Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a change at qb or drafting a qb will make absolutely no difference

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Billsnation2010 View Post
    Um, isn't that what NE has done since Brady has been there? They are a dink and dunk offense until Moss got there, now they are back to dink and dunk.
    And their dink and dunk works because teams know he will pick them apart if they play defense like the way the Bills opponents do. So they back off and the underneath routes become wide open...

The point of my thread was saying that our team sucks sue to play calling. Ok, let's say chan is holding back on throwing deep cuz of fitzs innability, then why on earth have they been so dead set on him being the guy. I mean this isn't his 2nd yr in the league, this is fitzs third yr under chan. ITS PURELY PLAYCALLING.

Quote Originally Posted by Billsnation2010 View Post
    Um, isn't that what NE has done since Brady has been there? They are a dink and dunk offense until Moss got there, now they are back to dink and dunk.
    Brady's average pass travels 6.1 yards. Fitz travels 5.3 yards. It was 4.5 before this week. Brady still makes the farther passes and can get you a 3rd and long. Fitz can't do any of that.

So let me get this straight.

You think Chan Gailey prefers short yardage plays over picking up big chunks at a time?

That's basically saying that you would rather drive 20 miles hitting every single stop light than getting on a highway with limited traffic.
    SIGNATURE
    Quote Originally Posted by muffman View Post
    Arent you the guy who said the Bills drafted EJ Manuel so they could "sell him in the americas, africa and the middle east?"
    LMAO....
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    No I said if he becomes a star he has more international AD ability than Tom Brady. I was talking about how the black athlete is marketed internationally.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    Brady isn't Manuel and as stated the media tends to take a man like Manuel because they can sell him in all of the America's and Africa and the Middle East and not just in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunta53 View Post
    If Gailey had a QB that could throw downfield with any regularity he would be doing it, nice try though...
    wow I just read your sig about FITZ HOLY COW !!!
    Don't get hit

Quote Originally Posted by steptide View Post
    The point of my thread was saying that our team sucks sue to play calling. Ok, let's say chan is holding back on throwing deep cuz of fitzs innability, then why on earth have they been so dead set on him being the guy. I mean this isn't his 2nd yr in the league, this is fitzs third yr under chan. ITS PURELY PLAYCALLING.
    Thats a point that a lot of us would like to know the answer to, if we know he is not the guy, how can he not?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunta53 View Post
    If Gailey had a QB that could throw downfield with any regularity he would be doing it, nice try though...
    Yes, and you know this how? Nice try though... almost formed a logical thought that time.
    J-O-H-N-N-Y-F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L

If chan and staff are calling the same plays. You can have tom brady as our qb, but if he's throwing 6 and 7 yrd passes with zero run game, the end result will be the same.

Ya fitz has some accuracy problems but that's not the reason for our downfalls. Chan needs to revamp his playbook as best he can these remaining 8 games. End of story. The guy has to change up his game. We are becoming beyond predictable
    How in the world can you type when you're high on crack like that?!?!? Dayum!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2014 Mock - Reversing the Curse

1- Jake Matthews - OT - Texas A&M
    2- Kyle Van Noy - OLB - BYU - its like Lawrence Taylor and Jason Taylor had a baby
    3- Anthony Steen - G - Alabama
    4- Beau Allen - DT Wisconsin - Meatball 2.0
    5- Aaron Colvin - CB - Oklahoma
    6- Traded to TB for Mike Williams
    7- C J Barnett - S Ohio State

I like fitz but he is a back up qb........we need a qb with a big arm,that is accurate and gets the ball out quick

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Smith Eats Ya QB View Post
    wow I just read your sig about FITZ HOLY COW !!!
    Yeah, kinda sucks that he's been that horrible vs the AFC East...

Wait a minute , isn't fitz the same qb who threw a 50 yrd pass to stevie johnson 2 yrs ago aginst the steelers? Fitz CAN throw it deep, the problem is lately when he does, he litterally snaps the ball and bombs it downfield. There's no times for routes to develp. I get that our offense gets rid of the ball quick, but if you're gonna throw deep, the line has to block well enough for more than a split second to get the ball downfield. Again, I feel it comes back to playcalling

IF the Bills had drafted RGIII this past April, I believe that we would have already won more games.

And, TJ Graham would be getting the ball a lot more. RGIII can fling it deep with ease, and accurately.

Chan has an electric drill with a dull drill bit. He knows he can't go straight through the metal. He is trying to go around and look for the soft wood.

Wait a minute , isn't fitz the same qb who threw a 50 yrd pass to stevie johnson 2 yrs ago aginst the steelers? Fitz CAN throw it deep, the problem is lately when he does, he litterally snaps the ball and bombs it downfield. There's no times for routes to develp. I get that our offense gets rid of the ball quick, but if you're gonna throw deep, the line has to block well enough for more than a split second to get the ball downfield. Again, I feel it comes back to playcalling
    I was at the Bills vs Pats game this year at the Ralph. TJ Graham was on a go pattern down the right sideline and Fitz threw deep and .....was about 10 yards short and it was picked off. TJ Graham was wide open and Fitz just couldn't throw it that deep.

Look at all the tape THIS YEAR and you not see any throws where the ball travels more then 40 yards in the air.

If chan and staff are calling the same plays. You can have tom brady as our qb, but if he's throwing 6 and 7 yrd passes with zero run game, the end result will be the same.

Ya fitz has some accuracy problems but that's not the reason for our downfalls. Chan needs to revamp his playbook as best he can these remaining 8 games. End of story. The guy has to change up his game. We are becoming beyond predictable
    We're been told and I've seen Bills WRs run longer routes...so I'll go ahead and disagree with you on your theory.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

Quote Originally Posted by intimidatortj View Post
    I was at the Bills vs Pats game this year at the Ralph. TJ Graham was on a go pattern down the right sideline and Fitz threw deep and .....was about 10 yards short and it was picked off. TJ Graham was wide open and Fitz just couldn't throw it that deep.

Look at all the tape THIS YEAR and you not see any throws where the ball travels more then 40 yards in the air.

It is unfair to have a world class runner at WR go too fast for our noodle arm QB