Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gailey says you shouldnt wait to play a rookie QB

Default Gailey says you shouldnt wait to play a rookie QB

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

So basically what Gailey says here is Fitzpatrick is gone if they draft a QB.
    "You draft them to play them now," Gailey said. "You don't draft them to let them sit. There's a few people that are doing that, but for the most part you're drafting those guys to play.

"They're thrown in there, and they're responding extremely well right now."

Gailey's comments could be a glimpse inside the organizational thinking at One Bills Drive for next year. General Manager Buddy Nix has said he wants to draft a quarterback in 2013.
    http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-c...-them-now.html
    With his passion for the game and never-ending loyalty to the great fans of Buffalo, he embodied what all owners in sports strive to be.

--Terry and Kim Pegula

I personally prefer to have them sit out a year before playing them. Help them adjust, let the game slow down for them before letting them get plastered by defensive players.

Not saying that's the only way, just the one that I'd prefer. I think playing them immediately usually works best with elite QB's (when looking at the long-term picture).

The game won't slow down for them unless they actually go out and play. This is the way the NFL is you throw them out and that is the only way to get used to the game.

so why drafting a running back and dont let him play at all, even when that rookie proves to be one of the best in the position???

makes no sense what he says to what he does
    Twitter: @XBXOXY

Jerry Sullivan about the Bills:
    "You could say they deserved better, but losing teams develop losing habits."

Gregg Easterbrook:
    "What is it about the Bills' organization since the Super Bowl run? Doing nothing has become its Zen. "

we are in the perfect position to draft a QB with the running attack we have, a running game is the best thing for a rookie/young QB.

Quote Originally Posted by xbxoxy View Post
    so why drafting a running back and dont let him play at all, even when that rookie proves to be one of the best in the position???

Exactly. We all know how gailey has been with spiller. Graham probably wouldn't be active if not for injuries (and yet, somehow, the final int of the pats game was his fault). Gailey is just saying whatever he thinks will save his job at this point.

THIS IS AWESOME! Buddy says he wants to draft one and Chan says he wants to play one. It's so exciting when your team decides to try and put an actual face on your franchise isn't it?!?!?
    Hopelessly devastated Bills fan.

Quote Originally Posted by cdub_bills_12 View Post
    THIS IS AWESOME! Buddy says he wants to draft one and Chan says he wants to play one. It's so exciting when your team decides to try and put an actual face on your franchise isn't it?!?!?
    they are just saying what we want to hear... even if we want a new QB i wouldnt want to see chan getting back next year
    Twitter: @XBXOXY

Jerry Sullivan about the Bills:
    "You could say they deserved better, but losing teams develop losing habits."

Gregg Easterbrook:
    "What is it about the Bills' organization since the Super Bowl run? Doing nothing has become its Zen. "

Quote Originally Posted by psubills62 View Post
    I personally prefer to have them sit out a year before playing them. Help them adjust, let the game slow down for them before letting them get plastered by defensive players.

Not saying that's the only way, just the one that I'd prefer. I think playing them immediately usually works best with elite QB's (when looking at the long-term picture).
    I think you can ignore that argument a little bit in our case as the Bills O-Line is one of the better units in the league.

I said it at the beginning of the year that Fitzpatrick would be the scapegoat this year. We'll finish 5-11 or 6-10 and they'll use the Fitzpatrick and his struggles as a reason to keep Gailey and that drafting a quarterback will finally push this team over the hump. But truth is, this team is going no where with Gailey at the helm.
    **Doug Whaley Supporter**

....as long as Fitz & Thiggy are gone I don't care who they draft....play em right away....never been a big fan of holding a clipboard for 2 years.....
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

In the NFL sitting a rookie QB is a waste of a season of experience. They need to take hits and get used to NFL game speed. You don't get that as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by xbxoxy View Post

So true. I can't stand the guy. His press conferences are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by HappeninNow View Post
    I think you can ignore that argument a little bit in our case as the Bills O-Line is one of the better units in the league.
    Still not going to ignore. First of all, because it's partially Gailey's system (which I dislike) that leads to fewer sacks. And Fitz still gets hit plenty.

I still like letting a rookie sit and learn through film study and watching. Develop him in practice first.

I truly don't want them to be the guys who are going to pick the face of this franchise next year. My wish is hand it over to Whaley and let his new coaching staff pick the face of this franchise.

throwback

Can't wait!
    No Expectations

2015 Adopt-a-Bill: Stephon Gilmore #bumpngrind

2014 NFL Draft:
    1) Sammy Watkins (WR, Clemson) A+/C-
    2) Cyrus Kouandjio (RT, Alabama) B
    3) Preston Brown (MLB, Louisville)C+
    4) Ross Cockrell (CB, Duke) B-
    5) Cyril Richardson (G, Baylor) B+
    6) Mike Williams (WR, Tampy Bay) A
    7) Randell Johnson (OLB, Florida Atlantic) C
    7) Seantrel Henderson (RT, Miami) B+

College QB's are getting up to speed much faster these days. Probably because many more college teams are running a pro style type offense. I'm getting excited in thinking that we will have another QB next year.

Why can't Chan have the same mindset about the RB as well? Draft'em you play'em. GIVE SPILLER THE BALL!!!
    SIGNATURE
    Quote Originally Posted by muffman View Post
    Arent you the guy who said the Bills drafted EJ Manuel so they could "sell him in the americas, africa and the middle east?"
    LMAO....
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    No I said if he becomes a star he has more international AD ability than Tom Brady. I was talking about how the black athlete is marketed internationally.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    Brady isn't Manuel and as stated the media tends to take a man like Manuel because they can sell him in all of the America's and Africa and the Middle East and not just in the United States.

Cant believe it took 3 years for Gailey and Nix realize we need a QB

Quote Originally Posted by psubills62 View Post
    Still not going to ignore. First of all, because it's partially Gailey's system (which I dislike) that leads to fewer sacks. And Fitz still gets hit plenty.

I still like letting a rookie sit and learn through film study and watching. Develop him in practice first.
    Maybe a 3rd rounder. Now a days a rookie starts drafted out of round 1, 2, or 3. Even 4. It's not the 80's anymore. These kids have lots of talent. Look at R. Wilson, Ponder, Luck RG3, Dalton, even Kaepernick is playing. Play them as soon as you get em.

I would be more excited if they didn't say the exact same thing two years ago

The owner came out and said the #1 job of Buddy Nix was to find a QB. Then, guess what?! Turns out we had out guy all along! YEAH!!

I will believe it when I see it, unless Mr. Wilson has told Nix that he will draft a QB this time. Ralph is the boss around here.
    Find a way to get Clowney or Mack!