Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gilmore earning rookie class praise

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Best CB from the draft. Nice.

!!**Official Mocky Draft of da 2014 Buffalo Bills Season**!!

1st - Most Bestestest OT
    2nd - Da Bestest WR
    3rd - Most Titillating TE
    4th - Best RB
    5th - Trade for Tank Carder
    6th - Most Faves CB
    7th - Sexiest Punter

Keep in mind he's doing this with an underperforming pass rush

He's clearly the best DB on this team to the point where QB's are not even throwing at him
    CB S.Gilmore will be a Buffalo Bill come draft day 2012. Mark it down 4-15-12(even though I've been saying for over a month now)

As an outside backer in a 3-4 you want a guy 64 or 65 255 or 260. In a 4-3 those guys are defensive ends."-Buddy Nix (For some reason people have a real tough time understanding this on this Bills Board, Along with the fact that a DE in a 3-4 is a DT in a 4-3)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackington View Post
    I'm a Gilmore fan. I see a lot of Revis' rookie season in Gilmore. That's high praise. But Trent Edwards picked on Revis for his first win; it doesn't mean Revis was the 10th best rookie in the league. Next year Gilmore might be amazing. But he's made no plays, he's a liability in the run game, and has been abused for some really bad TDs.
    At least 2 of those TDs he thought he had safety help. That's not being "abused," that's a rookie mistake. I love when people go over the top with their comments to try to prove a point.

!!**Official Mocky Draft of da 2014 Buffalo Bills Season**!!

1st - Most Bestestest OT
    2nd - Da Bestest WR
    3rd - Most Titillating TE
    4th - Best RB
    5th - Trade for Tank Carder
    6th - Most Faves CB
    7th - Sexiest Punter

Can anyone confirm that 46% completion? That number is pro bowl quality. I think its wrong.
    Mock Draft:
    1st- Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M/Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
    2nd- Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington/Ja'Wuan James, OT, Tennessee
    3rd- Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford
    4th- Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    5th- Preston Brown, LB, Louisville
    7th- Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    Can anyone confirm that 46% completion? That number is pro bowl quality. I think its wrong.
    It's one of the most distrusted stats available. Penalties committed count as an incompletion. Problems with zone coverage.

And honestly, the 46% isn't as impressive as it initially sounds. QBs complete around 50% of the passes past 4 yards, so it's not all-world. i thought I remember Nnamdi having a 20% completion rate one year.

Only 1 stat company keeps that stat.
    When the Bills hired Jauron and Gailey, the team's misfortunes were 100% predictable. At least Marrone has a chance to succeed.

It's one of the most distrusted stats available. Penalties committed count as an incompletion. Problems with zone coverage.

And honestly, the 46% isn't as impressive as it initially sounds. QBs complete around 50% of the passes past 4 yards, so it's not all-world. i thought I remember Nnamdi having a 20% completion rate one year.

Only 1 stat company keeps that stat.
    Well Patrick Peterson allowed 60% last year. Richard Sherman, who I think is the #1 CB in the NFL after Revis allows 52%.

46% is really good.
    Mock Draft:
    1st- Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M/Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
    2nd- Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington/Ja'Wuan James, OT, Tennessee
    3rd- Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford
    4th- Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    5th- Preston Brown, LB, Louisville
    7th- Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio

Gil Brandt
    Stephon Gilmore, CB, Buffalo Bills
    Gilmore might be overlooked in Buffalo, but he’s been a standout defender for the Bills. He’s been targeted by opposing offenses 39 times, but has allowed just 18 catches, a 46.1 percent success rate. He also has 11 passes defensed, 34 tackles and one forced fumble.
    Buff Bandit
    i am right here son, and i stick by what i said, this kid is garbage, cant defend and is a terrible tackler but the media has to try to say something positive about the bills, its just to bad that they chose one of their biggest weaknesses !
    One of these two people is a fool.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg
    14 years. Our Playoff drought has entered puberty.

How has Gilmore actually played this year?

Good , bad, average? I've heard so many different opinions not sure what to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by EricWood69 View Post
    How has Gilmore actually played this year?

Good , bad, average? I've heard so many different opinions not sure what to believe.
    Well, what do YOU think? Formulate your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by goalpucks View Post
    Well, what do YOU think? Formulate your own opinion.
    Eh I don't know it's hard to tell.

If I watched every game in person I'd have a better idea.

What counts as making a play? Just interceptions? I've counted numerous times he has jumped the route or disrupting the receivers catch to force PBs, the most notable one against Gronkowski in the endzone

How the heck is Gilmore rated above Alfred Morris, LaVonte David (who should be in the top 5), and Russell Wilson? This is a terrible list.
    Because he is playing ****ed good football for a rookie despite what some people on these boards think.

Last Sunday was not a good day for Gilmore, but I think a lot of that can was basically rookie growing pains. He is coming along nice in my mind.

Thats fine. We picked him 10th.
    When will the Bills find the heir to Losman?

Sometimes Im not sure if there is more than 1 Bills game on per week... It sure seems like people watch 2 different things. I think Gilmore has been good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Vetter View Post
    Wait, I thought the message board posts here said he is a bust?

FTR, I am glad to hear this...
    Gil Brandt is one of the few that I put stock into what he says.
    it's the same story with Fitz...these boards are ridiculous

Gilmore needs to work on his tackling. I have been a big Gilmore fan, but his tackling does worry me. That is something Offensive coordinators can really use against you. Pretty soon your going to see a lot of screens thrown his way, and if he can't bring them down it will be ugly.

Besides that Gilmore has been fine. Unlike A.Williams he can keep up with with his receiver, and unlike McKelvin can actually make a play on the ball. The only downside to his covering is the fact he has stone hands and can't seem to come down with the ball. I can live with that, because he does what he is suppose to do most of the time, which is not letting that ball get in the receivers hands.

If Gilmore can improve his tackling he will be an all-pro in 2 years.
    Adopt a Bill 2013
    Robert Woods

good news... maybe my next fav bill !!!

orlando2190 Guest

logo Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Brown View Post
    NFL.coms Gil Brandt is out with his Top 20 Rookies list for 2012 and Stephon Gilmore made the top 10. Gilmore was rated 10th best rookie performer through the first half of the 2012 regular season. Here were his thoughts. 10) Stephon*Gilmore, CB, Buffalo Bills Gilmore might be overlooked in Buffalo, but hes been a [...]

Click here to read the latest blog entry...
    I've watched Gilmore a lot this year and even though he's a rookie I wonder how this guy made the team. During the Tennessee game he was beaten all game long. If he played close to the receiver instead of backing off ten yards maybe he could be of some use. Someone needs to coach this guy about defense and how to keep your opponent to three and out.