Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitzpatrick wasn't good today...

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

How about we say exactly what happened? Fitzpatrick played very well, even considering New England has a poor pass defense. At the end of the game, he made what was possibly an ill advised throw to a rookie, who made a rookie mistake while there were other options available.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    The ball is thrown before the reciever gets there. Thats how its usually played in the NFL. You trust your reciever to get to the right spot. If you look at the coverage, Fitz made the right read and throw, unfortunately the receiver did the wrong thing. Its fine you blame Fitz but thats what happend.
    perfectly said. You put it in a spot and expect the receiver to be there. End of Story. Receiver runs the wrong route and it's game over. Runs the right route Buffalo wins a nail biter by 1 point. At worst it's down at the 1 or 2 yard line. Out of all the Fitz F ups this year, this actually wasn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by CanesRugbyBillsFootball View Post
    How about we say exactly what happened? Fitzpatrick played very well, even considering New England has a poor pass defense. At the end of the game, he made what was possibly an ill advised throw to a rookie, who made a rookie mistake while there were other options available.
    Ok I lied. This one was said even better

Quote Originally Posted by wvbillsfan View Post
    You guys kill me. We lost this game but it wasnt because of fitz. Screw the int. the guy threw for 337 yards. How about Fred doesnt fumble twice. Once on the one and the other cost a timeout. How about Donald jones catches a pass. Or even gets up instead of costing us a pride timeout. Heres a novel thought. Maybe the defense can stop somebody. You can place blame on a lot of people but to place this game, this one game right here, was not his fault. Interception or not.
    How about Fitz didn't turn the ball over twice? At least Fred can use the excuse that he got knocked unconscious on that second fumble. What's Fitz's excuse?
    Favorite (Bills) Player: Jackson and Goodwin

Fred is a running back. Lower the boom. Get down. He isn't a defenseless wr. He his a 200 lb man with a full head of steam. I can make excuses for fitz but he wasn't the problem today. I'm not a fitz lover at all but the guy was good today. 500 yards of offense. Take your fitz hater glasses off, watch a game with objectivity and get back to me

OH yeah, real good TC, HA. I loved how Shannon Sharpe bashed Fitz and the Bills. Fitz can look good when they are down by 21 but if a games close he can never come through and yet the Bills stick with him. Just what I want, a QB that can bring my team back only to throw the game away with a INT or fumble because he can never handle pressure, and then never accepting blame ever after games. There's a reason he was a career back up before coming to Buffalo yet the Bills will continue to go year after year of not making the playoffs because they are too stupid to realize they need a Good QB to win in this league.

logo

never fool your own QB, if it wasn't for fitz we would have never been in the game. talk to the coach about penalties and DW about defence.

I have been very critical of Fitz the past few weeks and we need to address QB in the draft, but its tough for me to put this one on him. He played very well throughout the game. He may (or may not) have been responsible for the last INT, but if Chandler hauls in the TD on the play before- a tough catch I know- we are talking about one of the best performances in a long time, going on the road and winning in NE.
    Quote Originally Posted by sackbrady View Post
    who cares how I type do you think your better then me I dont type much only on here so if you want to make yourself feel better buy making fun of my typing abilities then go for it but I would be very careful like my father always said be nice to everyone you never know who could be your boss!!!!!!
    helpful advice from a fellow message board member

Quote Originally Posted by DCBillsfan View Post
    ...he was better than good, as in outstanding, outplaying a hall of famer in his home stadium. Fitz threw for 100 yards more than Tommy boy, and, even with the pick (which was the self-admitted fault of the receiver), he had a higher QB rating, and in the process, set a FRANCHISE RECORD for first downs. Brady and the Pats had the zebras clearly on their side. Fitz played like a franchise guy and deserves to be a hero today. It's a crying shame that he was victimized by not only poor receiver play on that final series (drop by Jones, wrong pattern by Graham, as well as a fumble by Jackson), but by a defense that once again gave up a ton of points. Fitz nearly overcame all of these obstacles and the fans should be EXTREMELY proud of #14 right now!!!!!!!!!
    No he didn't Brady out played him 2:1. Where does this stupidity come from? Holy **** what the **** people I find it hard to think you even watched the game. Look at the stats Fitz matched his TDs with turnovers ONCE AGAIN. He has never played a game against NE without multiple turnovers that is a horrible stat. You try to troll and troll but all you do is make yourself look stupid.

Fitz wasn't Bad, I'm for one am not a huge Fitz supporter but the guy played like we needed him to play for this team. Gailey has too much trust in players, put the ball in Spiller hands. But this lost was honestly the defense fault, they couldn't stop Brady enough, they did stop them when it counted in the 4th but the 1st 3 qtr's, Brady lit them up, they didn't get any takeaways, their just bad. Fitz played well enough, that if the defense was solid we'd probably win that game 31-17.
    "Nobody circles the wagons, like the BUFFALO BILLS"

A BILLS Mafia member
    follow me on twitter @Scorpio_1st

"The Drafts are right, it's the Mocks that are wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio83 View Post
    Fitz wasn't Bad, I'm for one am not a huge Fitz supporter but the guy played like we needed him to play for this team. Gailey has too much trust in players, put the ball in Spiller hands. But this lost was honestly the defense fault, they couldn't stop Brady enough, they did stop them when it counted in the 4th but the 1st 3 qtr's, Brady lit them up, they didn't get any takeaways, their just bad. Fitz played well enough, that if the defense was solid we'd probably win that game 31-17.
    Brady has had only 7, 3 an outs in over 100 possessions. The defense did what it had to make the game winnable in the end. 4 turnovers and 2 came from little Fitz one to cost us the game like usual. Stop lying to yourself and actually watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by third down shaud View Post
    I have been very critical of Fitz the past few weeks and we need to address QB in the draft, but its tough for me to put this one on him. He played very well throughout the game. He may (or may not) have been responsible for the last INT, but if Chandler hauls in the TD on the play before- a tough catch I know- we are talking about one of the best performances in a long time, going on the road and winning in NE.
    Agreed. That's the way I feel as well. I think fitz played very well but you can't make that mistake at the end and you can't win with the refs pullling for the other team.

It's sad that a QB with 2 TDs and 2 Turnovers is considered to have a good game. Shows how bottom of the barrel Fitz is.
    Even in Gaileys guru football system Fitz still sucks. You might bring up his completions but you can't stop a guys turnovers only he can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by GMBNix View Post
    It's sad that a QB with 2 TDs and 2 Turnovers is considered to have a good game. Shows how bottom of the barrel Fitz is.
    Even in Gaileys guru football system Fitz still sucks. You might bring up his completions but you can stop a guys turnovers only he can do that.
    he did play well, Graham runs the right route, and if the refs don't bet on this game, outcome is very different, your hatred of Fitz is clouding your dubious judgement

"If ever a man had it all, it would have to be me"

"living is easy with eyes closed"

Bills mock (subject to change many times by May)

1) trade with Rams again 9 for 13 + 44 Kony Ealy DE
    2) Antonio Richardson OT Tenn.
    2)Troy Niklas TE ND
    3)Jeremiah Attaochu OLB GT
    4) Kenny Ladler DB Vandy
    5)Andrew Jackson MLB W. Kent.
    7)Russell Bodine C,G N. Caro

I finished the game thinking that it went better then expected. I honestly thought the game would be over by halftime. I will say that I would have rather seen Fitz throw that ball to Stevie (had about a yard of seperation when the ball was thrown, but had his guy beat) or Spiller (Open on the 5). I can understand not wanting to throw to spiller due to his position and where he was on the field. If he doesn't make that a TD then the game probably ends right there, but IMO on that play he should go for Stevie. That being said, the decision to go to Graham wasn't a bad one. If Graham would have run the correct route, that throw goes right to him and that's game. We talk about this being the best game of the season, and maybe we CAN sal***e this season. When all is said and done though, I think we get two things out of this game: I think this team looks much sharper on offense for the remainder of the year. I also think that this is the opportunity that spiller gets to force chan to make him the feature back. With Fred Injured and a short week, If spiller can have a monster game on Thursday and Buffalo pulls off a win, its spiller time, no looking back.

This might be where we start to see the defense begin to slowly come together to finish the year a bit better as well. We can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by bilzfancy View Post
    he did play well, Graham runs the right route, and if the refs don't bet on this game, outcome is very different, your hatred of Fitz is clouding your dubious judgement
    he made a bad read..ball should have went to spiller.

Quote Originally Posted by bilzfancy View Post
    So you're saying Fitz threw with his eyes closed b.c the defender was right there waiting for the ball from Fitz. Your man love for him sickens me even in a game where he turns the ball over two times you still love him. Fitz must have a record for most turnovers against a single team in 4 games 12 turnovers. Two wide open WRs but our QB can't handle the pressure so he tunnel visioned and didn't see 2 other players that can make plays. Instead the "vet" went to the rookie hahahahaha.

A good game for bad QBs is the ability to lose it at the end of the game this is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by wvbillsfan View Post
    Fred is a running back. Lower the boom. Get down. He isn't a defenseless wr. He his a 200 lb man with a full head of steam. I can make excuses for fitz but he wasn't the problem today. I'm not a fitz lover at all but the guy was good today. 500 yards of offense. Take your fitz hater glasses off, watch a game with objectivity and get back to me
    These people are clueless ... No way a first or second year QB has the game Fitz had yesterday! Also, all this Gailey talk is just as ridiculous. Wannstedt should have been fired already ... Gailey is a magician for what he's been able to accomplish on offense!

Quote Originally Posted by SWLYUOT View Post
    These people are clueless ... No way a first or second year QB has the game Fitz had yesterday! Also, all this Gailey talk is just as ridiculous. Wannstedt should have been fired already ... Gailey is a magician for what he's been able to accomplish on offense!
    Against a bad passing defense I bet a rookie would do better b.c he wouldn't have the turnovers. Fitz is a turnover machine he love giving the ball to NE 12 turnovers in 4 games against NE. The facts speak for themselves, Gailey can bring his completion % up but he cannot stop the turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by GMBNix View Post
    So you're saying Fitz threw with his eyes closed b.c the defender was right there waiting for the ball from Fitz. Your man love for him sickens me even in a game where he turns the ball over two times you still love him. Fitz must have a record for most turnovers against a single team in 4 games 12 turnovers. Two wide open WRs but our QB can't handle the pressure so he tunnel visioned and didn't see 2 other players that can make plays. Instead the "vet" went to the rookie hahahahaha.

A good game for bad QBs is the ability to lose it at the end of the game this is hilarious.
    I'm glad I can sicken you cause you are freaking clueless when it comes to football

"If ever a man had it all, it would have to be me"

"living is easy with eyes closed"

Bills mock (subject to change many times by May)

1) trade with Rams again 9 for 13 + 44 Kony Ealy DE
    2) Antonio Richardson OT Tenn.
    2)Troy Niklas TE ND
    3)Jeremiah Attaochu OLB GT
    4) Kenny Ladler DB Vandy
    5)Andrew Jackson MLB W. Kent.
    7)Russell Bodine C,G N. Caro