Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If we finish 5-11 is Gailey back?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by 54 spielman View Post
    If his contract is for more than three years (which I keep hearing it is), then Gailey will be back. Ralph will not absorb the contracts of two ousted HCs.
    This thinking never makes any sense. I know Ralph doesnt like to pay for fired coaches, what owner does, but getting a new coach would make up the money lost.
    With his passion for the game and never-ending loyalty to the great fans of Buffalo, he embodied what all owners in sports strive to be.

--Terry and Kim Pegula

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bad View Post
    Spielman, you're missing out. DC is getting exposed as a troll in the thread that DaBills4Life made.
    Oh, ****it...
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Quote Originally Posted by EricWood69 View Post
    I know Nix said he's coming back and everything... but what if we finish 5-11.

Do you think he'll really be back?
    If Nix is back...yup.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

Would be absolutely ridiculous if we brought him back with that record but we major in the ridiculous.

I am listening to Chan's interview on WGR 550 now.

He is ridiculous.

Its one excuse after another. We can't ask Fitz to do that, we ummm, ughh, ummm, need to be better, in hindsight I shouldn't have gave Graham the read there.

GET THIS GUY OUT OF BUFFALO. PLEASE.

More excuses, and the WGR 550 guys are weak.

They soften their questions right after asking them with qualifiers.

My wife is listening to this interviewing: she said it perfect: Chan is weak.

Doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, just keep deflecting every question with cliches.

Quote Originally Posted by Nateball View Post
    Nix has already said Gailey is coming back. I don't know if you saw that in the media or not.

What really gets me is how a coach rebuilds a gutted team from the ground up, puts HIS staff, and HIS players in place...and over a three season period, the team is actually worse than they were before. And on top of that, the entire organization is sold out on the guy too; completely convinced he's the right guy moving forward and that he has complete control of the ship.

There's a very realistic possibility the Bills will either win only one more game all season, or don't even win one more game at all, and Gailey and his entire staff will be brought back with the premise that his team just needed time to "gel." Wannstedt WILL be back next season. Fitzpatrick WILL be back next season, throwing games away. And Buddy Nix will still say it would be too costly to overhaul the franchise. This type of mentality over the past decade has alienated a lot of die hard Bills fans, at least emotionally. We're all seeing through the bull **** the second these scrubs are hired and give their cookie cutter speech about how they're dedicated to hard work and turning the franchise around. This is on Ralph for not taking a more pro active approach to putting a winning front office in OBD, and letting accountants and money handlers make football based decisions, and it's showed big time. It's a terrible and ugly cycle to see every three years a new coach, a new QB, and not one winning season. I know Ralph is old, and he has his health to worry about, and I can respect that, but he's running an $800 million dollar business, he has to step back and appoint a proxy to take over the team and give that proxy full control to run OBD, so that Ralph is owner in name only. The business model of 'bring 'em in, and ship 'em out three years later' simply doesn't work, and that's why teams like Oakland and Cleveland are looked at as punchlines, and no free agents in their right minds want to play there unless they're offered a Mario Williams type deal.

Gailey will be back, and from the looks of it, no matter how much of a raging hard on he has for his epic failure of a quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, he will be overwritten, and will be forced to take a QB in the first round of next year's draft, whom he will promptly bench, no matter how much promise the kid shows, and make him "sit and learn" behind Fitzpatrick, even as Fitzpatrick plays terribly and single handedly throws games away. It sucks, but that's pretty much the state of the Bills. Ralph is simply too old to man the ship anymore, and too proud to relinquish control of the team to someone younger and who could do a better job staffing the front office. I don't wish for Ralph to die, I've actually grown to become a fan of his, but I don't think there's one Western New Yorker who doesn't see that the Bills will never be a competitive NFL team until there is new ownership with a new culture, and a new ideology and a new philosophy, and a new commitment to growth, sustained growth, success, and long term success.
    Thanks.....now I am very depressed.

Stability is only positive if there are signs of progress.

After almost 3 years at the helm, Chan and Nix' team is playing possibly the worst football of their tenure this year.

If we finish under 6-10, any sane/not-senile Owner would fire his @$$.

There is no progress. Talent is being wasted. Questionable decisions and calls are everywhere. There is no accountability.

Fire Buddy too - he should be objective, not coming out to bat for his mate. This is your job, and sometimes you have to make harsh decisions.

Look at Ron Rivera - 1 and a half years in, last year looked VERY promising, but regressed this year, and he's on the hotseat.

hire Chip Kelly, sign Mike Vick.

Its no big suprise that this franchise loves garbage.............so yes, of course Chan will be back next year.
    Can you dig it?

Of course Chan will be back .... We're only in year 3 of a 5-10 year rebuilding project. Can't rock the boat now.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    " I spent half of my money on gambling, liquor, and wild women. The other half I wasted."
    WC Fields

He has to go at least 7-9. If he didn't improve over last year's 6-10 then who knows what they'll do.

throwback

Quote Originally Posted by pocari-sweat View Post
    Its no big suprise that this franchise loves garbage.............so yes, of course Chan will be back next year.
    Agreed

He will be fired 1 week before the regular season starts next year. Bills are a perfect timing organization.

That's insane. There's no way he sticks with only 5 wins. The only question would be whether or not Buddy would join him.
    2013 - 2014 Adopt-a-Bill: Stephon Gilmore

This is the year that Gilmore erases all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
    hire Chip Kelly, sign Mike Vick.
    Michael Vick's career could possibly be over with the latest concussion he's suffered, and even if it's not, no team, not even the lowly Buffalo Bills...well, maybe the lowly Buffalo Bills, would ever take another shot at this guy. He's GROSSLY injury prone, so much so that it's almost comical. I'm not saying him getting hurt is funny, but it's literally like EVERY SINGLE GAME OF EVERY SINGLE SEASON, he is hurt in some capacity, and his play suffers because of it. Aren't we already dragging along an old, useless, wounded dog who hasn't produced since last decade named Terrence McGee?

QUOTE=54 spielman;6437347]If his contract is for more than three years (which I keep hearing it is), then Gailey will be back. Ralph will not absorb the contracts of two ousted HCs.[/QUOTE]

I think when a coach takes another job in the NFL, as DJ has, that salary is deducted from what his former team owed him - maybe???

Quote Originally Posted by EricWood69 View Post
    I know Nix said he's coming back and everything... but what if we finish 5-11.

Do you think he'll really be back?

They'd have to think about it.

But we're just not that bad a team. I expect an absolute minimum of 7 wins based on the remaining schedule.