Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best article ever written about the Bills:

Default Best article ever written about the Bills:

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-nfl-franchise

If you want to read it, click the link. I'm not in the business of subtracting from a website's hits.

A long read, but an excellent one.
    "He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know."

~ Lao Tzu

Totally worth it, thanks for the heads up. ADHD kids need not apply.
    THE BLUEPRINT

Ladies and gents, your 2013 Buffalo Bills!*

*Note: Same as your 2001-2012 Buffalo Bills

Wow, that's something I've never thought about. The future of the Bills in Buffalo depends on fans supporting it. All of the fans are old. When they die, they will be replaced by younger fans.

This article mentions that the younger fans aren't fans of the team because the younger kids aren't interested in losers. So when you old people die, if we keep losing, the upcoming youth will be supporting another team.

Cause the Bills be losing, yo!

That was a great article. wow.
    I really wish that the team would turn things around and grab the attention of the younger local fans.

Quote Originally Posted by thejimmyC View Post
    I really wish that the team would turn things around and grab the attention of the younger local fans.
    I honestly think it's too late. I read an article once that said a person's fanhood sets in for life between the ages of 12 and 14. That's a whole lost generation of Bills fans that aren't coming back. We can still get the really young ones, but there's going to be a gap.
    THE BLUEPRINT

Ladies and gents, your 2013 Buffalo Bills!*

*Note: Same as your 2001-2012 Buffalo Bills

Quote Originally Posted by The Wendigo View Post
    I honestly think it's too late. I read an article once that said a person's fanhood sets in for life between the ages of 12 and 14. That's a whole lost generation of Bills fans that aren't coming back. We can still get the really young ones, but there's going to be a gap.
    Sad but true.

I started out as a fan in 87-88. I was 10 and I had this sense of pride in this team because I felt like they were out there defending the city and fighting for us. Those kids will never feel that because they don't (and may never) live in Baltimore or Boston. They're just fans of those teams because they're perpetual star studded winners.

I just finished the article. What a brilliant piece! Bills 20, Packers 7... wow...

Sad but true.

I started out as a fan in 87-88. I was 10 and I had this sense of pride in this team because I felt like they were out there defending the city and fighting for us. Those kids will never feel that because they don't (and may never) live in Baltimore or Boston. They're just fans of those teams because they're perpetual star studded winners.
    In my 12-14 years, my dad would chastise me when I left the living room to go play Madden during Bills games. But as I matured, I began staying in the living room for all 60 minutes. Maybe the epidemic isn't so bad?

Take into account the family bonding aspect though.. My son and daughter are Bills fans and they are 13 and 16, but they are fans because it has been bred into them with the rest of the family all being bills fans.

good to recall Scott Wood (who now runs the ballet in town)

just started attending when the move happened, never saw a game at the Rockpile

great article

Quote Originally Posted by Randor73 View Post
    Take into account the family bonding aspect though.. My son and daughter are Bills fans and they are 13 and 16, but they are fans because it has been bred into them with the rest of the family all being bills fans.
    I will never stop rooting for Buffalo. And I would never allow my sons to be a fan of any of the other 31 teams. But if they just decide as kids 'this is no fun I don't want to do this any more I'm going to ride my bike'...I'm not gonna force them to watch the Bills just because I do. That's borderline cruel (I say that with a half smile...only a half). And we'll still have plenty of other things to bond over.

Basically, it's up to them whether or not to become Bills/football fans. Seeing the Bills now....my sons may end up awesome at riding bikes. I am not forcing this mess on them. Then again, nor would I if they were awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by FitzFan12 View Post
    Wow, that's something I've never thought about. The future of the Bills in Buffalo depends on fans supporting it. All of the fans are old. When they die, they will be replaced by younger fans.

This article mentions that the younger fans aren't fans of the team because the younger kids aren't interested in losers. So when you old people die, if we keep losing, the upcoming youth will be supporting another team.

Cause the Bills be losing, yo!
    If this were true, Cleveland and Detroit would've lost their fan bases along time ago...

Winning cures all. Its so cliche, but its so true.

We need a Jim Harbaugh AND an Andrew Luck.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg
    14 years. Our Playoff drought has entered puberty.

Good stuff. Well worth the long read.

Bring in players that excite and inspire...Stevie J & CJ could be absolute stars...just need a star-quality QB to bring some hope! Oh yeah, kids don't like losers, so WIN lol

Funny what someone said about when your fandom is imprinted on you. When I was a kid, I had a Roberto Clemente glove and he was my favorite player. I was 14 when he died but I've been a Pirate fan ever since.
    The Bills and Pirates, I sure know how to pick them, don't I?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWien View Post
    Winning cures all. Its so cliche, but its so true.

We need a Jim Harbaugh AND an Andrew Luck.
    I can only dream of that having happened.

...........Shoots self in head now.....
    Quote Originally Posted by likei'vebeentherebefore View Post
    the choice is made the traveler has come

your new name is... Mom'z_Spaghetti
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom'z_Spaghetti View Post
    nnnooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Cena View Post
    If this were true, Cleveland and Detroit would've lost their fan bases along time ago...

Detroit fans, between Barry and last year, were totally defeated, just sat there. Even a guy in a hardhat singing the team fight song couldn't enliven them.

Browns fans are completed jaded about the team. My times there consisted of a steady boooo of the QB upon introduction and hope for the replacement was often rewarded, which then turned to boos again. The colour of the stadium seats is not the best for the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmanator3434 View Post
    Bring in players that excite and inspire...Stevie J & CJ could be absolute stars...just need a star-quality QB to bring some hope! Oh yeah, kids don't like losers, so WIN lol
    ....wow ...what a great article!......the passion of this city is unparalleled....the perseverance and loyalty is amazing but that generation gap will be a problem.....we need a new owner desperately to keep this team here.....and an inspiring coach & qb wouldn't hurt either.....
    1. Mike Evans / WR / Texas A&M
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins / TE / Washington
    3. Juwuan James / OT / Tenn.
    4. Shayne Skov / ILB / Stanford
    5. Cassius Marsh / DE / UCLA
    7. Logan Thomas / QB / Virginia Tech

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

winning games wins good fans, losing for 13 years straight gets you empty seats at the stadium and deservedly so !