Thread: Buddy's QB draft strategy. Is he saying pass in the 1st & take one in the 2nd? Who?

throwback Buddy's QB draft strategy. Is he saying pass in the 1st & take one in the 2nd? Who?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Buddy is quoted saying that he wants to draft a QB, but that doesn't mean it has to be in the 1st round:

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-c...this-year.html

Nix suggested the Bills might not draft a quarterback with their first pick. He said he doesn't see a can't-miss quarterback in the upcoming draft class like there have been the past couple years.

"You've got guys spread out all over the league that have been successful that didn't go in the first round or the first five or 10 picks," Nix said. "

It certainly sounds like Buddy may not take a QB in the 1st round. Well, let's look at the success of finding an elite QB in the 2nd round:

2011 Andy Dalton
    2010 Jimmy Clausen
    2009 Pat White
    2008 Brian Brohm, Chad Henne
    2007 Kevin Kolb, John Beck, Drew Stanton
    2006 Kellen Clemens, Tarvaris Jackson
    2001 Drew Brees, Quincy Carter, Marques Tuiasosopo
    1999 Shaun King
    1998 Charlie Batch
    1997 Jake Plummer
    1996 Tony Banks
    1995 Todd Collins, Kordell Stewart
    1992 Matt Blundin, Tony Sacca

What % would you consider Elite? Heck, how many are solid LONG term starters?

You have about a 20-1 shot of finding an elite QB in the 2nd round. I don't like the strategy of taking one in the 2nd.

Landry

I would like to see Buffalo try everything in it's power to draft Tyler Wilson from Arkansas. Wilson is big , strong and smart, he plays well in the SEC and does so in a PRO style offense making him more NFL ready then the other QB's coming out. Wilson can move when needed and has a strong arm, I've watched highlights of each Qb coming out this year and I believe that Wilson maybe the best option available, but he will go within the top 10 in the 1st round.

you realize that GM's play games with the draft if they like a player or have a need at a position they down play it i mean buddy nix after the draft said he was passing it around the league that Cordy glenn cant be a LT and he fell to the second so believe nothing these guys say
    "Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said -- A little I'm hurt but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile -- And I'll rise and fight again." marv levy

I like the Manti and Manuel rout
    RIP Ralph
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill-Ron Brooks
    2014 Adopt-A-Bill- Aaron Williams

We are loud and proud.
    We are loyal and compassionate.
    We fight each other in good times and hug each other when times are tough.
    We donít care what the rest of the world thinks of us.
    We will never shut up, give up, or let up.
    We will persevere.
    We ARE True Grit.
    #BillsMafia