Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seriously, 13-27, if Edwards was still QB..............

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Fitz is one of the top QB when it comes to throwing TD's, sadly he also throws a ton of picks because the team is perpetually training because the defense cant keep the other team off the field. Fitz is 100x better than Edwards. I guarantee if the D wasnt a league embarassment Fitz numbers would be better.

Fitz is a significant upgrade on Edwards. That is the problem though. If we had stuck with Edwards, there is a chance we would have ended up with Bradford, Newton, Luck, Tannehill or RG3 - however we could have also ended up with Gabbert, Clausen and the like.

Tough call in retrospect, we would probably have sucked enough to make Gabbert a no nonsense pick knowing us but not badly enough to have got Cam

Quote Originally Posted by paintgirl View Post
    Has Fitz run to the sidelines on 4th and whatever to avoid a hit? NO!!....

Nope, he just throws picks..........and then hangs his head in shame and heads for the sidelines for a little cry.
    Can you dig it?

I'm confused on how people can see a positive difference between the two...

Not one of them is the answer, next question please...
    Jinx

"Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." --- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by premierwildbill View Post
    I mean, seriously, I could list all the wins, Bills would have been no different had Edwards stayed QB as Fitz being QB. It is shameful to think Fitz has in any way made the Bills any better, and that Gailey has been close to good for this franchise.
    When did Savior Edwards get back on these boards?

I mean, seriously, I could list all the wins, Bills would have been no different had Edwards stayed QB as Fitz being QB. It is shameful to think Fitz has in any way made the Bills any better, and that Gailey has been close to good for this franchise.

For the eight billionth time, the Bills decided to rebuild. When they made that decision, they understood that it meant they would suck for the first two years. That's the way rebuilds work. Anyone who judges someone by their win-loss record in the first two years of a rebuild is showing much more about how little they know about football than about the person or team they're commenting on.

And every time I say this, someone who doesn't understand jumps in and gives examples of teams that had big turnarounds in one year. Thing is, none of the examples they give are actually of teams in the first two years of a rebuild. Usually they're teams well after a rebuild, like the 49ers who last rebuilt when they drafted Alex Smith, or the Colts who didn't rebuild at all, they were lucky enough to be able to reload. In a rebuild they'd have traded Freeney and Mathis and one or two of their other old guys who are good. Those aren't the first two years of a rebuild.

The first two years of a rebuild almost always suck. That's the way they're designed.

You judge a player by how well he plays. Fitz is better than Edwards. That doesn't mean he's good enough to lead a team to a Super Bowl title.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    For the eight billionth time, the Bills decided to rebuild. When they made that decision, they understood that it meant they would suck for the first two years. That's the way rebuilds work. Anyone who judges someone by their win-loss record in the first two years of a rebuild is showing much more about how little they know about football than about the person or team they're commenting on.

And every time I say this, someone who doesn't understand jumps in and gives examples of teams that had big turnarounds in one year. Thing is, none of the examples they give are actually of teams in the first two years of a rebuild. Usually they're teams well after a rebuild, like the 49ers who last rebuilt when they drafted Alex Smith, or the Colts who didn't rebuild at all, they were lucky enough to be able to reload. In a rebuild they'd have traded Freeney and Mathis and one or two of their other old guys who are good. Those aren't the first two years of a rebuild.

The first two years of a rebuild almost always suck. That's the way they're designed.

You judge a player by how well he plays. Fitz is better than Edwards. That doesn't mean he's good enough to lead a team to a Super Bowl title.
    we are in year three of this "rebuild" and the results look just as bad as ever...by year three you should be able to compete in your own division, at least some, and this bunch is horrible.we have a good chance to be 2-16 in the division at the end of the season under this regime=failure on a huge level.

As bad as both Checkwards and Fitz both are, I'd still take Fitz over Checky without blinking.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - Jorge Santayana

The Bills defense gave up 20.4 points per game in '09 (Edwards starting). Last year (Fitzpatrick starting) the Bills gave up 27.1 points per game. This year (Fitzpatrick starting) the defense is giving up 31.0 points per game.

In short, Fitzpatrick has had one of the historically worst defenses ever during his time as a starter. It's annoying that people can't realize that there's more than just one player on the team. W/L record should not only be correlated to the QB. Most QBs in the league would have trouble winning games with how bad this defense has been.

If we can get a QB with potential to be top 5 in the league in the draft then I'm all for it. But it's getting tiresome watching people blame Fitzpatrick for everything. He's on pace for close to a 3,500 yard and 30 TD year. Since when is that awful? If the defense wasn't complete trash then that would be good enough to win quite a few games.
    Last edited by suorangefan4; 11-10-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by suorangefan4 View Post
    The Bills defense gave up 20.4 points per game in '09 (Edwards starting). Last year (Fitzpatrick starting) the Bills gave up 27.1 points per game. This year (Fitzpatrick starting) the defense is giving up 31.0 points per game.

In short, Fitzpatrick has had one of the historically worst defenses ever during his time as a starter. It's annoying that people can't realize that there's more than just one player on the team. W/L record should not only be correlated to the QB. Most QBs in the league would have trouble winning games with how bad this defense has been.

If we can get a QB with potential to be top 5 in the league in the draft then I'm all for it. But it's getting tiresome watching people blame Fitzpatrick for everything. He's on pace for close to a 3,500 yard and 30 TD year. Since when is that awful? If the defense wasn't complete trash then that would be good enough to win quite a few games.
    I agree man. But I lurk again, because this board has simply become annoying to be on.

I honestly can't believe this thread exists. Really. Truly. Edwards was a loser. He lost. I'm not even sure he went over 300 yards a game once. I know this board is depressing, but yeeeesh, that's low.

But we'll keep blaming the QB even though the coach has put him and our Star runningbacks in the worst possible position to succeed, and even though the defense is historically bad. Maybe people will wake up when we draft a new QB next year and he can't win because defense sucks.

All Credit goes to AM33 for this Signature!
    Adopt a Bill 2012: Mario Williams, DE
    Adopt a Bill 2013: Robert Woods, WR
    Adopt a Bill 2014: Sammy Watkins, WR

Quote Originally Posted by Jdot View Post
    No team wins Super Bowls in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Billzfan51 View Post
    Edwards would have led this team to at the minimum 4 more wins than Fitzpatrick. Guaranteed. But as a Bills fan trying to move forward that wouldn't have made any **** of a difference. This team might have actually been worse off. So go Fitzpatrick! Get us to the bottom!
    Minimum four more wins huh? I would have liked to see him manage the game to victory over the Raiders and Pats last year. Oh and the Bengals two years ago. I don't see any guarantees.

Fitz looked like he was a young up and coming guy last year, but this year he is about as good as Trent was post concussion. Seriously, what happened? I'd like to see it click for Fitz so we have a shot at .500, we need to break this cycle of losing.

At least when Edwards did decide to throw the ball down the field on the rare occasion, the ball didn't look like it had helium in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Midnite View Post
    I agree man. But I lurk again, because this board has simply become annoying to be on.

I honestly can't believe this thread exists. Really. Truly. Edwards was a loser. He lost. I'm not even sure he went over 300 yards a game once. I know this board is depressing, but yeeeesh, that's low.

But we'll keep blaming the QB even though the coach has put him and our Star runningbacks in the worst possible position to succeed, and even though the defense is historically bad. Maybe people will wake up when we draft a new QB next year and he can't win because defense sucks.
    we need a franchise QB no matter what. Fitz is far from it.

i am not a big fitz fan but i would take him in a flash over captain checkdown !

Prediction:
    "Bills lose to Pats 42-48 in shootout. Fans call for Fitz to be benched after throwing lone Interception on hail Mary pass to end the game. 'This guy is a pick machine!' quoted an irate Bills fan, 'We would have won that game with Edwards. Losman would have made that last throw look easy!'"

Carolina 10
    Cleveland 11
    Jacksonville 11
    Buffalo 13

Since Gailey and Fitz, we have the 4th least number of wins, I find it hard to believe the Bills could be any worse. Edwards had a chance, but lost his head, and turned out to suck. Fitz has always sucked, and never had potential.

My point is the Bills would be better today had they never replaced Edwards. No Fitz tease, and no Fitz contract, and we would have drafted one last year and he would be playing right now.

Carolina 10
    Cleveland 11
    Jacksonville 11
    Buffalo 13

Since Gailey and Fitz, we have the 4th least number of wins, I find it hard to believe the Bills could be any worse. Edwards had a chance, but lost his head, and turned out to suck. Fitz has always sucked, and never had potential.

My point is the Bills would be better today had they never replaced Edwards. No Fitz tease, and no Fitz contract, and we would have drafted one last year and he would be playing right now.
    In your scenario the Bills would have ended up with either Jake Locker (made of glass so Thiggy would be starting) or Blaine Gabbert (worst QB in the NFL) at Quarterback. So which player do you prefer on the team?

I don't feel like going back and comparing numbers right now. But I would say our offensive point totals under Fitzpatrick are much higher than they were under Edwards. Fitz puts up points in this offense and you can't deny that. He'll turn the ball over, but he puts up points.

Carolina 10
    Cleveland 11
    Jacksonville 11
    Buffalo 13

Our defense under Edwards was better though. I don't see how you can compare the two in terms of win totals.