Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fitzpatrick wasn't good today...

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by eregitano View Post
    I'm saying get the ball to one of your prime weapons. Not a guy who is still learning where he needs to be. It's asking for trouble.
    I was screaming this yesterday too.

Why target a rookie in that situation? Especially a shorter speed guy like TJ??
    I may not go to church, but I pay for my sins by being a Buffalo Bills fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle941 View Post

Once again Fitz makes a bad throw and bad choice at the worst time.

Quote Originally Posted by DCBillsfan View Post
    ...he was better than good, as in outstanding, outplaying a hall of famer in his home stadium. Fitz threw for 100 yards more than Tommy boy, and, even with the pick (which was the self-admitted fault of the receiver), he had a higher QB rating, and in the process, set a FRANCHISE RECORD for first downs. Brady and the Pats had the zebras clearly on their side. Fitz played like a franchise guy and deserves to be a hero today. It's a crying shame that he was victimized by not only poor receiver play on that final series (drop by Jones, wrong pattern by Graham, as well as a fumble by Jackson), but by a defense that once again gave up a ton of points. Fitz nearly overcame all of these obstacles and the fans should be EXTREMELY proud of #14 right now!!!!!!!!!
    HEY DC fan: Did fitz win the game??? NO .... thats all that matters.

Fitz DID NOT make enough plays to win the game ...... good QBs find a way to win that game.
    No Chan, No Wanny, No Fitz ...... 2013 will be a good year!

Quote Originally Posted by wvbillsfan View Post
    You guys kill me. We lost this game but it wasnt because of fitz. Screw the int. the guy threw for 337 yards. How about Fred doesnt fumble twice. Once on the one and the other cost a timeout. How about Donald jones catches a pass. Or even gets up instead of costing us a pride timeout. Heres a novel thought. Maybe the defense can stop somebody. You can place blame on a lot of people but to place this game, this one game right here, was not his fault. Interception or not.
    As much as I'm disappointed with Picspatrick he did play well yesterday, he was throwing the ball down the field better and the Bills were there at the end of the game.

Try and shuffle blame on Fred for his fumbles is wrong, the last fumble happened because the dude was knocked out. Watch the play and the hit to his head. The first fumble was him trying to do win the game on his own and that fumble didn't hurt as the D, yes the D held NE to a rare 3 and out and the Bills did come right down the field and score a TD. They held NE to 13 points in the 2nd half and 2 FG's in the 4th.

Take away the BS penalties and the Bills D played great.

Picspatrick made a bad decision at the end of the game and the Bills lost plain and simple. He played great and made 1 bad decision.

That being said, if he could play like that every week then most fans wouldn't have a problem with him as the QB.

2014 Mock
    1. OT Jake Matthews - Texas A&M
    2. TE Troy Niklas - Notre Dame
    3. DE Kareem Martin - North Carolina
    4. QB A.J. McCarron - Alabama
    5. CB Terrance Mitchell - Oregon
    6. Traded to Tampa for Mike Williams
    7. G - Spencer Long - Nebraska

...he was better than good, as in outstanding, outplaying a hall of famer in his home stadium. Fitz threw for 100 yards more than Tommy boy, and, even with the pick (which was the self-admitted fault of the receiver), he had a higher QB rating, and in the process, set a FRANCHISE RECORD for first downs. Brady and the Pats had the zebras clearly on their side. Fitz played like a franchise guy and deserves to be a hero today. It's a crying shame that he was victimized by not only poor receiver play on that final series (drop by Jones, wrong pattern by Graham, as well as a fumble by Jackson), but by a defense that once again gave up a ton of points. Fitz nearly overcame all of these obstacles and the fans should be EXTREMELY proud of #14 right now!!!!!!!!!

How can you be proud of the guy who LOST the game for the team. Fumbled away 7 points to give the momentum to the Pats early in the game. Threw another interception late in the game to prevent another 7 points. That's 14 points right there. 14 point difference means the Bills would have won the game if they had a quarterback instead of PitifulPatrick. I think some fans on this board hit the bong before they come on.

http://youtu.be/ogmo5OMICEQ

Try that for some therapy DC and Couboirs

Fitz played good for 59:20 minutes. His interception(i know Graham took blame) outweighs what he did for the first 59:20 minutes.

if your team is a joke, and the other team is 100% sure they can't possibly lose the game, they don't mind allowing you to check down all game long between the 20s

this can lead to the joke QB racking up Messiah-like stats while collecting the L

this strategy does backfire on occasion, a sucker should never get an even break

Mrs. FItzpatrick your son is a fine boy. He just can't play football. Other than that I think he is a good young man. You did a good job of raising him. I bet he was a boy scout then he was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by row_33 View Post
    if your team is a joke, and the other team is 100% sure they can't possibly lose the game, they don't mind allowing you to check down all game long between the 20s

this can lead to the joke QB racking up Messiah-like stats while collecting the L

this strategy does backfire on occasion, a sucker should never get an even break
    Go Root for the jets clown

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    The ball is thrown before the reciever gets there. Thats how its usually played in the NFL. You trust your reciever to get to the right spot. If you look at the coverage, Fitz made the right read and throw, unfortunately the receiver did the wrong thing. Its fine you blame Fitz but thats what happend.
    LMAO, yes the ball is thrown before the receiver gets to the spot but if the DB is in that spot from the very beginning of the play , you just made a really bad read. This is what happened on this play.

your right but there is one problem he ruined it all when it counted unlike tommy and lost the game for the bills.

go look @ the film again not only was spiller open on the 10 all by himself but donald jones was also wide open on the 3 yard line on the right side.

fitz had so many people open it was not funny and he thru to the only place where there was all the coverage.

he had all freaking day to survey the field because they only rushed 3 .

besides loosing with the game on the line he played well.

even the NE announcers coutdnt believe he threw that ball and they said as much and i heard them. "what a dumb throw by Ryan fitzpatrick"

the film does not lie,it tore my guts out he could have had a sandwich out there thats how much time he had.

then look @ donald jones easy six and there was nobody near cj on the 10. fitz was fixated on one guy,looked off the LB and then just winged it right to the CB he never went thru his second or third read why i dont know.

if you dont win you dont play great,its not about playing great its about winning. even shannon sharp put it on fitz he is not a starting NFL qb AND ANYONE HERE WHO THINKS HE IS IS A FREAKING HOMER.

believe me nobody wishes more than me that he was good because if we had and adaquate QB we would be tied for first place.

I agree,int included, Fitz played a GREAT game. Youd have to be blind to say different

And still people take DC's trolling seriously. How embarassing.
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle941 View Post

......I'm still looking at video of that last play where Spiller was WIDE open!.....you would think a veteran qb would want to go to Spiller, Stevie or Chandler over the rookie?....it made absolutely no sense......
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by yavstr View Post
    As much as I'm disappointed with Picspatrick he did play well yesterday, he was throwing the ball down the field better and the Bills were there at the end of the game.

Try and shuffle blame on Fred for his fumbles is wrong, the last fumble happened because the dude was knocked out. Watch the play and the hit to his head. The first fumble was him trying to do win the game on his own and that fumble didn't hurt as the D, yes the D held NE to a rare 3 and out and the Bills did come right down the field and score a TD. They held NE to 13 points in the 2nd half and 2 FG's in the 4th.

Take away the BS penalties and the Bills D played great.

Picspatrick made a bad decision at the end of the game and the Bills lost plain and simple. He played great and made 1 bad decision.

That being said, if he could play like that every week then most fans wouldn't have a problem with him as the QB.
    pretty nice post...

Quote Originally Posted by LABILLBACKER View Post
    ......I'm still looking at video of that last play where Spiller was WIDE open!.....you would think a veteran qb would want to go to Spiller, Stevie or Chandler over the rookie?....it made absolutely no sense......
    The Pats couldn't have possibly forgotten about Spiller...they were attempting to take away the endzone, and force the Bills to dump the ball. That being said, and in retrospect, it sure sounds like a good option now!

FITZ performance pretty much guarantees him the starting QB role for some time to come in buffalo.........now lets draft manti TE'O and were good!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuboirs View Post
    FITZ performance pretty much guarantees him the starting QB role for some time to come in buffalo.........now lets draft manti TE'O and were good!
    Absolutely agree...

Absolutely agree...
    They see me trollin' , they hatin'..............