we missed out on something....meh. Total conjecture and I don't put much to it based on what he did in NY with one of the best D lines/pass rush in football.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    16,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenWheels View Post
    Right? I mean, ****, I loved him yelling when we were running it up on the Fins too. After DJ ball it was a breath of fresh air. But he was no great shakes his first year in NY, has tons of talent there so he SHOULD succeed, and just never showed much here....and it's not as if he didn't have time, at least on D. His D largely stunk.

    Now I could be convinced he might have been better by this point than Chan. But that is saying nothing really.
    His first year there was MAJOR discontent about him as D coordinator, there was talk about him getting canned and then the Giants D turned it around and ended the year on a hot streak. As D Coordinator here he was maybe average, he had a bend dont break D, it was actually painful to watch, teams marched down the field at will but did tighten up in the red zone. His D was below average but rarely got blown out, I will give him credit for that, mostly because he allowed extremely long time consuming drives.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    2,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1989 View Post
    Why not? Or were you just being ironic?



    There was outrage about taking an excellent QB prospect? Crikey!
    Yes & from some of the darlings of the Message Board. Dumb was a frequent word used 2 describe him. You actually can't even bring up TJs name instant put downs(Like Fitz has us clicking) VY despite his winning record as a starting QB 4 whatever reason was always shot down. I don't even care how we win I just want to win. Something is fundamentally wrong with this organization.
    The changes have to work. Right?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenWheels View Post
    Right? I mean, ****, I loved him yelling when we were running it up on the Fins too. After DJ ball it was a breath of fresh air. But he was no great shakes his first year in NY, has tons of talent there so he SHOULD succeed, and just never showed much here....and it's not as if he didn't have time, at least on D. His D largely stunk.

    Now I could be convinced he might have been better by this point than Chan. But that is saying nothing really.
    His defenses stunk? in 09 our pass defense was 2nd overall. Our run defense sucked....which is why we spent the past 3 years shoring up our DL. And he has TONS of talent there so he SHOULD succeed? What about Wannstedt and our D line then? What about our Oline and CJ, who still leads the league in YPR? Thats a BS argument that he has talent so he SHOULD succeed.

    If we had kept Fewell as head coach and brought in Gailey as O Coordinator, we would be light years ahead of where we are.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    29,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    His first year there was MAJOR discontent about him as D coordinator, there was talk about him getting canned and then the Giants D turned it around and ended the year on a hot streak. As D Coordinator here he was maybe average, he had a bend dont break D, it was actually painful to watch, teams marched down the field at will but did tighten up in the red zone. His D was below average but rarely got blown out, I will give him credit for that, mostly because he allowed extremely long time consuming drives.
    I'll give him the credit too that he was probably doing exactly what DJ wanted. But I do think people forget how average that Giant D looked his first year. I heard that canning talk too on NYC radio. But the talent came through. Lucky for him.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    16,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billsnation2010 View Post
    Great, now Warren Moon is on the BBMB! please enough with race, so tiring. If it had to do with race we wouldn't have had Fewell as the interim coach at all that year.
    Or Pitts as the interim head coach when Levy went down, or Marlin Briscoe, first AA to play QB in the NFL or James Harris as our QB but we all know the mantra, Ralph is an old white man, let go of VY, doesnt have a AA HC or starting QB therefore he is a racist.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    1,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    This is one of the most unfair and ignorant comments I have read here lately.

    Guess you never heard of Marlin Briscoe or James Harris.
    James harris? You mean the one guy in bills history to get benched for a Qb with a broken leg after a interception? their is a reason why he was the first and last one to play in a regular season game for the bills.
    #Bills @EJManuel3 is 1st @NFL QB since 1960 to post rating of 89+ (min. 20 att.) in each of 1st 2 gms of rookie season (105.5, 89.3)
    6:24 PM - 15 Sep 2013


    Go BILLS

    14-2 Prediction!!!


    2014 Adopt-A-Bill : Chris Gragg

    Quote Originally Posted by Kozel View Post
    Fitzpatrick will have a better year than EJ... Bank it!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Goose Creek, SC
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenWheels View Post
    He should have that ring inscribed with the names of his D-line!

    I don't think the guy was a BAD coach....but if the idea is that we missed out on something....meh. Total conjecture and I don't put much to it based on what he did in NY with one of the best D lines/pass rush in football.
    His D line was great and he benefited from that. No argument there and good for him for using the talent he had there.

    At this point, I would argue that he would be a refreshing change from this ho-hum 5 wide, throw 40 times a game with a noodle armed QB, no passion, "I don't look at the defense" coach.

    I would also argue that he would use the talent the Bills have like he did in New Jersey. In this case, Spiller and Jackson and bring some fire to this defense.
    "Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try.
    Though we know that time has wings, we're the ones who have to fly" - RUSH

    Help a kid out, join BallBurglar.com

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenWheels View Post
    He should have that ring inscribed with the names of his D-line!

    I don't think the guy was a BAD coach....but if the idea is that we missed out on something....meh. Total conjecture and I don't put much to it based on what he did in NY with one of the best D lines/pass rush in football.
    Yeh, Im sure his gameplan has nothing to do with NYG success, especially in that super bowl where they were expected to get blown out by the pats. Thats why the Ginas hired him AS SOON as we dropped him. If talent doesnt need coaching, what is our excuse??

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    29,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pot_dragon View Post
    His defenses stunk? in 09 our pass defense was 2nd overall. Our run defense sucked....which is why we spent the past 3 years shoring up our DL. And he has TONS of talent there so he SHOULD succeed? What about Wannstedt and our D line then? What about our Oline and CJ, who still leads the league in YPR? Thats a BS argument that he has talent so he SHOULD succeed.

    If we had kept Fewell as head coach and brought in Gailey as O Coordinator, we would be light years ahead of where we are.
    Defense is the one whole side of the ball, not something to be split in two. No one needed to pass on us when they could run all day. And then when they needed to pass, they could do that too.

    No, it's not a BS argument that talent should have you succeeding. It's common sense. He inherited probably the best pass rush in football, at a time when pass rush means more than ever.

    Wannstedt stinks. Pointing to him just shows how bad he is. It should also show you our talent is not quite as high as many might think it was.

    Conjecture, conjecture, conjecture. You've convinced yourself, but I could not care less about that.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    1,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    Or Pitts as the interim head coach when Levy went down, or Marlin Briscoe, first AA to play QB in the NFL or James Harris as our QB but we all know the mantra, Ralph is an old white man, let go of VY, doesnt have a AA HC or starting QB therefore he is a racist.
    Never said he was a racists. But this city on the other hand.... Why do you think buffalo moved the stadium out to orchard park?
    #Bills @EJManuel3 is 1st @NFL QB since 1960 to post rating of 89+ (min. 20 att.) in each of 1st 2 gms of rookie season (105.5, 89.3)
    6:24 PM - 15 Sep 2013


    Go BILLS

    14-2 Prediction!!!


    2014 Adopt-A-Bill : Chris Gragg

    Quote Originally Posted by Kozel View Post
    Fitzpatrick will have a better year than EJ... Bank it!!!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    29,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HOTDOG View Post
    His D line was great and he benefited from that. No argument there and good for him for using the talent he had there.

    At this point, I would argue that he would be a refreshing change from this ho-hum 5 wide, throw 40 times a game with a noodle armed QB, no passion, "I don't look at the defense" coach.

    I would also argue that he would use the talent the Bills have like he did in New Jersey. In this case, Spiller and Jackson and bring some fire to this defense.
    I think it is very hard to say what he would have done on O. Who would he have brought in as OC (if anyone)? Would he have been aggressive with the run? Would the stage have been too big for him being the real HC? Would he make good gameplans or make good clutch calls on the field? I have no clue honestly. I just didn't see enough of the guy. I just don't buy the idea we missed on something great, that's all.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    16,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenWheels View Post
    Defense is the one whole side of the ball, not something to be split in two. No one needed to pass on us when they could run all day. And then when they needed to pass, they could do that too.

    No, it's not a BS argument that talent should have you succeeding. It's common sense. He inherited probably the best pass rush in football, at a time when pass rush means more than ever.

    Wannstedt stinks. Pointing to him just shows how bad he is. It should also show you or talent is not quite as high as many might think it was.

    Conjecture, conjecture, conjecture. You've convinced yourself, but I could not care less about that.
    Everything Goldenwheels posts here is spot on, esp your point about no one needing to pass on us and when they did need to , surprise, they were effective.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    29,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pot_dragon View Post
    Yeh, Im sure his gameplan has nothing to do with NYG success, especially in that super bowl where they were expected to get blown out by the pats. Thats why the Ginas hired him AS SOON as we dropped him. If talent doesnt need coaching, what is our excuse??
    Who said nothing? Nobody but you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •