Thread: With Freddy out, Spiller will be winning us some games

Default With Freddy out, Spiller will be winning us some games

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I know Freddy can be effective, but he can be all but blamed for the loss on Sunday.

When Freddy went out earlier this year, Spiller ran wild. Look for him to be on fire in the next few games.

I would also look for a potential trade of Freddy in the off-season. Not only has he been hurt three times in 2 years, he also cost us that game against the Pats, which won't sit well with management. He is on the tail end of his career, even for those of you who don't want to believe that. I would MUCH rather see a mid-late round draft pick sit behind Spiller, or pick up a bruising RB for change of pace, like Brandon Jacobs, Michael Bush et al.

But look out: I say Spiller blows up and ends up with 1500+ yards total this year or more, and he sits firmly as our top back next year. We will win more games this year. Trade up for a QB and be on the next train to competing. I'm with Gailey when I say I think we'll compete for the last wildcard spot.

Better to get hot now, than early in the year. We're healthy enough to pull it off.

LET'S DO THIS!
    Who's got two thumbs and thinks we finally have a good GM and HC?

This guy.

I almost cheered when they said concussion-like. Not because I wish injury, but because Chan will HAVE TO PLAY CJ!
    Hopelessly devastated Bills fan.

Quote Originally Posted by cdub_bills_12 View Post
    I almost cheered when they said concussion-like. Not because I wish injury, but because Chan will HAVE TO PLAY CJ!
    id rather have freddie just play less snaps and be healthy!
    go bills
    go sabres
    go knicks
    go sox

steve johnson is our future star
    Fred jackson is my adopted player this year!!
    freddie freddie!!
    should change my username but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshawn-2-the-housee View Post
    Well, me too... I would love to have both of them healthy and Chan make good choices on how to use them... but he hasn't done it. At least now, we know that CJ has to get the touches.

I actually like the way Gailey uses both, just need to switch them around... touches should be 70-30% (CJ)
    Hopelessly devastated Bills fan.

Agreed...

CJ should be starter and Freddy should be the guy that gives CJ a break
    Earned Never Given, BBSFL Champion

Saepe Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas

"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Vince Lombardi

You're crazy.

CJ Spiller is the engine of this offense. Fred Jackson moves piles, he makes contact and is hard to tackle. There is nothing wrong with his game. But lets not pretend that Jackson is better than CJ. They both have their roles on this team, CJ Spiller opens up the game with his speed. He is the ideal back for this offense, which is a good problem to have when your starting back goes down.

Mark my words. Spiller as back 2 gets 6-10 carries a game. Choice as back 2 will get 15.

People don't understand, it is going to be difficult for us to score more than we have been. I'm not sure Spiller will make that much of a difference with our defense. Its not like we automatically score 40+ points with Spiller in the game, which is what we are going to need to ensure a win.

It sucks that we all have to cheer for one of our favorite Bills to be injured just so the coaching staff can put in probably the best player we have on our team in the lineup. This is the kind of thing that makes me upset with Gailey, I like him, I think he can be a winning coach but why does it have to take a guy getting hurt to get the better player in the stinking lineup, you play your best players, this isn't about hurting others feelings it's about winning games.