Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: SB Nation: Bills currently hold the 5th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,393

    Default SB Nation: Bills currently hold the 5th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft!

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...fl-draft-order

    This team needs an elite LB like Manti Teo in the worst way...it is clear there are no sure fire franchise QB's this year and we need to start creating better competition at LB...I hope we continue to lose enough where we can grab this guy in the top of the draft...winning Thursday night against Miami would really hurt our chances.

    Then look for Wilson or Glennon in the 2nd round.

    2012 Adopt-A-Bill: T.J. Graham

  2. #2

    Default

    No, this team needs an elite quarterback in the worst way. I would have no problem with this team losing out, firing Gailey and drafting inside the top 3.
    1. OT Jake Matthews, 6'6 309 Texas A&M
    2. OLB Kyle Van Noy, 6'4 243 BYU
    3. RB Andre Williams, 5'10 233 Boston College
    4. OG Trai Turner, 6'3 310 LSU
    5. CB Ross Cockrell, 6'0 191 Duke
    7. DE Ethan Westbrooks, 6'4 267 West Texas A&M

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    19,532

    Default

    I would go BPA non RB unless there's a top 10 ranked QB still there.
    When will the Bills find the heir to Losman?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post
    No, this team needs an elite quarterback in the worst way. I would have no problem with this team losing out, firing Gailey and drafting inside the top 3.
    We do need a QB... but to me, MLB is a need #1b...

    If the position of value is LB, that is where we should go first... if Buddy is the scout he is supposed to be, he can grab a QB of value later in this draft, IMO.
    Hopelessly devastated Bills fan.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20,867

    Default

    Not high enough to land Barkley and way to high for Wilson. Thus, I would take Te'o or even Mingo from LSU. The Bills could be best served to continue to try and find a pass rush.

    As a matter of fact Mingo might be my leading candidate for the Bills if they do end up picking in the top five.
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

    Mock 4/20
    1) Eric Ebron TE, UNC
    2) Scott Crichton DE, Oregon State
    3) Christian Jones OLB, FSU
    4) Billy Turner OT, North Dakota State
    5) Andre Williams RB, BC

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post
    No, this team needs an elite quarterback in the worst way. I would have no problem with this team losing out, firing Gailey and drafting inside the top 3.
    No one is disagreeing with you that we need an elite QB...problem is there is none...however, there is an elite LB who happens to fill a position we desperately need filled...Nix said we would not reach for a QB and I have to agree...keep stocking the team with elite talent if it is there.

    2012 Adopt-A-Bill: T.J. Graham

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan View Post
    Not high enough to land Barkley and way to high for Wilson. Thus, I would take Te'o or even Mingo from LSU. The Bills could be best served to continue to try and find a pass rush.

    As a matter of fact Mingo might be my leading candidate for the Bills if they do end up picking in the top five.
    I'm starting to lean this way more and more...My first choice would be Teo...my 2nd choice would be one of elite DE's.

    2012 Adopt-A-Bill: T.J. Graham

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    19,418

    Default

    The bills are going to get some wins down the stretch so prepare to be disappointed.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Call me crazy but I hope we win out and grab a wild card spot.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    1. JAKE MATTHEWS, OT, TEXAS A&M
    2. AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS, TE, WASHINGTON
    3. MARTAVIS BRYANT, WR, CLEMSON
    4. CYRIL RICHARDSON, OG, BAYLOR
    5. AARON LYNCH, DE, SOUTH FLORIDA
    7. PATRICK O'DONNELL, P, MIAMI

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,662

    Default

    What will it take for people to finally get the point? LBs don't win games, QBs do. If the Bills take your advice we'll keep right on sucking for another 13 years.
    THE BLUEPRINT


    Ladies and gents, your 2013 Buffalo Bills!*

    *Note: Same as your 2001-2012 Buffalo Bills

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    QB and MLB are two of the most important positions on the field... they are positions you draft because teams don't let good ones go!!

    They are both needs and so we need to draft both... for once!
    Hopelessly devastated Bills fan.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdub_bills_12 View Post
    QB and MLB are two of the most important positions on the field... they are positions you draft because teams don't let good ones go!!

    They are both needs and so we need to draft both... for once!
    so if the value of MLB is higher than value of QB, doesn't it make sense to take that first, and then QB 2nd?

    2012 Adopt-A-Bill: T.J. Graham

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sdigity2 View Post
    No one is disagreeing with you that we need an elite QB...problem is there is none...however, there is an elite LB who happens to fill a position we desperately need filled...Nix said we would not reach for a QB and I have to agree...keep stocking the team with elite talent if it is there.
    If we're picking #3 and Geno Smith or Matt Barkley is sitting there, you take them. I understand Nix not wanting to just take any quarterback just to take one but eventually we have to take a risk on someone. We don't trade up for players and if they think that a franchise guy is just going to fall into their lap without taking some sort of risk then their sadly mistaken.

    I want Manti as well but if I had to choose between Te'o and Smith/Barkley, I'm taking the quarterback.
    1. OT Jake Matthews, 6'6 309 Texas A&M
    2. OLB Kyle Van Noy, 6'4 243 BYU
    3. RB Andre Williams, 5'10 233 Boston College
    4. OG Trai Turner, 6'3 310 LSU
    5. CB Ross Cockrell, 6'0 191 Duke
    7. DE Ethan Westbrooks, 6'4 267 West Texas A&M

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sdigity2 View Post
    so if the value of MLB is higher than value of QB, doesn't it make sense to take that first, and then QB 2nd?
    Yes.... which is basically what I have been arguing for in 5-7 threads today...
    Hopelessly devastated Bills fan.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danbury,CT
    Posts
    4,309

    Default

    There is FA and I believe the Bills will fill there LBer needs that way and draft a QB in the first, even if they have to trade up to do so
    Mock draft

    1. T Jake Matthews
    2. TE Jace Amaro
    3. DE Kareem Martin
    4. LB Jordan Zumwalt
    5. CB Walt Aikens
    7. P Pat O'Donnell

    Another Championship Uconn!!!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Orchard Park
    Posts
    2,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbojanglezs View Post
    The bills are going to get some wins down the stretch so prepare to be disappointed.
    Which means Wilson will be our pic....

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cheektowaga, NY
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbojanglezs View Post
    The bills are going to get some wins down the stretch so prepare to be disappointed.
    This.

    Standard Bills march to mediocrity and a 8th-12th overall pick.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cheektowaga, NY
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk20 View Post
    Which means Wilson will be our pic....
    God, i hope so.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,134

    Default

    What about when the Bills end with an 8-8 or 9-7 record?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cheektowaga, NY
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billsfan1516 View Post
    What about when the Bills end with an 8-8 or 9-7 record?
    Too much respect. Who are they beating?

    I'll give away Miami, St Louis, and Jacsonville at home.

    No to Seattle, Jets or @ Miami.

    And they can easily lose those home games.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •