Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why bring him here?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    I really don't know what you're talking about. In 2 of the 3 games Young played, his completion % was below 50%. He threw 0 TDs and 2 picks. 5.3 yards per attempt. He sucked. I was really hoping he would play well and give Fitz a run at the #1 spot, but he didn't. He sucked, and he wasn't a playmaker. I remember one deep throw to TJ Graham and that was it.
    Now please post Fitz and thigpens stats Since this is the criteria for cutting bills QBS.
    Last edited by Xmus Jaxon Flaxon-Waxon; 11-08-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbelt Bills Fan 716 View Post
    Now please post Fitz and thigpens stats....
    I kind of agree with you, but they were all bad in the preseason, so it is what it is.

Now please post Fitz and thigpens stats Since this is the criteria for cutting bills QBS.
    Ya know, I'll be honest, they weren't too much better. And I never said they were better. You said he was the ONLY playmaker...
    But the coaches watch every practice and spend time in the meeting rooms and film rooms with these guys and decided that Young was the worst out of the bunch. I really don't know how else to put it. No one's signed him.

Ya know, I'll be honest, they weren't too much better. And I never said they were better. You said he was the ONLY playmaker...
    But the coaches watch every practice and spend time in the meeting rooms and film rooms with these guys and decided that Young was the worst out of the bunch. I really don't know how else to put it. No one's signed him.
    And this is why this entire staff will lose their jobs.

And this is why this entire staff will lose their jobs.
    Haha, if that's what you really think...that cutting Vince Young will cost the staff their jobs..that's you're opinion I guess. I cannot stress enough that no one has signed him yet. So unless a team grabs him and he becomes a starting QB in the NFL, you will be wrong. I gotta say, there's pretty slim odds you'll end up being right.

When we already had 3Qbs on the roster? We traded a draft pick away for nothing. They won't give him reps in practice an most likely won't resign him after the season so my question is WHY?

Now IMO this was a clever PR move on behalf of OBD. So certain fans wouldn't cause an uproar about cutting Young, so they had to bring another guy in. The same exact day actually which is telling you exactly my point. Buffalo has not had a qb like Jackson or Young since the 60s ( James Harris) so its no coincedense that both of these guys ended up on our roster this year. They didn't even try an hide it Smh.

They were happy after Vince young threw a couple of picks in the Preseason because that gave them an out. Thigpen was allowed to play worse throwin 4in two games (2 went for touchdowns) plus he makes 4million and Vince would have made 1mill. Vince was earning the respect from the fans and locker room , plus he was a real threat to fitz.

So why do you guys think we Brought in jackson?
    Just out of curiousity...do you blame everything on race? This might be the dumbest post on a message board full of dumb posts.

Haha, if that's what you really think...that cutting Vince Young will cost the staff their jobs..that's you're opinion I guess. I cannot stress enough that no one has signed him yet. So unless a team grabs him and he becomes a starting QB in the NFL, you will be wrong. I gotta say, there's pretty slim odds you'll end up being right.
    so you're saying this staff sits in a meeting room and come to the conclusion that Fitzpatrick can lead us to a Superbowl? that's what you're telling me?
    This is Fitzpatricks last stop.

so you're saying this staff sits in a meeting room and come to the conclusion that Fitzpatrick can lead us to a Superbowl? that's what you're telling me?
    This is Fitzpatricks last stop.
    Woah woah, back off. I NEVER said that. Jesus Christ, man. We're talking about Vince Young being cut. He was worse than Fitz and Thipen according to the coaches. That's all I'm saying. We'll deal with Fitz for the rest of the year, then hopefully draft a QB in April. I really don't know what the coaches think about Fitzpatrick, no one does. I do know that there weren't many viable options available besides Fitz, so we're stuck with him for now.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalo bob View Post
    Just out of curiousity...do you blame everything on race? This might be the dumbest post on a message board full of dumb posts.
    No, but this particular situation is obvious.

Your right. It has nothing to do with the weird moves this team has made in the past. Come to think of it, they probably drafted spiller because they had to draft someone, but refuse to play him because they obviously hate young people.

they may have got rid of VY to avoid a future controversy-who knows, but race had nothing to do with it.

Woah woah, back off. I NEVER said that. Jesus Christ, man. We're talking about Vince Young being cut. He was worse than Fitz and Thipen according to the coaches. That's all I'm saying. We'll deal with Fitz for the rest of the year, then hopefully draft a QB in April. I really don't know what the coaches think about Fitzpatrick, no one does. I do know that there weren't many viable options available besides Fitz, so we're stuck with him for now.
    No your not saying that, but this organization is by sticking with him and giving him that large contract. At this point NOONE Is worse than Fitz. Another year of no playoffs because we have to "deal with fitz". Young was most definitely a viable option as is jackson now.

No your not saying that, but this organization is by sticking with him and giving him that large contract. At this point NOONE Is worse than Fitz. Another year of no playoffs because we have to "deal with fitz". Young was most definitely a viable option as is jackson now.
    The contract came at a point when the Bills were 5-2 and Fitz was near the top of the league in passing. I certainly believed that he was a playoff-caliber QB at that point. Maybe they did give it to him a bit early, but I really don't blame them for trying to lock up a QB who for the first time in forever got us off to a great first half of the season. It's been about a year now since his contract, and he obviously hasn't lived up to it. Now we will look toward the future, barring a miracle. And Young is not a viable option because no one has signed him. That's the main point, no one has signed him. I don't even know if he's gotten a workout yet. Maybe we'll see Tarvaris if Fitz continues to slide, who knows, who cares. I don't think the future of this team at QB is on the roster, and I don't think Vince Young is the future for anyone.

When we already had 3Qbs on the roster? We traded a draft pick away for nothing. They won't give him reps in practice an most likely won't resign him after the season so my question is WHY?

Now IMO this was a clever PR move on behalf of OBD. So certain fans wouldn't cause an uproar about cutting Young, so they had to bring another guy in. The same exact day actually which is telling you exactly my point. Buffalo has not had a qb like Jackson or Young since the 60s ( James Harris) so its no coincedense that both of these guys ended up on our roster this year. They didn't even try an hide it Smh.

They were happy after Vince young threw a couple of picks in the Preseason because that gave them an out. Thigpen was allowed to play worse throwin 4in two games (2 went for touchdowns) plus he makes 4million and Vince would have made 1mill. Vince was earning the respect from the fans and locker room , plus he was a real threat to fitz.

So why do you guys think we Brought in jackson?
    Here is my answer.

They knew they had to cut Vince Young. He was not worth paying. By cutting him they bailed out on his contract.

That left the Bills with only 2 QBs. And, Chan didn't seem to be in love with the idea of just having Thigpen, if Fitz got hurt. T-Jax was an insurance policy, plain and simple. For a 7th round pick.

The possible upside is *IF* T-Jax resigns with the Bills in the off season the Bills can drop Thigpen and pencil in T-Jax in as their #2. Getting a #2 QB for a 7th round pick is a win. Who is better, T-Jax or Levi Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by intimidatortj View Post
    Here is my answer.

They knew they had to cut Vince Young. He was not worth paying. By cutting him they bailed out on his contract.

That left the Bills with only 2 QBs. And, Chan didn't seem to be in love with the idea of just having Thigpen, if Fitz got hurt. T-Jax was an insurance policy, plain and simple. For a 7th round pick.

The possible upside is *IF* T-Jax resigns with the Bills in the off season the Bills can drop Thigpen and pencil in T-Jax in as their #2. Getting a #2 QB for a 7th round pick is a win. Who is better, T-Jax or Levi Brown?
    I agree with you mostly, but dumping a 1million dollar contract (winner) for a 4million dollar contract (loser) Makes ZERO sense. especially since the guy they cut is a career winner , something we haven't done in 13 seasons.
    Last edited by Xmus Jaxon Flaxon-Waxon; 11-08-2012 at 08:20 PM.

I am over VY but it baffles my mind why TJax has not received any reps or some reps. Why is all the time spent on Fitzpatrick or sometimes Thigpen? In the few tapes we see on the news all Fitz is doing is throwin to open WRs. After all this fruitless time does he need more reps? Keeping his limp arm in shape? Maybe if he threw less in practice he might get off a long one in a game. If OBD is trying to get a better draft pick at 6 rather than 7, they should look what they get at that pick as the previous picks in those rounds are now cutting grass somewhere. Only OBD can do these type of dumb moves and not ev en try to make them work. At 3-13 they will still screw up the picks.

I agree with you mostly, but dumping a 1million dollar contract (winner) for a 4million dollar contract (loser) Makes ZERO sense. especially since the guy they cut is a career winner , something we haven't done in 13 seasons.
    The way he currently plays, he is not a winner. You're labeling him as a winner, but he is not a winner because no one wants him on their team.

stir the pot

VY out played Thig in preseason so I agree a bigger contract for a less talent guy makes no sence. I also agree its kind of fishy they get rid of a black QB for a black QB so quick.. TJax not playing at all not even as a backup is even more fishy since he was traded for. Its also fishy why they wouldn't just play him and if he doesn't do well we can pull him before he plays 6 games. I think this staff won't play him at all and will let him go to FA at the end of the season without even looking at him and that also is fishy. Why use the draft pick and not even take a look.? The season is over in most fans eyes because of the Fitz, games still need to be sold out. It isn't going to sell out with the Fitz in fact many season ticket holders I have talked to said they weren't even going if Fitz was still starting. I agree OP there is a lot of fishy stuff that could be going on. Thig is horrible but yet he is a better option then VY or TJax ? . Now the bad QB depth is biting Nix in the butt, he's the one that made this circus of backups and no options of the future let alone the 2012 season. Again no playoffs and season ticket holders screwed for buying another season everyone wants to lose for a better QB draft choice. As a season ticket holder It would be nice if they showed me they were still trying this season but with Fitz fail all it shows is the staff is set on losing out because we all know Fitz will be lucky to maybe get one more win and that's if Jacksonville continues to lay down. The chan era is now one of the worst ever to be a season ticket holder. Fitz is horrible just like the entire depth that Nix has given us. There better be a change at QB next season because I'm not buying another season of the Pits..oops Fitz

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post
    VY out played Thig in preseason so I agree a bigger contract for a less talent guy makes no sence. I also agree its kind of fishy they get rid of a black QB for a black QB so quick.. TJax not playing at all not even as a backup is even more fishy since he was traded for. Its also fishy why they wouldn't just play him and if he doesn't do well we can pull him before he plays 6 games. I think this staff won't play him at all and will let him go to FA at the end of the season without even looking at him and that also is fishy. Why use the draft pick and not even take a look.? The season is over in most fans eyes because of the Fitz, games still need to be sold out. It isn't going to sell out with the Fitz in fact many season ticket holders I have talked to said they weren't even going if Fitz was still starting. I agree OP there is a lot of fishy stuff that could be going on. Thig is horrible but yet he is a better option then VY or TJax ? . Now the bad QB depth is biting Nix in the butt, he's the one that made this circus of backups and no options of the future let alone the 2012 season. Again no playoffs and season ticket holders screwed for buying another season everyone wants to lose for a better QB draft choice. As a season ticket holder It would be nice if they showed me they were still trying this season but with Fitz fail all it shows is the staff is set on losing out because we all know Fitz will be lucky to maybe get one more win and that's if Jacksonville continues to lay down. The chan era is now one of the worst ever to be a season ticket holder. Fitz is horrible just like the entire depth that Nix has given us. There better be a change at QB next season because I'm not buying another season of the Pits..oops Fitz

So yeah looks like we are the only ones.
    Just signed Tebow sucks

The Jacksonville Jagaurs. ~Just drafted Gabbert sucks

The Arizona Cardinals.~They have Kolb and a young Skelton both suck

And the Oakland Raiders very soon. Carson palmer and Terrel Pryor both suck