Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bills D Essentially Last in the League !!! How is Wannstedt Still Employed ???

Default Bills D Essentially Last in the League !!! How is Wannstedt Still Employed ???

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...1&d-447263-n=1

Tell me how we are supposed to justify this?

Again, and again, and again, we see the same threads. The "D" though not great last game, played well considering the team they were playing.

Go Bills!!!
    Marcel, Kyle Williams, and Mario Williams in for the sack. Its a ham sandwich!!!!

"The only things you will regret in life are the risks not taken"

Quote Originally Posted by billsballer311 View Post
    Again, and again, and again, we see the same threads. The "D" though not great last game, played well considering the team they were playing.

Go Bills!!!
    Like when we gave up 48 against the Jets?

We know what a juggernaut they have on offense!

Go Bills!!!
    37 points against with 0 turnovers does NOT equal playing well. They were bad. They are bad. It is unacceptable. The fact is that this team has scored 28+ points and lost 4 times this year. There is no excuse for that.

Really? We're talking about the first game now?

Go Bills!!!
    Marcel, Kyle Williams, and Mario Williams in for the sack. Its a ham sandwich!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    37 points against with 0 turnovers does NOT equal playing well. They were bad. They are bad. It is unacceptable. The fact is that this team has scored 28+ points and lost 4 times this year. There is no excuse for that.
    Against the Pats vaunted offense, they were throttled in the first half but played well enough to win in the second. That's a reverse from what we've seen, just gotta finish.

Go Bills!!!

Really? We're talking about the first game now?

Go Bills!!!
    45 against San Fran

35 against Tenn

But I know, we are much, much better than the stats.

Except for Fitz ... he is much worse than the stats right?

Against the Pats vaunted offense, they were throttled in the first half but played well enough to win in the second. That's a reverse from what we've seen, just gotta finish.

Go Bills!!!
    I'm as positive about this team as anybody around here (more positive then most) and generally the first to defend this team from the multitude of trolls that spam up this board, but there is no sticking up for this defense. How many sacks is our D-Line getting per game? These guys are REALLY talented, yet can't find a way to be productive in this scheme. When was the last time we got an interception? How many times have we held our opponant under 20 points this year? Its seriously just bad. IMO its the scheme. Our players are more talented then what we are seeing. Either the Xs and Os are bad or Wanny simply doesn't have them prepared well enough to succeed. Either way we are in desparate need of a better DC. Bring back Edwards and our D might improve. That's how bad we've been!

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    I'm as positive about this team as anybody around here (more positive then most) and generally the first to defend this team from the multitude of trolls that spam up this board, but there is no sticking up for this defense. How many sacks is our D-Line getting per game? These guys are REALLY talented, yet can't find a way to be productive in this scheme. When was the last time we got an interception? How many times have we held our opponant under 20 points this year? Its seriously just bad. IMO its the scheme. Our players are more talented then what we are seeing. Either the Xs and Os are bad or Wanny simply doesn't have them prepared well enough to succeed. Either way we are in desparate need of a better DC. Bring back Edwards and our D might improve. That's how bad we've been!
    I know you're a positive poster, but I'm not saying they're world beaters, they played well considering the opponent.

I fully expect a big game against the fish.

Go Bills!!!

well, we have been awful on D especially Run defense... doesn't matter what scheme you play. Defenses, I believe, are dictated by the players and chemistry and less by the schemes
    You show me a pay stub for $72,000, I quit my job right now and work for you.

"Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

I know you're a positive poster, but I'm not saying they're world beaters, they played well considering the opponent.

I fully expect a big game against the fish.

Go Bills!!!
    ....they allowed for something like 7 scoring drives in a row in the first half...

This D I believe has hit a turning point. That second half was really good against a great offense. The run game got better and Gronk and Welker didn't beat them. Honestly I thought McKelvin and Gilmore played well together and without a bunch of horrible PI calls this would have been a win. Also I finally some fight in Dareus and that is big. Dareus and Kyle in the middle and healthy is key.

The D has obviously been a huge problem. The thing is, who would replace him at this point in the season? It'd probably be best to let him finish the season and then figure out where we are going from there. I want the team to hold him accountable for the way his squad is playing, but its not like a player where you can bench him for a poor performance...a lot of young/new players on the team, so switching schemes at this point might hurt them in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Billzgobowlin View Post
    This D I believe has hit a turning point. That second half was really good against a great offense. The run game got better and Gronk and Welker didn't beat them. Honestly I thought McKelvin and Gilmore played well together and without a bunch of horrible PI calls this would have been a win. Also I finally some fight in Dareus and that is big. Dareus and Kyle in the middle and healthy is key.
    If they can turn it around this year I will happily eat crow. I will even make you a deal. If the defense can pull itself together and play well enough for this team to go 9/7, or 8/8 and somehow make the playoffs, I will put "I have no clue what I'm talking about on defense" In my Sig until training camp next year. Id do it happily too.

I dont want to make excuses for the guy because to be honest, I am sick of watching them get torn apart. However, the more I think about it, the more I realize how inexperienced our defense is. We tend to look at the players on our team as if they are already stars just because we love the team. But Dareus, Shep, A. Williams are all second year players. Bradham and Gilmore are rookies. Kyle Moore is getting his first real playing time this season. That is over half of our starting defense with no more than 1.5 seasons under their belt.
    Mario Williams should be playing better, but he is still in his first season with the Bills. Barnett is in his second season with the team. This is also Wannstedt's first season as D-coordinator. All in all, I guess I shouldnt have expected so much from them this season!

Quote Originally Posted by suckerville View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...1&d-447263-n=1

Tell me how we are supposed to justify this?
    The season isn't over and firing Wanny now would probably only make it worse, as difficult as that is to imagine. I'll be absolutely amazed if he isn't released shortly after the season ends. Who is out there that can coach a 4-3? I think going to a 3-4 from a 4-3 makes no sense at all because we don't have any really good LB's. At least there is some chance that Mario and Marcel can come around. Barnett is the only good LB on the team and he's on the wrong side of 30. We need to draft or sign a couple LB's and add another starting CB as well.
    2013 - 2014 Adopt-a-Bill: Stephon Gilmore

This is the year that Gilmore erases all doubt.

I think they would have won at least 2 games if they even had an average defense. This is what happens when you hire friends for a job he is not qualified for. Despite having the worst linebackers in history a good coordinator would still have done a better job than this. If they want to be compete in this league wanny better get fired after the season

Quote Originally Posted by Billzgobowlin View Post
    Thats what I was saying earlier, played well enough to win in the second half.

Go Bills!!!

Quote Originally Posted by asctherock View Post
    I think they would have won at least 2 games if they even had an average defense. This is what happens when you hire friends for a job he is not qualified for. Despite having the worst linebackers in history a good coordinator would still have done a better job than this. If they want to be compete in this league wanny better get fired after the season
    I'm not impressed with the LB's either, but I wonder if Wanny is making them look worse than they really are.
    2013 - 2014 Adopt-a-Bill: Stephon Gilmore

This is the year that Gilmore erases all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by suckerville View Post
    45 against San Fran

35 against Tenn

But I know, we are much, much better than the stats.

Except for Fitz ... he is much worse than the stats right?
    When did Fitz enter the convo? I've never been a Fitz detractor.

Go Bills!!!