Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why bring him here?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Matrix View Post
    Vince Young was cut for the same reason as Cornell Green, David Clowney, and Nick Saenz...he sucked.
    how long did it take before cornell green was cut again? yea I think he lasted the majority of the season as our starting right tackle before he got hurt. So officially he wasn't cut due to poor performance.

That being said, I don't give too much credit to Nix's ability to evaluate talent. Guys like Young manage to win games, he has done it all his career. He's not even good for a back-up spot at $1MM. Pfftt this organization is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by V-Expression View Post
    The Kansas City Chiefs.

The New York Jets.~ Just signed Tebow

The Jacksonville Jagaurs. ~Just drafted Gabbert

The Arizona Cardinals.~They have Kolb and a young Skelton

And the Oakland Raiders very soon. Carson palmer and Terrel Pryor

But keep making up reasons in your head that Vince Young is elite and it's a conspiracy that we cut him.
    So yeah looks like we are the only ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jm2009 View Post
    This roster is not as good as any other team, come on.
    And this constantly crowing about making the playoffs is just as bad. It's not happening. But you seem to think otherwise, why? Because we took Manuel. Nope.
    GO BILLS

We WILL make the Playoffs !!!

2013 Adopt-A-Bill: Ej Manuel

Quote Originally Posted by FlutieShakes View Post
    how long did it take before cornell green was cut again? yea I think he lasted the majority of the season as our starting right tackle before he got hurt. So officially he wasn't cut due to poor performance.

That being said, I don't give too much credit to Nix's ability to evaluate talent. Guys like Young manage to win games, he has done it all his career. He's not even good for a back-up spot at $1MM. Pfftt this organization is embarrassing.
    Then explain why no one has signed him yet since we cut him. Why are the Bills the idiots, of all teams? They're the ones who gave him a shot and discovered he is no longer 'winning' material. They made an effort to see what he's got. What more do you want from them?

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Then explain why no one has signed him yet since we cut him. Why are the Bills the idiots, of all teams? They're the ones who gave him a shot and discovered he is no longer 'winning' material. They made an effort to see what he's got. What more do you want from them?
    Comming from a team who thinks they can win a superbowl with Ryan Fitzpatrick.
    And this constantly crowing about making the playoffs is just as bad. It's not happening. But you seem to think otherwise, why? Because we took Manuel. Nope.
    GO BILLS

whether VY can play or not, the fans would be calling for him to start...thigpen, no way......

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbelt Bills Fan 716 View Post
    No team currently needs a Qb except the bills. Watch how the roles reverse next season and Young is back on a team an Fitz is out of football. Fitz has won 4,6 and 3games as our starter..... Yeah he is really good.
    Are you serious? No one needs a QB except the Bills? Not even a backup? Come on.

whether VY can play or not, the fans would be calling for him to start...thigpen, no way......
    Why does it matter? The Bills want to win just like anyone else. If Young can't play, then he can't play. This isn't some conspiracy to keep Fitz as the starting QB no matter what happens. Young wasn't good enough to make the team. The coaches decided Thigpen is better.

Comming from a team who thinks they can win a superbowl with Ryan Fitzpatrick.
    TE's backup into the franchise QB...this organization embarrassses themselves around the league-except they don't seem to even notice...

Are you serious? No one needs a QB except the Bills? Not even a backup? Come on.
    Why would any team add a backup Qb after he missed all of mini camp and Otas plus preseason?
    GO BILLS

Is that why not a single other team even brought him in for a try out? Do people even think before they say anything?

Quote Originally Posted by flutieshakes View Post
    how long did it take before cornell green was cut again? Yea i think he lasted the majority of the season as our starting right tackle before he got hurt. So officially he wasn't cut due to poor performance.

That being said, i don't give too much credit to nix's ability to evaluate talent. Guys like young manage to win games, he has done it all his career. He's not even good for a back-up spot at $1mm. Pfftt this organization is embarrassing.

Why does it matter? The Bills want to win just like anyone else. If Young can't play, then he can't play. This isn't some conspiracy to keep Fitz as the starting QB no matter what happens. Young wasn't good enough to make the team. The coaches decided Thigpen is better.
    Gailey has a love affair with Fitz, and Thigpen too--why, I do not know....yes it is..they are/were determined to prove he is starter worthy....they didn't even try to draft a QB...we could have had Dalton, for example.

Why would any team add a backup Qb after he missed all of mini camp and Otas plus preseason?
    Injuries? Or if they really believed he was good, they'd find room for him and keep him on the roster for next season. Face it, he wasn't good enough to make the roster and beat out Thigpen.

Quote Originally Posted by inny486 View Post
    Is that why not a single other team even brought him in for a try out? Do people even think before they say anything?
    if he was here now, people would be clammering for him to start and see what he can do.

Injuries? Or if they really believed he was good, they'd find room for him and keep him on the roster for next season. Face it, he wasn't good enough to make the roster and beat out Thigpen.
    thigpen is as bad as it gets in this league-he's horrible...if Fitz' ribs were a problem last season as you have believed, why didn't they bring Thigpen in? VY has a history of winning and whether or not he is bad, that alone would create a controversy with the fans.

Gailey has a love affair with Fitz, and Thigpen too--why, I do not know....yes it is..they are/were determined to prove he is starter worthy....they didn't even try to draft a QB...we could have had Dalton, for example.
    They wouldn't have brought in Young at all if that was the case. Young failed, so now Fitz gets the rest of the season to prove he is starter material, or possibly be replaced by Tarvaris at a point later in the season.

They wouldn't have brought in Young at all if that was the case. Young failed, so now Fitz gets the rest of the season to prove he is starter material, or possibly be replaced by Tarvaris at a point later in the season.
    I'd take starting Jackson now...we know the other guy is a dud as a starting QB.

So your saying he DID NOT beat out both thigpen and fitz in the preseason? Remember we went 0~4.Young being our ONLY playmaker
    GO BILLS

thigpen is as bad as it gets in this league-he's horrible...if Fitz' ribs were a problem last season as you have believed, why didn't they bring Thigpen in? VY has a history of winning and whether or not he is bad, that alone would create a controversy with the fans.
    I honestly don't know why Thigpen was brought in because I don't know the severity of the injury or the degree to which the coaches knew about the severity. And judging by Fitz's play this season, I am willing to admit the ribs possibly weren't as big a problem as once thought. However, before this season, I believe we almost HAD to assume that the poor play last year was due to the ribs, given how good he was prior to the injury.
    And perhaps Young's history with winning would create a controversy with the fans, sure. But do you really think a guy like Chan would care about that? Young didn't make the roster because he was horrible. He was horrible with Philly, he was horrible here. I really wanted Young to have a big preseason so Thigpen would get knocked off the roster and we could have hope if Fitz tanked. But Young proved he was horrible. That's why he isn't on the team, or any other team.

So your saying he DID NOT beat out both thigpen and fitz in the preseason? Remember we went 0~4.Young being our ONLY playmaker
    I really don't know what you're talking about. In 2 of the 3 games Young played, his completion % was below 50%. He threw 0 TDs and 2 picks. 5.3 yards per attempt. He sucked. I was really hoping he would play well and give Fitz a run at the #1 spot, but he didn't. He sucked, and he wasn't a playmaker. I remember one deep throw to TJ Graham and that was it.

I'd take starting Jackson now...we know the other guy is a dud as a starting QB.
    We probably won't see any progress on Jackson until week 10 or so because they want to keep it a 7th rounder instead of a 6th.