Thread: Browns voted worst organization in NFL by players, Bills not far behind

Default Browns voted worst organization in NFL by players, Bills not far behind

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

In the first shocker of election day, the Bills aren't voted as the worst organization in the NFL, but are 4th worst behind Cleveland, Oakland and Jacksonville:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...medium=twitter

Browns voted worst organization in SN midseason players poll

With half the 2012 season finished, Sporting News' network of NFL correspondents asked 103 players from 27 teams everything you want to know about this year in our annual midseason players poll.
    As always in our midseason poll, players were not allowed to name their teammates or head coach for any of their answers.
    Which is the worst organization in the NFL?

Cleveland Browns 20
    Jacksonville Jaguars 19
    Oakland Raiders 19
    Buffalo Bills 9

Cincinnati Bengals 7
    Kansas City Chiefs 5
    New York Jets 5
    Carolina Panthers 3
    Dallas Cowboys 2

Miami Dolphins 2
    St. Louis Rams 2
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2
    Four teams received one vote

“Cleveland Browns They don’t give anybody a chance. When I was growing up, they were getting rid of quarterbacks every two years. Coaches, too. You can’t do that. Most of the time when I was growing up, after the Browns came back in 1999, they were a sorry team. Under old management, they never gave those guys a chance. They let the fans dictate too much what was going on. I don’t know how it is now since I became a Jaguar (in 2011), but when I followed them, one bad game and they’d want to bench the quarterback. Cleveland is my city and my heart. It has the most loyal fans and a very rich history. I hope they can get back to winning.” — Jaguars wide receiver Cecil Shorts, a native of Cleveland

“Oakland Raiders. Everybody says it’s a black hole. They say you go out there and your career might be over.” — AFC defensive player

“Jacksonville Jaguars. They’ve got the tarp over the seats, don’t they? It’s just not working down there. They need to bring in (Tim) Tebow or something to get people excited, but the NFL hasn’t worked there.” — AFC defensive player

The comments added on are interesting because some of that matters to me and some doesn't, and I wondered how these guys were defining "worst". The perception that teams give up too quick or ruin careers...that's bad. VERY bad. Could keep players away from a team.

but the bottom one about tarps...*****ic. And I mean I say the tarps stuff too. But I'm fan. I'd hope the players voting would focus on ANYTHING but ticket sales. Why should that really matter to them? That makes them a bad franchise for a player? Really?

A distant fourth!!!

Buffalo should hold a parade.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenWheels View Post
    but the bottom one about tarps...*****ic. And I mean I say the tarps stuff too. But I'm fan. I'd hope the players voting would focus on ANYTHING but ticket sales. Why should that really matter to them? That makes them a bad franchise for a player? Really?
    Are you kidding? Does it really surprise you that professional athletes want to play in front of large, loud, roudy crowds? Why wouldn't they?

Is it somewhat interesting that the top (bottom?) 7 teams are all in the AFC?

Woooo at least were not cleveland.......
    go bills
    go sabres
    go knicks
    go sox

steve johnson is our future star
    Fred jackson is my adopted player this year!!
    freddie freddie!!
    should change my username but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Arnold View Post
    Are you kidding? Does it really surprise you that professional athletes want to play in front of large, loud, roudy crowds? Why wouldn't they?
    I've never once seen an athlete mandate a minimum crowd size in his contract. Let's put it that way.

I'd also say...no, not everyone want to play in front of roWdy crowds. Philly players are getting lambasted by their own fans right now, rudely, and they don't seem to like it. RoWdy is not always better. Now loud and large..sure....but as a consideration for "worst team"...it seems very silly and trivial.

lol I love how Cecil Shorts criticizes Cleveland from Jacksonville.

What is interesting is the 3 teams ahead of Buffalo all have new ownership within the year.
    With his passion for the game and never-ending loyalty to the great fans of Buffalo, he embodied what all owners in sports strive to be.

--Terry and Kim Pegula

Quote Originally Posted by FitzFan12 View Post
    lol I love how Cecil Shorts criticizes Cleveland from Jacksonville.
    Yeah, but its exactly 100% about the Browns and the Bills.
    With his passion for the game and never-ending loyalty to the great fans of Buffalo, he embodied what all owners in sports strive to be.

--Terry and Kim Pegula

NO....

Dick Jauron, Brad Chidress, and Ray Rhodes are assistant coaches.

They thus can't be the worst.

if you ain't first you're last- ricky bobby

"Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said -- A little I'm hurt but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile -- And I'll rise and fight again." marv levy

Headline......Bills voted worst organization by Bills players.

Here is the good news in regards to this: Buffalo (9) is farther away from the Cleveland (20)/Jacksonville (19)/Oakland (19) triumvirate, then they are from the teams that received 1 vote.

We are 11 and 10 votes away from Cle/Jax/Oak and only 8 votes away from the teams that received 1 vote.

What this list also shows is WINNING is the most important factor. You dont see GB/NE/NO/NYG/Hou etc on that list because those are WINNING programs.

This is...understandable.

Cleveland had a well-earned reputation for giving players staph infections. Though they seem to have fixed the issue, I'm pretty sure they cost LeCharles Bentley his career and screwed up Kellen Winslow pretty good too. Players don't forget that kind of thing.

Jacksonville just doesn't seem to be an NFL town. The team sucks and the fan support just never developed.

Oakland was a massively dysfunctional circus for years as Al Davis deteriorated mentally, plus there was the concern of a coach punching you in the face. It will take them awhile to dig out of that hole, but they should return to respectability sooner rather than later.

Then there's us. Sigh...
    THE BLUEPRINT

Ladies and gents, your 2013 Buffalo Bills!*

*Note: Same as your 2001-2012 Buffalo Bills

Only reason why Buffalo wasn't voted worst organization in NFL was because Ralph Wilson stuffed the ballot box.

idk about that but it doesnt get much worse than this train wreck in buffalo !

Quote Originally Posted by The Wendigo View Post
    This is...understandable.

Cleveland had a well-earned reputation for giving players staph infections. Though they seem to have fixed the issue, I'm pretty sure they cost LeCharles Bentley his career and screwed up Kellen Winslow pretty good too. Players don't forget that kind of thing.

Jacksonville just doesn't seem to be an NFL town. The team sucks and the fan support just never developed.

Oakland was a massively dysfunctional circus for years as Al Davis deteriorated mentally, plus there was the concern of a coach punching you in the face. It will take them awhile to dig out of that hole, but they should return to respectability sooner rather than later.

Then there's us. Sigh...
    At least we are there because of on the field production. For some reason players love Ralph Wilson.

--Terry and Kim Pegula

Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    At least we are there because of on the field production. For some reason players love Ralph Wilson.
    Isn't the reason obvious? Buffalo is a place to get paid with no serious expectations and no accountability. If you're a free agent, a visit to Buffalo gives you great leverage because their offer will likely be substantially higher than anybody else's. For a lot of guys, Buffalo is the last place available to them for an NFL paycheck. I'd love it too...
    THE BLUEPRINT

Ladies and gents, your 2013 Buffalo Bills!*

*Note: Same as your 2001-2012 Buffalo Bills

Quote Originally Posted by The Wendigo View Post
    Isn't the reason obvious? Buffalo is a place to get paid with no serious expectations and no accountability. If you're a free agent, a visit to Buffalo gives you great leverage because their offer will likely be substantially higher than anybody else's. For a lot of guys, Buffalo is the last place available to them for an NFL paycheck. I'd love it too...
    Could be. I think this all started as soon as they hired Marv Levy as GM. If you remember that was also the day Ralph Wilson said he would become more involved again. At least with Donahoe we were a relevant organization still.

--Terry and Kim Pegula