Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anyone justify why Lindell isn't the WORST kicker in the league?

Default Can anyone justify why Lindell isn't the WORST kicker in the league?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I just don't get it. Lindell's never been amazing (or decent for that matter), yet for some reason we keep this guy around year after year. He's terribly inaccurate for anything over 45 yards, and he's not even good enough to handle kickoffs. How many other teams in the league have two kickers: one for FGs and one for kickoffs? This organization is very poorly mismanaged. Four QBs, two kickers, zero playoffs. I don't see why we waste a roster spot on these two guys. Bring in one kicker that can handle the job.

/rant
    OHH CANADA, EH?

October 9, 1992: Best Leif Erikson Day party EVER

He's the Chris Kelsay of kickers. Or should I say, the Aaron Williams of kickers. Or should I say, the Keystone Ice of kickers
    OHH CANADA, EH?

October 9, 1992: Best Leif Erikson Day party EVER

Did you watch the games when Lindell went to IR last year?

Is he really that problematic?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Wilson View Post
    I just don't get it. Lindell's never been amazing (or decent for that matter), yet for some reason we keep this guy around year after year. He's terribly inaccurate for anything over 45 yards, and he's not even good enough to handle kickoffs. How many other teams in the league have two kickers: one for FGs and one for kickoffs? This organization is very poorly mismanaged. Four QBs, two kickers, zero playoffs. I don't see why we waste a roster spot on these two guys. Bring in one kicker that can handle the job.

/rant

You should not be drinking that heavy or doing the hardcore drugs you are on this early in day, please go get some help

Totally agree, this guy blows. I say take our lumps with Potter and see if he materializes. If not we get a FA kicker that can handle both.

from last year and this year he hits 88% of his field goals. kicking in buffalo id say thats pretty good. remember the pats kicker missed 2 in orchard park a few weeks back? lindell > that guy.
    go bills
    go sabres
    go knicks
    go sox

steve johnson is our future star
    Fred jackson is my adopted player this year!!
    freddie freddie!!
    should change my username but oh well.

He is not the worst but close, he has only missed on FG out of only 9 for the year and only one further than 39 yards, frankly it is a joke, he needs to go.

We can never count on a long FG from him.

I started a thread earlier today about drafting a K in rd 5-6 nnext yr, we need to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshawn-2-the-housee View Post
    from last year and this year he hits 88% of his field goals. kicking in buffalo id say thats pretty good. remember the pats kicker missed 2 in orchard park a few weeks back? lindell > that guy.
    There are only 3 teams with a lower FG% from the 30-39 yard than the Bills (closer than 30 yards the league has hit on 100% of non-blocked kicks this yr). Lindell had had one kick more than 40 yards all season, pitiful. Lindell has a high % because he never kicks long and exactly how many games did he kick in bad weather last year, one, two?

Most accurate kicker in Bills history and nowhere NEAR worst in the league.
    You guys need to open your eyes.

every kicker misses a fg from time to time.

My biggest knock on lindell is his leg strength. He can't kick very far

The fact that the OP wanted Tebow and is a greater fan of Tebow than the bills sums it up.

Move along folks. Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by caffeine addict View Post
    This

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    There are only 3 teams with a lower FG% from the 30-39 yard than the Bills (closer than 30 yards the league has hit on 100% of non-blocked kicks this yr). Lindell had had one kick more than 40 yards all season, pitiful. Lindell has a high % because he never kicks long and exactly how many games did he kick in bad weather last year, one, two?
    Come on, the issue is that the Bills have tried very few FG this season. The sample size is too small to say anything.
    One of the weird things with the Bills being as bad as they are, their red zone efficiency has been outstanding.

History of the Bills is totally irrelevant in this discussion, almost every year the FG% in the NFL increases, it has materially improved since Lindell joined the Bills. Lindell at one point was almost an elite kicker, now, sadly, in fact he is one of the worst. Time marches on.

Buffalo has arguably one of the worst defenses in recent NFL history and a QB who can't throw a ball more than 10 yards and your crying about a kicker who has only missed 1 FG attempt and is the most accurate kicker this franchise has ever had. Wow

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    im sorry but he missed one kick. calm down. and its not his fault they dont line him up for long kicks? we rarely have had a chance for that this year?
    go bills
    go sabres
    go knicks
    go sox

steve johnson is our future star
    Fred jackson is my adopted player this year!!
    freddie freddie!!
    should change my username but oh well.

I LOVE GOD, MY COUNTRY, TEBOW, AND THE BUFFALO BILLS!!!!!!!!1!!

you lost ALL credibility when you brought Tebow in with your signature

thanks for the laugh .. Comedy is the best medicine.
    Woods, Williams and Watkins.... the 3 double U's

Made in USA NFL gear...
    http://www.nflshop.com/search/made%20in%20usa

Come on, the issue is that the Bills have tried very few FG this season. The sample size is too small to say anything.
    One of the weird things with the Bills being as bad as they are, their red zone efficiency has been outstanding.
    I will grant you have valid points BUT you can not deny that he doesn't have anywhere near a strong NFL leg, he might have the weakest leg in the NFL. He has a high % FG because he has had only one kick beyond 40 yards, that is downright laughable. How much does it hurt not to have a kicker than you can send out for a 50 yards, it hurts a lot and is inexcusable in todays NFL. Hell they let Moorman go, time to let Lindell go as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshawn-2-the-housee View Post
    im sorry but he missed one kick. calm down. and its not his fault they dont line him up for long kicks? we rarely have had a chance for that this year?
    I am very calm and they dont line him up for long kicks because he can not hit them anymore.