Thread: jimmy johnson & Bills Super Loss

Default jimmy johnson & Bills Super Loss

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Just saw the NFL network "a football life" from jimmyjohnson.

I'm from Miami so the story is a bit closer to home. But what a fascinating story. I'm a huge fan. He's a very brilliant leader, motivator and coach. He coaches
    Some of the best bill belicheck, Sean Peyton, and others. Shows you his ability to inspire and teach others. On this documentary that's about 45min you see the whole behind the scenes and it's amazing what he did.

The buffalo bills organization would need a guy like him. I'm surprised Dave Wandstandt is not appearing thus far with that DNA but again as u watch u realize how jimmy has changed and what's important to him and that might be the new thing rubbing off on some of his people. Maybe Dave.

But when I think of a coach or leader I want in a football coach. It's jimmy Johnson. Ask any player they will tell u the same.

Sean Payton maybe an option next season if the bills go that route.

Now among the many revealing things discussed in this documentary is one regarding the bills I had not seen ever before or even heard.

Its sounds like something simple and nothing big but looking back it was huge and now I know why we lost 4 superbowl with out a doubt cause again this might sound obvious but we all have tried to sum up what happened especially as die hard fans and when u re-live those moments.

In here jimmy says why they were going to win those superbowl before they even played the game. This was just amazing to me his confidence. He said "the bills are good, but they turn the ball over, so we are gonna get on them and beat them and knock them out" I was shocked on how simple he put it and as he's speaking they are showing clips of the game and player's interacting Michael Irvin is like we knew buffalo was good but after jimmy said that and we started doing it and seeing it our confidence level grew and we all knew we got this.

Man if I remember those teams we had. They were good. But they did fall apart and many times became soft and were very turnover-ish especially in superbowl w maybe the exception of the first superbowl.

That skins superbowl and then I guess they became that sort of team and it looks like jimmy picked up on that and if I were to divide the late 80s to the first superbowl and from the skins to those next 4-5 years the bills are two different teams w the same players. The earlier team tough and rough. The latter very soft and beatable and turnovers. It's amazing how jimmy saw that and made that his strategy.

I'm impressed.

Well samething with our current bills. No toughness. No leadership. No heart. Simple.

We need that. Other teams have that. That's why they win. We have a decent team. Talented. Needs better leadership. And if the "good enough" qbs are mentally strong enough to overcome. Then fix that. Cause this team is talented. Its all leadership. That's what's missing.

If u like to watch a good story. Watch it.

Go bills!
    2013 the beginning of a new ERA - Go Bills!!!
    http://www.wantickets.com/Events/Sho...v1yUI.facebook - let me know if u want to support angelwish.org

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl...billspics.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PlWZDZboQw-The Dream
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWp-flMnLMQ-This Buds4u!

Visit : www.iexplore.acndirect.com for essential daily services as seen on the "Apprentice Tv Show w Donald Trump"

As I wrote as usual I'm doing multiple things but there towards the end I meant to say if our current qbs situation hasn't progressed. With what we have a decent qb. Then let's fix that. And if we are not aggressive enough on all levels then ets change that. One other thing I saw or noticed was that at the cowboys they changed everything from staff to everyone in the organization and jimmy thought that was needed to be successful. Maybe before Wilson or maybe after but one day that REAL change will change football in buffalo. Its huge. I'm hoping this admin. Lets see. I haven't lost total confidence yet.

I'm friends w family members of the Debartalos and samething was there in the 9ers organization that's what brings the success. Watching the giants. Steelers. Pats. Samething.

The Bills that went to the SB's were 'soft' on both sides of the line other than Bruce Smith. Even in regular season games away from then Rich Stadium they got pushed around by teams like KC & Pittsburgh big time. Thurman's lack of success in other the 1st game showed how weak guys like Richter & Fina were in the trenches. When the Cowboys blitzed hard the line couldn't handle it and Kelly couldn't release the ball quickly enough.

The Bills were easily the best team in the NFL for the first SB year, even went to The Meadowlands and beat the Giants

then got totally outcoached and out-hustled and lost to Hostetler (!!???)

I caught it last night as well and I actually enjoyed it. I always hated Jimmy Johnson back in the day for obvious reasons but I respect the guy for his competitive spirit and his abilities as a leader. This was one of the best football speeches I've ever heard and while I was watching it I was p****ed knowing we def do not have this kind of a motivator in Chan Gailey on our sidelines. The X's and O's are important in football but the game to me will always be about passion
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQI-ZZSxArU
    NOBODY CIRCLES THE WAGONS LIKE THE BUFFALO BILLS

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloFan57 View Post
    The Bills that went to the SB's were 'soft' on both sides of the line other than Bruce Smith. Even in regular season games away from then Rich Stadium they got pushed around by teams like KC & Pittsburgh big time. Thurman's lack of success in other the 1st game showed how weak guys like Richter & Fina were in the trenches. When the Cowboys blitzed hard the line couldn't handle it and Kelly couldn't release the ball quickly enough.
    Soft on both sides of the line? That was a ridiculous statement and obviously you never watched the Bill's Super Bowl teams.

That era Bill's teams were 5 and 3 against the Steelers with Buffalo usually putting up monster scores on the Steelers.

That era Bills were 5 and 2 against the Chiefs.

Buffalo also defeated those teams in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by BillsPride12 View Post
    I caught it last night as well and I actually enjoyed it. I always hated Jimmy Johnson back in the day for obvious reasons but I respect the guy for his competitive spirit and his abilities as a leader. This was one of the best football speeches I've ever heard and while I was watching it I was p****ed knowing we def do not have this kind of a motivator in Chan Gailey on our sidelines. The X's and O's are important in football but the game to me will always be about passion
    Filled his Miami teams up with armed robbers. Took that same strategy to Dallas and overlooked drug use and prostitution.

I wonder how many women and children who dealt drugs to the Cowboys and ran prostitutes for them got killed in his wake?

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloFan57 View Post
    Yea it was a mess. But amazing how jimmy was such a high level motivator. Eye for talent. He buill those teams. When they showed the drafts he did they were nearly all perfect. Wish we had em or someone like em.

Quote Originally Posted by row_33 View Post
    The Bills were easily the best team in the NFL for the first SB year, even went to The Meadowlands and beat the Giants

then got totally outcoached and out-hustled and lost to Hostetler (!!???)
    That was our best superbowl performance and we got beat and well we lost.

Quote Originally Posted by BillsPride12 View Post
    Did u see how bill belicheck hangs w him and just asks him questions and goes out on the boat fishing w him and is constantly asking him questions. I like the Charles Haley moment. Where he says I rather have a guy w an issue than a dumb player at least the smart guy w an issue I can reason I can get him to do something the dumb player no matter what I do he won't listen... lol

we had more than enough talent to win all 4 SB's. The problem is we didnt have a QB who knew how to perform on the biggest stage. He is "godlike" around this MB but he never showed up when the Big boy pants needed to be put on. 4 SB's & 4 poor performances.