Thread: 5 Things to Take Away From Today's Game

Default 5 Things to Take Away From Today's Game

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

That was one of the most disappointing losses I've ever seen today. At least we play Thursday so it won't sting for too long.

1. What was going on with the officiating in the first half today? A couple of absolutely terrible PI calls, ticky tack holds, just a bunch that made you scream "WHAT?!". This game could have been much different without some of those calls, especially the Gilmore PI in the endzone, that ball was uncatchable and gave the Pats an easy score.

2. Spiller needs to be touching the ball 25+ times per game. He's the fastest guy on the field, the shiftiest guy on the field, and the most explosive guy on the field whenever he's out there. Theres just one problem...he isn't out there enough! Spiller has the potential to be one of the leagues elite playmakers, some of the plays he makes are the definition of making something out of nothing. As one of the announcers said: let him run in 20 times and throw it to him 10 times. I couldn't agree more.

3. The Interception, in my opinion, is on Fitzpatrick. I understand TJ ran the wrong route, he manned up and said that. That doesn't make it better. All we needed was a chunk of yards, not the home run. Pick up a completion, spike the ball, and then make a play. That throw was right into the arms of McCourty, and even if the wrong route was ran, Fitz needs to look elsewhere. The ball should have been in Spillers hands there, he's the playmaker and he was playing out of his mind. NFL QB's don't make that throw. I can't say Fitz had a bad game, he played incredible for 59 minutes, and 1/40 throws shouldn't completely discredit that, but that one throw brought him from a hero to a clown in the eyes of many.

4. Can we please draft some linebackers that can stop the run? Ridley isn't exactly a world beater and we make him look like a perennial pro-bowler. This team needs a guy who can get in there and stuff the run, it seems Sheppard isn't that guy. Has he made a single game altering play his whole career here? Barnett is the only capable LB on this team and until we change that, teams are going to continue to gash us.

5. This team, at least today, showed they have heart. There are no moral victories in the NFL, all that matters is W-L. But today, this team showed a lot of heart on that field. After Fitz got hit by Spikes, he didn't tuck his tail like Brady would do. Fitz got right up in his face and told him off. Thats heart, thats a will to win. After Freddie got blasted and fumbled on the final drive, Spiller was right there with him and got pissed off. He knew the players that hurt him didn't show respect and he wanted to make them pay. Unfortunately, heart won't win you a football game, but I'd rather watch this team go out there and show that pride than lay down like they've been known to do.

Looks like we have to win out. Possible? Yes. Likely? Not at all. But this is the NFL, stranger things have happened. Go Bills!
    Adopt-a-Bill 2014-15 - Nickell Robey

At least we didnt have any 22 yard punts.............i know, i know...........i made the same remark last week too, but i think its news-worthy and im just so happy that at least one things going right for this team.
    Can you dig it?

Great post!! This needs to be stickied

I agree with everything you said. I would add the fact that not only the are LBs worthless against the run, but equally worthless in pass coverage. I mean, Barnett got tourched all **** day by Welker and Woodhead. Need to figure out something better there as far as the coverage goes. Spiller is the way forward for this team. Get him involved more, you have to. He makes something out of nothing and if utilized properly the other team will focus on him and maybe forget about Stevie.
    R.I.P. US Army Captain James Nehl. "Rangers Lead the Way" OEF 12

we been saying to get spiller involved more and what does buffoon gailey do he starts fumble jackson im tired of seen that **** every ****ing week can some one smack gailey in the face and force his old *** to let spiller play all gailey is doing is waisting his career on the bench its pathetic every week same **** this team is a joke and our d is the worse d i seen in years the lbs are a joke cant even stop the run

Great post...and I agree with all your 5 points

To expand on point #1...on that Gilmore call i was screaming at my TV...THAT WAS UNF***INGCATCHABLE. 10 yards out the back of the endzone
    How about the PI call (I forget which bills player it was on) that was covering Gronk....when the pass was targeting Edelman who was 30+yards away from Gronk. IF its a penalty it needs to be illegal contact, NOT def PI

I thought we dominated the Pats, im so mad we lost. Fitz played well, i really like the guy but just doesnt have it. I was pumped when he was hit late and got up mad and went over and got mad!

In other news, im wasted and cant type, see above

Great post. This team is screaming for lb help. We need a hybrid guy that can actually cover and stop the run.

Quote Originally Posted by daBillsdaBillsdaBills View Post
    To expand on point #1...on that Gilmore call i was screaming at my TV...THAT WAS UNF***INGCATCHABLE. 10 yards out the back of the endzone
    How about the PI call (I forget which bills player it was on) that was covering Gronk....when the pass was targeting Edelman who was 30+yards away from Gronk. IF its a penalty it needs to be illegal contact, NOT def PI
    That was one of the most ridiculous calls I've seen. I believe the PI you're talking about was on Byrd, and if anything, should have been illegal contact. 5 yard penalty, not 17!
    Adopt-a-Bill 2014-15 - Nickell Robey

Spiller, Spiller, Spiller! Is Gailey nuts!