Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 74

Thread: Why bring him here?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    1,550

    stir the pot Why bring him here?

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    When we already had 3Qbs on the roster? We traded a draft pick away for nothing. They won't give him reps in practice an most likely won't resign him after the season so my question is WHY?

    Now IMO this was a clever PR move on behalf of OBD. So certain fans wouldn't cause an uproar about cutting Young, so they had to bring another guy in. The same exact day actually which is telling you exactly my point. Buffalo has not had a qb like Jackson or Young since the 60s ( James Harris) so its no coincedense that both of these guys ended up on our roster this year. They didn't even try an hide it Smh.

    They were happy after Vince young threw a couple of picks in the Preseason because that gave them an out. Thigpen was allowed to play worse throwin 4in two games (2 went for touchdowns) plus he makes 4million and Vince would have made 1mill. Vince was earning the respect from the fans and locker room , plus he was a real threat to fitz.

    So why do you guys think we Brought in jackson?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    331

    Default

    In case fitz got hurt

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    I love the way you titled this thread. Super ***ue but yet super obvious.
    Adopt a Bill 2013
    Robert Woods

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Goose Creek, SC
    Posts
    4,939

    Default

    As far as I'm concerned, I'm ready to see what the guy can do since the Fitz experiment is pretty much over after Nix's comments.
    "Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try.
    Though we know that time has wings, we're the ones who have to fly" - RUSH

    Help a kid out, join BallBurglar.com

  5. #5

    Default

    I'm assuming you're insinuating that they brought in T-Jax because he's black? Because you said they "haven't had a QB like Jackson or Young since James Harris". And, the only thing those 3 QB's had in common was their skin color. If that's the case, why don't you just come out and say it? Oh, I know, because you're afraid to. In any case, ridiculous post.
    "What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say"

    Marv Levy

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Live in the hood. Work in Kenmore.
    Posts
    11,016

    Default

    Vince Young was cut for the same reason as Cornell Green, David Clowney, and Nick Saenz...he sucked.
    Owner of the BBSFL's Black Rock Skyhawks, est. 2011.


  7. #7

    Default

    insurance

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by new bills order View Post
    I'm assuming you're insinuating that they brought in T-Jax because he's black? Because you said they "haven't had a QB like Jackson or Young since James Harris". And, the only thing those 3 QB's had in common was their skin color. If that's the case, why don't you just come out and say it? Oh, I know, because you're afraid to. In any case, ridiculous post.
    Is it really?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbelt Bills Fan 716 View Post
    Is it really?
    Yeah, it really is.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,255

    Default

    The logical idea on why T-Jax has not been activated is because if he is active for (I think) 6+ games the 7th rd turns into a 6th rd pick. So don't look for T-Jax to be activated untill the Indy game on Nov 25 or the Jacksonville game Dec 2.


    I also think that Chan if full of BS. Carson Palmer was traded on Oct 18, 2011 and then was put in to play on Oct 23, Only 6 days with the team. T-Jax has been with the Bills since Aug 26, your telling me he doesn't know the offense by now?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Matrix View Post
    Vince Young was cut for the same reason as Cornell Green, David Clowney, and Nick Saenz...he sucked.
    Fitz sucks, still on the team as well as Thigpen, kelsay and george wilson but they are still here.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    18,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbelt Bills Fan 716 View Post
    Fitz sucks, still on the team as well as Thigpen, kelsay and george wilson but they are still here.
    Well they obviously didn't suck as bad as Young or any of the other guys we cut. Young hasn't even found another team yet.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flipflop1970 View Post
    In case fitz got hurt
    If Fitz gets hurt Thigpen goes in.

    Jackson is the clear cut #3.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Live in the hood. Work in Kenmore.
    Posts
    11,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbelt Bills Fan 716 View Post
    Fitz sucks, still on the team as well as Thigpen, kelsay and george wilson but they are still here.
    Thankfully, sucking is subjective. Those guys can suck just a little less than the guys they cut. We have no evidence to suggest otherwise, as the vast majority of players we cut (including Vince) are either FAs or have minimal activity in the league. These are the facts. Zero evidence exists to suggest that on this day, Vince Young can lead this team better than Ryan Fitzpatrick. And I despise Fitzpatrick.
    Owner of the BBSFL's Black Rock Skyhawks, est. 2011.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Well they obviously didn't suck as bad as Young or any of the other guys we cut. Young hasn't even found another team yet.
    No team currently needs a Qb except the bills. Watch how the roles reverse next season and Young is back on a team an Fitz is out of football. Fitz has won 4,6 and 3games as our starter..... Yeah he is really good.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,116

    Default

    I can honestly agree that VY was cut so we didnt run into a QB controversy....

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    17,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Well they obviously didn't suck as bad as Young or any of the other guys we cut. Young hasn't even found another team yet.
    ,
    Most teams are set with their QBs. I think they cut VY because they didn't want any competition for Fitz, or at least someone the fans would call for when Fitz plays bad. No one wants Thigpen to start.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    7,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbelt Bills Fan 716 View Post
    No team currently needs a Qb except the bills. Watch how the roles reverse next season and Young is back on a team an Fitz is out of football. Fitz has won 4,6 and 3games as our starter..... Yeah he is really good.
    The Kansas City Chiefs.

    The New York Jets.

    The Jacksonville Jagaurs.

    The Arizona Cardinals.

    And the Oakland Raiders very soon.

    But keep making up reasons in your head that Vince Young is elite and it's a conspiracy that we cut him.
    4-15-BUF 34

    (4:46) (Shotgun) 14-A.Dalton pass deep middle to 11-D.Sanzenbacher to BUF 11 for 23 yards (35-J.Leonhard). Caught in coverage at BUF 15.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    17,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuboirs View Post
    I can honestly agree that VY was cut so we didnt run into a QB controversy....
    this I agree with you on.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    17,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V-Expression View Post
    The Kansas City Chiefs.

    The New York Jets.

    The Jacksonville Jagaurs.

    The Arizona Cardinals.

    And the Oakland Raiders very soon.

    But keep making up reasons in your head that Vince Young is elite and it's a conspiracy that we cut him.
    he may not be that good, but he has won in this league, and the fans would be calling for him to start instead of Fitz.This regime is committed to this guy for some strange reason and does not what to admit they were wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •