Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61

Thread: What Stevie Said about the INT

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,591

    Default

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    Quote Originally Posted by FlutieShakes View Post
    I hope you live in NY, so I know your vote never counts. Thanks for playing.
    Do you know my political implications? I was obviously joking.
    Adopt a Bill 2013
    Robert Woods

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,584

    Default

    I think Fitz is getting a bit too much heat on this - that is Gailey's call. He manages personnel and play calling.

    That said, Fitz made the decision to go to Graham. Stevie had steps on his DB running into the endzone, CJ was wide open underneath, and TJ had only 1 catch the entire game and has sometimes struggled with holding on to the ball in key situations.

    28 seconds, throw underneath to CJ, get to the 5 yard line, then spike it. Chan designs some beautiful plays on goal-to-gos, so use them.

    Plus CJ would've gotten the ball, what, at the 11 yard line? He's averaging 7 yards per touch, and certainly would be the most likely to waltz it in. If you're going for the endzone, has to be Stevie. His safety is playing in, and his CB bites up on CJ's in route.

    Wrong risk at the wrong time.


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    3 years in the dirty south
    Posts
    5,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Te_Puru View Post
    I think Fitz is getting a bit too much heat on this - that is Gailey's call. He manages personnel and play calling.

    That said, Fitz made the decision to go to Graham. Stevie had steps on his DB running into the endzone, CJ was wide open underneath, and TJ had only 1 catch the entire game and has sometimes struggled with holding on to the ball in key situations.

    28 seconds, throw underneath to CJ, get to the 5 yard line, then spike it. Chan designs some beautiful plays on goal-to-gos, so use them.

    Plus CJ would've gotten the ball, what, at the 11 yard line? He's averaging 7 yards per touch, and certainly would be the most likely to waltz it in. If you're going for the endzone, has to be Stevie. His safety is playing in, and his CB bites up on CJ's in route.

    Wrong risk at the wrong time.


    lets say Graham cuts the Safety off there on that clip.... the ball is thrown pretty high.. i think Fitz, in reality, was trying to hit Graham deep in the end zone
    I don't give my opinion, I administer it


    Can't wait for the "buffalo series" where Toronto plays one game a year at the Ralph ?

    "Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jm2009 View Post
    13-28 suggests it happens to us a lot more than most teams.
    Yep bad communication all around. I know everyone loves to point the finger at one guy because it's easier and more satisfying to bash them, but this was obviously a very complicated situation where multiple parties were at fault here, and people wanting to put the full blame on Fitz just want a guy they can pin cushion all the problems with.
    Adopt a Bill 2013
    Robert Woods

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    lets say Graham cuts the Safety off there on that clip.... the ball is thrown pretty high.. i think Fitz, in reality, was trying to hit Graham deep in the end zone
    It's not that high. Your reaching now...
    Adopt a Bill 2013
    Robert Woods

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    3 years in the dirty south
    Posts
    5,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan42790 View Post
    It's not that high. Your reaching now...
    cuz, watch teh video... the Safety jumped for it
    I don't give my opinion, I administer it


    Can't wait for the "buffalo series" where Toronto plays one game a year at the Ralph ?

    "Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan42790 View Post
    It's not that high. Your reaching now...
    Lol your joking right?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    3 years in the dirty south
    Posts
    5,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbelt Bills Fan 716 View Post
    Lol your joking right?
    exactly, it is a perfect pass to Graham without the safety there...

    Publicly, they will tell you what ever you want
    I don't give my opinion, I administer it


    Can't wait for the "buffalo series" where Toronto plays one game a year at the Ralph ?

    "Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    cuz, watch teh video... the Safety jumped for it
    I kind of agree - if Graham did undercut McCourty, that is a rocket catch he needs to make. But I won't speculate on that.

    If he laid it out on a rope, where it would need to have been, it is likely a pick by Rob Ninkovich...

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    cuz, watch teh video... the Safety jumped for it
    He barely jumped that high. I didn't say it wasn't high, just not THAT high that could support your conclusion.
    Adopt a Bill 2013
    Robert Woods

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,696

    Default

    Its not that high, certainly not a vertical max for him.... maybe 2 feet
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jazz View Post
    What is your problem, do you get off on cutting a guy down a notch, is this what gets you through your days ? really, whats up with you ?
    Rest in Peace Dad, June 3, 1940 - January 18, 2013 Semper Fi Marine
    "Be polite, be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet" - General James Mattis USMC

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Te_Puru View Post
    I think Fitz is getting a bit too much heat on this - that is Gailey's call. He manages personnel and play calling.

    That said, Fitz made the decision to go to Graham. Stevie had steps on his DB running into the endzone, CJ was wide open underneath, and TJ had only 1 catch the entire game and has sometimes struggled with holding on to the ball in key situations.

    28 seconds, throw underneath to CJ, get to the 5 yard line, then spike it. Chan designs some beautiful plays on goal-to-gos, so use them.

    Plus CJ would've gotten the ball, what, at the 11 yard line? He's averaging 7 yards per touch, and certainly would be the most likely to waltz it in. If you're going for the endzone, has to be Stevie. His safety is playing in, and his CB bites up on CJ's in route.

    Wrong risk at the wrong time.

    Yeah, he could have went to CJ but Stevie was double covered until they saw Fitz in throwing motion. Look at them, they are watching the QB who was looking the other way and in throwing motion. Stevie was double covered and unlikely to get open if Ftiz was looking their way.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    17,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    lets say Graham cuts the Safety off there on that clip.... the ball is thrown pretty high.. i think Fitz, in reality, was trying to hit Graham deep in the end zone
    man, spiller was so wide open....

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    3 years in the dirty south
    Posts
    5,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    Yeah, he could have went to CJ but Stevie was double covered until they saw Fitz in throwing motion. Look at them, they are watching the QB who was looking the other way and in throwing motion. Stevie was double covered and unlikely to get open if Ftiz was looking their way.
    watch teh last second of that video.... Stevie breaks open
    I don't give my opinion, I administer it


    Can't wait for the "buffalo series" where Toronto plays one game a year at the Ralph ?

    "Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbelt Bills Fan 716 View Post
    Lol your joking right?
    Nope, you're just seeing what you want to see at this point.
    Adopt a Bill 2013
    Robert Woods

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    watch teh last second of that video.... Stevie breaks open
    Yeah, I see it , but they clearly saw Fitz commit.....if he had looked them off and went to Stevie, it could have been different
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jazz View Post
    What is your problem, do you get off on cutting a guy down a notch, is this what gets you through your days ? really, whats up with you ?
    Rest in Peace Dad, June 3, 1940 - January 18, 2013 Semper Fi Marine
    "Be polite, be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet" - General James Mattis USMC

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    3 years in the dirty south
    Posts
    5,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DIESEL-USMC View Post
    Yeah, I see it , but they clearly saw Fitz commit.....if he had looked them off and went to Stevie, it could have been different
    it is the first time seeing the video... Stevie breaking open was somehting Joe B pointed out
    I don't give my opinion, I administer it


    Can't wait for the "buffalo series" where Toronto plays one game a year at the Ralph ?

    "Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    watch teh last second of that video.... Stevie breaks open
    He breaks open while Fitz is already throwing the ball. The defenders were watching this and let go.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    5,455

    Default

    graham should have been the last guy to go too, spiller was wide open and if you go back and look I believe Stevie was wide open also, the smart and safe play was to CJ. The decision on that play is on Fitz. So if blame has to go to somebody it go's to Fitz.
    But lets not forget that the defense should be telling fitz and the offense that they are sorry.
    Welcome to the NFL, where the only measure of success can be found in the standings

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    Yeah, he could have went to CJ but Stevie was double covered until they saw Fitz in throwing motion. Look at them, they are watching the QB who was looking the other way and in throwing motion. Stevie was double covered and unlikely to get open if Ftiz was looking their way.
    watch the CB covering Stevie - soon as he cheats up (which he does when CJ makes his cut) that is the signal QBs are looking for. That happens before his throwing motion starts (before he plants).

    He said they got a cover two look - so the soft spots in cover 2 are deep behind cloud coverage before the S can get across. You see cover 2 and have your #1 guy running deep, he's got a shot. If not bail out to CJ.

    Safety is playing midfield, you have a target running an inside breaking cut and on running deep. You flick your eyes to the backside (to freeze the S - rookies can do this) then flip around to make the read, there is a large window for the game winning pass. If its too tight, throw it out the back of the endzone and have another go.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •