Thread: 78 carries

Default 78 carries

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Spiller isn't even getting 10 carries a game. If he had 20 carries a game he would be over 1000 yards already. He could be having an incredible season, but he is being completely wasted.
    When will the Bills find the heir to Losman?

CJ better have 22+ this game or someone needs to check Gailey for dementia

We could have TWO backs with huge numbers. If CJ and Fred saw the field more in different formations we really would be looking at a completely different team....well, offense anyway.
    Boston Red Sox..2013 World Series Champions!!

President of the Yankee Haters Club of Northern New England

Quote Originally Posted by skudz View Post
    Spiller isn't even getting 10 carries a game. If he had 20 carries a game he would be over 1000 yards already. He could be having an incredible season, but he is being completely wasted.
    Never thought I'd say this but I agree with you big time, lol

BTW bring your butt back to the BBSFL, lol
    Earned Never Given, BBSFL Champion

Saepe Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas

"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by billsfaninmaine View Post
    We could have TWO backs with huge numbers. If CJ and Fred saw the field more in different formations we really would be looking at a completely different team....well, offense anyway.
    When we traded Lynch I said back then I thought we should have Traded Freddy and kept Spiller and Lynch that way we had our Smash mouth back and our scat back and we would have no issues at RB as long as Lynch stayed out of trouble... lol

but people hated that idea because everyone is in love with Freddy (for good reason) but I was looking at reality his age and the abilities of Spiller and Lynch...

This stat brings shame into all of our homes.
    sig by slinkcsubacca
    These opinions are the opinions of JustRN. The employers or those affiliated do not endorse the statements made by the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by stuvian View Post
    justRN you are the future of the BBMB.

I feel nothing but shame for this franchise.
    Chan really has no idea what the hell hes doing.
    Can you dig it?

Quote Originally Posted by DaMan_SJC_USMC View Post
    Never thought I'd say this but I agree with you big time, lol

BTW bring your butt back to the BBSFL, lol
    I was in when it started, but my team was given away when I was gone for a week!
    When will the Bills find the heir to Losman?

logo

it seems buddy nix built a team for ground and pound....the bills do sure have the talent to play that way.we have a coach who is way too pass happy.i like coach gailey and i do think he makes the best with what he has.i seem to remember in dallas troy aikman being upset that gailey ran the ball too much.maybe he is worried if he gets one dimensional with becoming a running team opposing teams will load the box up and since fitzie cant throw a 15 yard pass to save his life.the bills would have a lot of 3 and outs?????
    Die Dan die.......Laces out!

If Fred Jackson got twenty carries a game he would most likely have close to a 1000 yards as well, so what exactly is your point?????

The more carries Spiller gets, the more his yard per carry average drops. A couple of weeks ago it was over ten, then eight now in the sevens. Before the end of the year it will be in the sixes and if they increase his load probably be in the high fives. He got off to a hot start. It helped that he played against a Jet team that took a 41-7 lead and the defense fell asleep.

Spiller is improving, he is a great spark but is not a top 10 running back. He isn't even the best running back on his own team and at this particular stage, he isn't as good as Lynch who will more than likely be going to the Pro Bowl and if he continues to plat as he has, he might make All-Pro.

Several of Spillers carries have been on reverses and out of the wild cat where he has time to accelerate before he gets the ball. Gailey is using Spiller wisely, although I admit I would like to see him get the ball more often.

Jackson on the other hand is a workhorse and is a top ten running back in this league and at this point in time a more dependable and versatile runner, a better receiver and a far superior pass blocker.

It is amazing how fickle people are on these boards. Last season at exactly this time, Jackson was an MVP candidate. Now some want to forget about him because someone else has made a handful of good plays.

Fans????????????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by billsfaninmaine View Post
    Well said!!

Quote Originally Posted by Otishawk View Post
    If Fred Jackson got twenty carries a game he would most likely have close to a 1000 yards as well, so what exactly is your point?????

The more carries Spiller gets, the more his yard per carry average drops. A couple of weeks ago it was over ten, then eight now in the sevens. Before the end of the year it will be in the sixes and if they increase his load probably be in the high fives. He got off to a hot start. It helped that he played against a Jet team that took a 41-7 lead and the defense fell asleep.

Spiller is improving, he is a great spark but is not a top 10 running back. He isn't even the best running back on his own team and at this particular stage, he isn't as good as Lynch who will more than likely be going to the Pro Bowl and if he continues to plat as he has, he might make All-Pro.

Several of Spillers carries have been on reverses and out of the wild cat where he has time to accelerate before he gets the ball. Gailey is using Spiller wisely, although I admit I would like to see him get the ball more often.

Jackson on the other hand is a workhorse and is a top ten running back in this league and at this point in time a more dependable and versatile runner, a better receiver and a far superior pass blocker.

It is amazing how fickle people are on these boards. Last season at exactly this time, Jackson was an MVP candidate. Now some want to forget about him because someone else has made a handful of good plays.

What planet are you on? Your assessment is completely wrong other than of course his ypc will come down with more carries. Every running back in the history of the nfl would.

And how important is that when our QB can't complete a pass more than 15 yards down the field?

Buddy still making excuses for Chan - "I leave that up to the coaches, if we ran him 25 to 30 times and he got hurt you guys would be the first to yell at me".

COME ON with these worn out, cheap, cliche excuses.

1) The point is CJ Spiller is the one physical mismatch the Bills have. The one player on this team that can make plays because he is more athletic than the other teams best defenders.

2) CJ isn't the best RB on his own team? Check the yards per touch.

3) The fans are fickle? WE ARE 3-5 AGAIN. WE HAVEN'T MADE THE PLAYOFFS SINCE 1999. Whoever gets us there at this point. However we can win. Fred Jackson WAS an MVP candidate. He WAS doing well last year. This is 2012, not 2011. CJ Spiller has passed him and left him in the dust. Sorry Freddy, you are 31 and not fast anymore.

Otis its time for you to get out of 2011 and start seeing the game as it is right NOW. CJ should be starting and getting 20 carries a game. Also he should gets runs in traditional running formations. Not gimmick shotgun runs.

chan is that you????
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/fredsig.jpg/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    everyone has to believe in something.......i believe i'll have another beer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa9LNPwZIGA

"He's not going to struggle. He'll get better, and he's not going to turn the ball over. We've got our quarterback, and we're going to get started in the right direction. We've got to do that, and we know it."-Buddy Nix after game 1

yeah we all came to the conclusion Gailey is a handicap when it comes to coaching and cant run a offense let alone a whole team.

I was in when it started, but my team was given away when I was gone for a week!
    I don't recall that...

Rg3 has 81 carries. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by dogg View Post
    yeah we all came to the conclusion Gailey is a handicap when it comes to coaching and cant run a offense let alone a whole team.
    This is one thick-skulled coach who rather stick with his system with a weak-armed Qb and average receivers than to utilize his strengths blessed with what could be the best 1-2 running back punch in the league in combination with a mauling run-blocking line. If this isn't the most outrageous and incompetent coaching stubborness ever witnessed, I don't know what is.